Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Hotels and Places to Stay > Hyatt | World of Hyatt
Reload this Page >

DUBAI: Park Hyatt or Grand Hyatt?

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Search this Thread

Old Apr 14, 2015, 6:09 am
Suspended

Originally Posted by scented
Park Hyatt -- no contest.
+1
Old Apr 14, 2015, 6:23 am

Programs: Hilton Diamond, Accor Platinum, Radisson Rewards Gold, Marriott Platinum
With the family - Grand Hyatt. No contest.
Old Apr 14, 2015, 7:44 am

Originally Posted by Richey66
I'll be traveling solo, so I'm thinking Park Hyatt is the place for me. Unless the new Grand Hyatt opens, but I've heard that is pushed back to 2016. Anyone have any info on that?
Old Apr 14, 2015, 9:42 am

Location: LH SEN, SPG Gold(SCI Gold), Hyatt Diamond, Hilton Gold
Originally Posted by Richey66
Even with family PH!
Old Apr 14, 2015, 10:18 am

Originally Posted by awaite01
I'll be traveling solo, so I'm thinking Park Hyatt is the place for me. Unless the new Grand Hyatt opens, but I've heard that is pushed back to 2016. Anyone have any info on that?
The new Grand Hyatt is for Abu Dhabi, not Dubai.

Basically, Park Hyatt wins on most counts except cost.
Old Apr 15, 2015, 5:41 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Four Seasons Contributor BadgeHyatt Contributor Badge

Park Hyatt by a country mile.
Old Feb 3, 2016, 1:14 am

Programs: DL Ham Samich
Anyone with experience at both SPG and Hyatt, who wins out between both chains?
Old Feb 3, 2016, 12:21 pm

PH for sure, just amazing.
Old Feb 3, 2016, 5:56 pm

Originally Posted by RFDMinnesota
Anyone with experience at both SPG and Hyatt, who wins out between both chains?
Grosvenor House is the only SPG property that compares to PH...it is a nice property, but smack dab in the middle of the bustling marina area. I much, much preferred the tranquility of the PH and the ability to escape the hustle and bustle of Dubai. Just my $.02...
Old Feb 4, 2016, 7:57 am

Programs: UA MM/1P, EK Au, QR, TK, Marriott Life Ti, Hilton Dia, IC Dia, Hyatt Glob, Accor Pt, Shangri-La
Originally Posted by Single_Flyer
Any updates from folks who have stayed at either of these two properties? Or is there another Hyatt property in Dubai I should consider?
The Hyatt Regency Dubai Creek Heights opened recently, basically across the street from the Grand Hyatt. It's a basic, new, relatively sterile five-star property, slightly closer to the Metro than the Grand. If you're loyal to Hyatt and want to pay a lower rate, it's a fine choice.

P.S. I wish I had a nickel for every time someone in a "Grand vs. Park" thread contributed a post that said, "Park" with no explanation, no rationale, no consideration of price, no consideration of the specific amenities that the OP might be looking for. Simply affirming the trivial brand reality that Parks are generally superior to Grands doesn't add much value.
Old Feb 4, 2016, 8:48 am

Originally Posted by mecabq
The Hyatt Regency Dubai Creek Heights opened recently, basically across the street from the Grand Hyatt. It's a basic, new, relatively sterile five-star property, slightly closer to the Metro than the Grand. If you're loyal to Hyatt and want to pay a lower rate, it's a fine choice.
I think that Creek Heights is overall a better property compared to the Grand, unless the on-site restaurants or leisure facilities is a deciding factor. Yes, the former is a little sterile, but preferable to the "faded luxury" feel of the Grand.
P.S. I wish I had a nickel for every time someone in a "Grand vs. Park" thread contributed a post that said, "Park" with no explanation, no rationale, no consideration of price, no consideration of the specific amenities that the OP might be looking for. Simply affirming the trivial brand reality that Parks are generally superior to Grands doesn't add much value.
Agreed in many other cities. However, in the case of Dubai, there is very, very little which Grand does better than Park (pretty much the only thing is the number of on-site restaurants and the club lounge, although suites at the Park get free minibar), which - to me at least - makes it a simple question of "Am I willing to pay the extra for the Park?"

There are a number of SPG options which represent better VFM than the Grand as well, provided you are SPG Plat.
Old Feb 4, 2016, 12:33 pm

Programs: AA PLT Pro, EY Gold, Hilton Gold, Marriott Gold, Hyatt Globalist
Originally Posted by bmrisko
Grosvenor House is the only SPG property that compares to PH...it is a nice property, but smack dab in the middle of the bustling marina area. I much, much preferred the tranquility of the PH and the ability to escape the hustle and bustle of Dubai. Just my $.02...

I'd say this is spot on to what I was going to say. I love Grosvenor House and have had many, many stays there but it's in the middle of the marina. If you're looking for something more resort like (spread out, lush greenery, etc) then the Park Hyatt is what you want. By the way, we've also spent many nights at the PH and love it and just booked our next stay there for early 2017.
Old Feb 4, 2016, 12:36 pm

Programs: M&M FQT, BA G, Bonvoy LTT, WoH GLOB

Agree as well, have had several stays across Hyatt/SPG and if I had to pick one to go back it would be PH. Location, class, service, tranquility.
Old Feb 4, 2016, 3:46 pm

Programs: AA EXP, HH Gold, Hyatt Globalist, IC Plat, SPG Gold
I was under the same dilemma about booking at PH or GH. Based on FT recommendations I booked PH. Just returned after a stay at PH last week. It is a nice place to relax and is more of a resort style hotel as mentioned by other posters. I thought the breakfast was ok. Very nice staff however in all areas of the hotel. Used my DSU and they gave me a terrace suite at check in. We went to GH for a dinner one evening and my wife liked the grandeur there (lobby, many restaurants to choose from, nice cars pulling in etc.). We may try GH next time we are there.
peteropny likes this.
Old Feb 5, 2016, 5:20 am

Programs: UA MM/1P, EK Au, QR, TK, Marriott Life Ti, Hilton Dia, IC Dia, Hyatt Glob, Accor Pt, Shangri-La
Originally Posted by stargold
Agreed in many other cities. However, in the case of Dubai, there is very, very little which Grand does better than Park (pretty much the only thing is the number of on-site restaurants and the club lounge, although suites at the Park get free minibar), which - to me at least - makes it a simple question of "Am I willing to pay the extra for the Park?"
I generally agree, especially since the Grand rates are sometimes higher than the Park. Though the Grand is easier to access -- within walking distance of the Metro (I suppose one could walk to Deira City Center from the Park, though that means traversing the mile-long driveway) and within walking distance of other amenities such as Wafi City, at which I would recommend the restaurant Qbarra. Also the choice of restaurants and bars is vast and very good at the Grand and service above average for this class of hotel in Dubai.

Originally Posted by stargold
There are a number of SPG options which represent better VFM than the Grand as well, provided you are SPG Plat.
Agree also. I will echo others' positive reviews of Grosvenor House, a more luxurious property than the Grand, though I also don't care for the Marina area.

I haven't stayed at the new Sheraton Grand on Sheikh Zayed Road, but it's probably worth considering for SPG customers too. It's a huge, also somewhat sterile property that seems in the mold of the Conrad, JW Marriott, Shangri-La, and other mega business hotels in the area. I like the SZR location.

Also Le Meridien -- if you get the new wing, dedicated I believe to Platinums and other lounge guests and with very attractive rooms -- which also has a vibrant nightlife.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.