Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Hotels and Places to Stay > Hyatt | World of Hyatt
Reload this Page >

Grand Hyatt Singapore REVIEW - MASTER THREAD (closed Sept 22) - reopens 2024?

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Grand Hyatt Singapore REVIEW - MASTER THREAD (closed Sept 22) - reopens 2024?

Search this Thread

Old Apr 9, 2019, 2:22 am
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: AS 75K; UA 1MM; Hyatt Globalist; Marriott LTP; Hilton Diamond (Aspire)
Originally Posted by adambadam
Anyone have any input on GH vs Andaz for one night? I’ve stayed at the Andaz before so more wondering how this stacks up. I currently have the GH booked as it is about SGD50 less the night I am there. Really enjoyed my one stay last year at the Andaz and if it is better I would switch despite the price. Could more or less make it up taking the train one way right to the property.
If you liked the Andaz, you should probably go back there. GH is a convention property (though a nice one) and in need of renovation.

Andaz is also closer to the airport.
adambadam likes this.
Old Apr 9, 2019, 11:19 pm

Originally Posted by adambadam
Anyone have any input on GH vs Andaz for one night? I’ve stayed at the Andaz before so more wondering how this stacks up. I currently have the GH booked as it is about SGD50 less the night I am there. Really enjoyed my one stay last year at the Andaz and if it is better I would switch despite the price. Could more or less make it up taking the train one way right to the property.
As others above have said, each has its pros and cons. It just comes down to personal preference.

Andaz is newer, equipped with modern facilities, and its location is slightly better IMO. As a Globalist, you can enjoy complimentary breakfast at its 3 restaurants. On the other hand, GH generally has bigger rooms and is located on the fringe of Orchard Road with plenty of shopping and dining options.

I personally prefer Andaz over GH, but you really can't go wrong with either.
Old Apr 10, 2019, 3:45 am
Moderator, El Al and Marriott Bonvoy, FlyerTalk Evangelist
Hyatt Contributor BadgeMarriott Contributor Badge

Programs: SQ*G, Mar LTT, Hyatt Glb, AA LTG, LY, HH, IC, BA, DL, UA SLV
Welcome to FlyerTalk, juneh!
Old Apr 10, 2019, 3:47 am

Programs: Bonvoy Ambassador, Hyatt Globalist, Hilton Gold, AA EXP, UA Silver, former DL DM
I would like to note that Grand Hyatt Singapore is owned by the Brunei sovereign wealth fund (link: https://www.ttrweekly.com/site/2019/...dodge-boycott/)

For anyone wishing to support the ongoing Brunei boycott and LGBT rights (following Brunei's recent introduction of anti-gay laws punishable by death), I would recommend staying at the Andaz instead. More background here: https://www.nytimes.com/2019/04/03/w...-boycotts.html
downinit likes this.
Old Apr 19, 2019, 10:05 pm

Programs: MM / UA 1K
Be aware that there is construction going on at this property from April 20 - 25. Heavy construction with jackhammers and the like as they remodel their events space on the 3rd floor.
Old Jun 7, 2019, 4:20 pm

Programs: AA EXP 1MM, Starwood Gold, Hyatt Diamond
Is the DSU upgrade still to the duplex suite or something else now?
Old Jun 8, 2019, 12:47 am

Programs: Hyatt Giraffe
It went to the grand suite (smaller room but newer hard product) awhile back. Not sure if that's changed.
Old Jun 8, 2019, 12:50 am
Moderator: Hyatt Gold Passport & Star Alliance

Programs: UA-1K 3MM/HY- LT Globalist/BA-GGL/GfL
Originally Posted by sam_goh
It went to the grand suite (smaller room but newer hard product) awhile back. Not sure if that's changed.
Same experience - back tower Grand Suite. No additional upgrade on check-in.
Old Jun 8, 2019, 9:32 am

Programs: AA EXP - 6 MM | Amex Platinum | Hyatt Globalist | Hilton Diamond | IHG Spire Elite | Bonvoy Plat.
Originally Posted by krazieman
Is the DSU upgrade still to the duplex suite or something else now?

I am going there in October. I'm a Globalist and I used one of my Suite upgrade certificates and they upgraded me to a Grand Suite King. I'm hoping I get a further upgrade at check-in.
Old Jun 9, 2019, 2:33 am

Programs: Star Gold, Hyatt Globalist, HH Diamond, Marriott Titanium, EY Silver
Originally Posted by saint
I am going there in October. I'm a Globalist and I used one of my Suite upgrade certificates and they upgraded me to a Grand Suite King. I'm hoping I get a further upgrade at check-in.
My experience there is that a smile and friendly demeanor usually gets the upgrade (subject to availability of course).
Old Jun 9, 2019, 4:58 pm

It used to be the duplex suite. The grand suite king isn't as nice. I think I'll do the Andaz instead. I have a conference at MBS but I have 0 desire to stay at that hotel.
Old Jun 10, 2019, 10:16 pm

Originally Posted by krazieman
It used to be the duplex suite. The grand suite king isn't as nice. I think I'll do the Andaz instead. I have a conference at MBS but I have 0 desire to stay at that hotel.
Grand Suite has always been a higher category than the Duplex Suite and AFAIK most people prefer the former (judging by comments in this thread).
Old Jun 10, 2019, 10:37 pm
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: AS 75K; UA 1MM; Hyatt Globalist; Marriott LTP; Hilton Diamond (Aspire)
Originally Posted by stargold
Grand Suite has always been a higher category than the Duplex Suite and AFAIK most people prefer the former (judging by comments in this thread).
The Duplex Suite sounds cool, but in practice it's a hassle going up and down the stairs. I didn't use the living space at all.
Old Jun 11, 2019, 6:42 am

I just always thought it was cool to have two entrances where one is right on the club level.
Old Aug 28, 2019, 4:55 am

Programs: CX DM, Hyatt Globalist, Hilton DM, Marriott Plat
Used suite upgrade certificate on a recent stay, due to a problem with the call centre agent, my certificated has been used, however, did not get applied to the stay.

Only found out about 2 days before with the hotel, sadly only a smoking suite available. The smoking suite turned out to be really smoky... managed to change to the back tower none smoking suite on the last night. I can see that the hotel staff was doing their best however nothing was available, other than having my 10 year old stayed 3 nights at a very smoky room, it was a good stay.

Is there any way I can complaint the call centre agent not doing her job properly?

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.