Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Hotels and Places to Stay > Hyatt | World of Hyatt
Reload this Page >

Hyatt Regency Waikiki Beach Resort and Spa REVIEW - MASTER THREAD

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Hyatt Regency Waikiki Beach Resort and Spa REVIEW - MASTER THREAD

Search this Thread

Old Nov 17, 2021, 9:03 pm
Original Member and FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: DL PM/MM, AA ExPlat, Hyatt Glob, HH Dia, National ECE, Hertz PC
Originally Posted by thekaica
HR has a Hertz on-site. Otherwise Uber may be a good alternative.
That does not mean, even as a PC, that I can secure a reservation at that Hertz.
Old Nov 18, 2021, 4:22 pm

Programs: AA: Plat Pro, Emerald, 1MM UA: Premier 1K, Star Alliance: Gold, Hyatt: GLobalist; Hilton Diam
Originally Posted by Beckles
This Friday I currently have two reservations:

HR Waikiki - Prive booking confirmed in an Oceanview room for about $1,000 cash, includes breakfast for two, $100 F& B credit, and RC lounge (as a Globalist). I was last here 10 years ago, but I really enjoyed sitting in the outside area of the lounge and looking out over the activity on Kalakaua and the beach.
1. How did you book Prive? And for how many nights did you book?

2. Member rates are going for $200 / night
Old Nov 18, 2021, 9:32 pm
Original Member and FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: DL PM/MM, AA ExPlat, Hyatt Glob, HH Dia, National ECE, Hertz PC
Originally Posted by aaexpdxp
1. How did you book Prive? And for how many nights did you book?

2. Member rates are going for $200 / night
I booked Prive through Brandon, who's very active in the Prive thread. Typically the Prive rates are the same as Member Rates, but apparently not always, they were a little higher, and I paid for the next category up to absolutely assure an Oceanview room, so all in with taxes it was going to be just under $1,000 (with resort fee waived as a Globalist).

In the end I decided for my nine year-olds first trip to Hawaii HHV was probably a better choice, and as it turned out not only did the HHV upgrade me to Oceanfront Rainbow tower, it's one of the top few floors and very close close to the Ocean, I'll just spend the money I was going to pay Hyatt on food and drink at the Hilton I guess. The HHV is where I stayed the first time I went to Hawaii with a few friends, so it will be nice to visit again after 22 years.
Old Dec 14, 2021, 6:46 pm

Programs: UA 1MM, AA1MM PLTPRO, Hertz PC, National EXC, Hyatt Explorist, Hilton/Marriott Gold, IHG Platinum
Staying here currently. FWIW, valet service has returned and the bar next to the pool is scheduled to open on Thursday. There are 2 servers attending to the pool area, now, so drinks are decently flowing (though expensive). Service doesn't appear to begin until noon each day.
Old Dec 15, 2021, 8:45 am

Programs: AS Million Miler/Marriott Lifetime Titanium/ IGH Ambassador
Originally Posted by UAPremierGuy
Staying here currently. FWIW, valet service has returned and the bar next to the pool is scheduled to open on Thursday. There are 2 servers attending to the pool area, now, so drinks are decently flowing (though expensive). Service doesn't appear to begin until noon each day.

Pretty much the same scenario throughout the islands good news is one day we will get back to some form of normalcy.
Old Jan 1, 2022, 3:13 pm

Programs: DL Diamond, UA Silver, IHG Platinum, One Man Street Fair in my spare time
Happy new year! Have been here since December 27. Heavy rains yesterday and today. Property seems much quieter. I am doing a walk-through of one of the penthouse suites later today and will post photos. (I am giving a suite stay visit to my brother and his wife for their anniversary later this year.)
Old Jan 1, 2022, 7:46 pm

Programs: DL Diamond, UA Silver, IHG Platinum, One Man Street Fair in my spare time
Penthouse Suite 3905, Ewa Tower

While the look is fairly dated, I found it charming. There is a lot of open space, but it will work well for my family‘s needs later this year.

Looking to the right and then the left upon entry.

Then on to the master bedroom with en suite full bath and en suite terrace. This is a one bedroom suite. Guests have the option of adding in a Murphy style additional bed. The sofa does not have a convertible bed inside of it.

Last edited by ebayj; Jan 1, 2022 at 7:59 pm
Old Jan 1, 2022, 7:50 pm

Additional views and perspectives. There are three terraces in total.

There is also a half bath off of the living room.

There are Penthouse Suites in both the Diamond Head and Ewa towers.
Old Jan 1, 2022, 8:27 pm
formerly wchinchen

Programs: AA CK, UA 1K, Hyatt Globalist
Originally Posted by ebayj
Happy new year! Have been here since December 27. Heavy rains yesterday and today. Property seems much quieter. I am doing a walk-through of one of the penthouse suites later today and will post photos. (I am giving a suite stay visit to my brother and his wife for their anniversary later this year.)
Thanks for posting the photos of this property, and it has been constant rainy weather on Oahu.

Do you feel that the website suites/room photos make it look way more modern than it is? That penthouse suite is a flashback in time.
ebayj likes this.
Old Jan 1, 2022, 9:07 pm

HaleiwaFlyer Yes, I do. My guess is that is part of why there are few shots from the Penthouse floor-plans. Having said that, I think this will be lovely and retro cool for my brother and sister-in-law. They will really enjoy it.
Old Jan 2, 2022, 7:10 am

Programs: BAEC Gold, AA PPro, Hyatt Globalist, Amex Plat
Originally Posted by HaleiwaFlyer
<snip>Do you feel that the website suites/room photos make it look way more modern than it is? That penthouse suite is a flashback in time.
LOL! My first thought when I looked at these pictures was, that looks like the HI I left when I moved back to the mainland in 1993!

Regards
ebayj and edgewood49 like this.
Old Jan 2, 2022, 8:47 pm

Here is a good summary of Penthouse Suite 3910 on the same floor (this is from few years ago):

https://pointsfromthepacific.boardin...gency-waikiki/
Old Jan 6, 2022, 9:45 am

Programs: United 1K 1MM; Alaska MVP100K; WOH Globalist; Bonvoy LT Platinum; HH Gold
Just finished a stay. The RC morning offering has mostly returned to pre-pandemic levels. There's miso soup, rice, cold cut platter, hard boiled eggs, cheese platter, cereal and salad. Fruit and pastries are no longer pre-packaged. There are two hot items that change daily are now self serve. The oatmeal is now individual containers that you make by adding hot water. PM offering hasn't changed much. It is a soup, a hot dish and salad. All items are now self serve. They did install a new water machine that does still and carbonated water. You can also add various fruit flavorings to it.
Old Jan 6, 2022, 10:48 am
Original Member

Programs: Hyatt Courtesy card. Delta 2MM Diamond. AA platinum pro
I’m finishing a stay now. For the breakfasts- which are quite good- what is missing are breads and smoked salmon. During the holiday peak- because of limited space in the RC- they were allowing takeout boxes from Shor. For breakfast. It’s great to see almost all the old RC staff.
Old Jan 6, 2022, 11:38 am

Programs: United 1K 1MM; Alaska MVP100K; WOH Globalist; Bonvoy LT Platinum; HH Gold
Originally Posted by mmgm
It’s great to see almost all the old RC staff.
It was great to see all the RC staff. Satomi sadly left shortly after shut down. Nicole transferred to valet/bell desk but does pickup hours in RC.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.