Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Hotels and Places to Stay > Hyatt | World of Hyatt
Reload this Page >

Park Hyatt Paris-Vendme REVIEW - MASTER THREAD (Aug 2011 onward)

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Park Hyatt Paris-Vendme REVIEW - MASTER THREAD (Aug 2011 onward)

Search this Thread

Old May 13, 2024, 12:06 pm

Programs: UA 1K/2MM, SPG/Marriott Lifetime Titanium, Lifetime HHonors Diamond, Hyatt Globalist, AA Exec Plat
Blaise Mautin is still Blaise Mautin! Glad that it's not the PH brand standard Le Labo, which is not bad but not Blaise Mautin.
Old May 13, 2024, 6:02 pm
Hilton Contributor BadgeHyatt Contributor Badge

Programs: Hyatt Globalist, Bonvoy LT Plat, Hilton Gold, GHA Tit, BA Gold, Turkish Elite
Bring back the old custom Blaise Mautin PH scents!
Old May 14, 2024, 6:12 am

Originally Posted by lalala
Agree, faint scent, more like baby shampoo. I only take the bar soap, because it is of decent quality.
Is it a faint version of the original scent? Or a different scent altogether?
Old May 14, 2024, 7:38 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Four Seasons Contributor BadgeHyatt Contributor Badge

Originally Posted by SMK77
It's watered down cheap sh*t. But as long as it's branded, it's good? That's exactly what they are doing here: They are buying some cheap stuff and get it endorsed by Blaise Mautin by putting their logo on the bottles. I find this appalling but you always find someone who will swear it's the best thing they have ever seen.
Is it made in France or Malaysia?
Old May 14, 2024, 8:02 am

Originally Posted by Aventine
Is it made in France or Malaysia?
I don't know how that would change my judgement that the ingredients used are cheap.
Old May 14, 2024, 8:04 am

Originally Posted by sfvoyage
Different. The new one is an unimpressive impression of freshness or whatever they had in mind.
Old May 14, 2024, 8:40 am

Programs: Alaska 100K - MM, defender of shoes on the carpeted bulkhead 4ever, AA LT PLT, Hyatt Glob, HH Dia
Originally Posted by sfvoyage
completely different scent - the last but one iteration seemed more citrusey, this is literally like smelling Johnson's baby shampoo. I also realized that I don't really like to carry more than I can use - the conditioner and shampoo are not great for my hair, so I usually only pick up the bar soap and maybe the body wash. I stopped bringing home the body wash as I realized it wasn't my jam. I still have a few hard milled bars of the original scent and love them so much. The closest scent I've found (not an exhaustive study) to the original is the Bowmakers found in the thompson hotels. I always bring home the little moisturizers and bar soaps as I love the musky scent.
Old May 14, 2024, 9:22 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Four Seasons Contributor BadgeHyatt Contributor Badge

I don't know how that would change my judgement that the ingredients used are cheap.
I was just curious if it was a licenced product or actual Blaise Mautin. I don't doubt that it's crap.
travelbugging likes this.
Old May 14, 2024, 4:30 pm

Originally Posted by Aventine
I was just curious if it was a licenced product or actual Blaise Mautin. I don't doubt that it's crap.
Someone posted a picture of the bottles above. There is little to none information provided.
Old May 15, 2024, 4:14 am
Hilton Contributor BadgeHyatt Contributor Badge

Programs: Hyatt Globalist, Bonvoy LT Plat, Hilton Gold, GHA Tit, BA Gold, Turkish Elite
BM don't appear to sell it themselves, so I suspect the guess above is correct that it's just cheap white label products with perhaps a homeopathic drop of perfume in it. Or perhaps not even that.

Brand culture is responsible for so much expensive cheap rubbish nowadays.
Old May 15, 2024, 5:36 pm
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: AA: 2 MM
It's watered down cheap sh*t. But as long as it's branded, it's good? That's exactly what they are doing here: They are buying some cheap stuff and get it endorsed by Blaise Mautin by putting their logo on the bottles. I find this appalling but you always find someone who will swear it's the best thing they have ever seen.
Does that mean you need two spritzes?

I remember being there on my birthday years ago and they gave me a bottle as a gift. One spritz did (does, I still have some) the trick!
Old May 17, 2024, 2:59 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA EXP, Hyatt Lifetime Diamond, CX Gold, Mrs. Pickles travels for free
I guess we can kiss goodbye to the Blaise Mautin stuff of yore, the one that smelled of almonds? That schmaltz was nice. Very nice.
Old May 17, 2024, 11:23 pm
Moderator, Delta Skymiles and Mileage Run

Programs: DL Diamond/MM, Hyatt Diamond, former AS MVPG 75K, Marriott Titanium, Hilton Gold
What has breakfast been like here as of late?
Old May 17, 2024, 11:53 pm
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: A3*Gold, SPG Plat, HyattDiamond, MarriottPP, LHW exAccess, ICI, Raffles Amb, NW PE MM, TWA Gold MM
Originally Posted by Pickles
I guess we can kiss goodbye to the Blaise Mautin stuff of yore, the one that smelled of almonds? That schmaltz was nice. Very nice.
There must be a store in Paris that sells genuine Blaise Mautin toiletries.
Old May 18, 2024, 4:36 am

Programs: Hyatt Lifetime Globalist, Marriott Gold, BA Gold
Originally Posted by ryandc99
What has breakfast been like here as of late?
Exactly the same as last year (and the years before)…same breads, viennoiseries, cured meats, cheeses, veggies, fruits, comte quiche, eggs to order and so on.
Only difference is the price now EUR50 (if not Globalist) ouch.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.