Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Hotels and Places to Stay > Hyatt | World of Hyatt
Reload this Page >

Hyatt Regency Waikiki Beach Resort and Spa REVIEW - MASTER THREAD

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Hyatt Regency Waikiki Beach Resort and Spa REVIEW - MASTER THREAD

Search this Thread

Old Jun 24, 2021, 10:09 am

Programs: AS Million Miler/Marriott Lifetime Titanium/ IGH Ambassador
Originally Posted by Mary2e
from the best I know now, the concierges have not been told to return to work. So that means no club.
Since they are union then they're assigned to other duties, yes?
Old Jun 24, 2021, 10:18 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist, Ambassador: World of Hyatt

Programs: Hyatt Globalist, Fairmont Lifetime Plat, UA Silver, dirt elsewhere
No, they are collecting unemployment.
Old Jun 26, 2021, 4:01 pm

No, they are collecting unemployment.
Rather than launch into a response on that one, I wonder how many of the long time employees after the unemployment runs out will choose to retire? And I for one wouldn't blame them,
bbbb likes this.
Old Jun 27, 2021, 2:18 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist, Ambassador: World of Hyatt

Programs: Hyatt Globalist, Fairmont Lifetime Plat, UA Silver, dirt elsewhere
Originally Posted by edgewood49
Rather than launch into a response on that one, I wonder how many of the long time employees after the unemployment runs out will choose to retire? And I for one wouldn't blame them,
I haven't heard of any. All I have heard is that one found a position elsewhere.
Old Jun 28, 2021, 7:49 am

I haven't heard of any. All I have heard is that one found a position elsewhere.
Didn't Barbara retire? I am sure given the number of years I have been visiting there are a number getting close.
Old Jun 28, 2021, 10:58 am

Programs: Hyatt Lifetime Diamond, Delta Platinum Medallion, Hilton Gold,Starwood Preferred, United, AA
Yes Barbara has retired.
Old Jun 28, 2021, 2:58 pm

Originally Posted by diamond_46
Yes Barbara has retired.
Thats what I thought there will be more coming as the "old guard" changes,
Old Jun 29, 2021, 10:21 am
Marriott Contributor BadgeWyndham Contributor Badge

Programs: Hertz PC, Hilton DMD, IHG Spire Amb, Bonvoy Titanium Elite & WoH Globalist
Happy to report that the matter discussed above is resolved to my satisfaction. Great follow up and save by the Rooms Director who initiated a follow up email with an apology after my feedback and asked for my telephone number to discuss the matter at hand. Got a call yesterday from the said manager who was apologetic again after I outlined Globalist expectations and the mishaps encountered. He agreed and promised more training and communication with the staff and was gracious enough when he offered to refund one night (20K Points) as a good will gesture. Points posted this morning ....

from the best I know now, the concierges have not been told to return to work. So that means no club.
We also discussed this, why the RC Club is closed. I told him about our 3 stays in December 2020 - January 2021 (during the pandemic before the vaccine) at the HR BKK where the occupancy rate was under 10 rooms (NOT 10%) and yet they opened the lounge when we checked in and the breakfast was spectacular - we really felt what Hyatt meant by Globalist. Some detractors might say "well you cannot compare Asian with US properties" But why not, same brand (HR) and the same program (WoH)!
Mary2e, mcgahat and ryandc99 like this.
Old Jun 29, 2021, 2:26 pm

Originally Posted by diamond_46
Yes Barbara has retired.
So happy for Barbara. Will miss her at the pool bar. Hopefully Hyatt Corp makes Barbara Courtesy Card emerita for such outstanding achievement.
Old Jun 30, 2021, 7:00 am

Originally Posted by Kalboz
Happy to report that the matter discussed above is resolved to my satisfaction. Great follow up and save by the Rooms Director who initiated a follow up email with an apology after my feedback and asked for my telephone number to discuss the matter at hand. Got a call yesterday from the said manager who was apologetic again after I outlined Globalist expectations and the mishaps encountered. He agreed and promised more training and communication with the staff and was gracious enough when he offered to refund one night (20K Points) as a good will gesture. Points posted this morning ....

We also discussed this, why the RC Club is closed. I told him about our 3 stays in December 2020 - January 2021 (during the pandemic before the vaccine) at the HR BKK where the occupancy rate was under 10 rooms (NOT 10%) and yet they opened the lounge when we checked in and the breakfast was spectacular - we really felt what Hyatt meant by Globalist. Some detractors might say "well you cannot compare Asian with US properties" But why not, same brand (HR) and the same program (WoH)!

International Hyatt Hotels operate like you would expect not as they do in the US, Same goes for Marriott,
Old Jul 13, 2021, 10:28 am

Programs: Hyatt LT Globalist, Marriot LT Titanium, UA 2.4MM, HH Gold, AS MVPG
On property at the moment and I was told the RC would reopen on 7/24.
Old Jul 13, 2021, 1:24 pm

Originally Posted by SF1K
Wonder how it will "look" when it opens
Old Jul 13, 2021, 5:19 pm

Programs: UA 1K, Hyatt Globalist
Originally Posted by SF1K
Good news for Globalists, or at least for me. I was there over the Fourth of July weekend, and breakfast at the main restaurant was a madhouse, even when I did to-go from the buffet. I would have happily traded off a smaller breakfast selection for a (hopefully) much calmer breakfast environment, not to mention the other benefits that come with the club (evening drinks and appetizers, and at other times a lounge space for relaxing that isn't your room).
Old Jul 22, 2021, 5:54 pm

I booked a stay a while back that will be starting in two days. I'm an Explorist with multiple club upgrade certificates. When I first made the reservation, the agent was not able to use a club upgrade on my reservation because the club was closed. Based on SF1K's post, I just called WOH and requested to use the certificate. The agent said she had to check if they had those awards available and confirmed they did so she said she applied it to my reservation. Prior to that, I had e-mailed the hotel directly to ask them to use an upgrade if available. I just got an email back from the hotel that said they are no longer participating in the club access award program and that it was only available if you were a globalist or book into a regency club room. Now I'm worried what will happen at check-in? Will I have a club upgrade that the WOH agent processed or will the hotel deny me?
Old Jul 23, 2021, 8:09 am

Originally Posted by crapz1
I booked a stay a while back that will be starting in two days. I'm an Explorist with multiple club upgrade certificates. When I first made the reservation, the agent was not able to use a club upgrade on my reservation because the club was closed. Based on SF1K's post, I just called WOH and requested to use the certificate. The agent said she had to check if they had those awards available and confirmed they did so she said she applied it to my reservation. Prior to that, I had e-mailed the hotel directly to ask them to use an upgrade if available. I just got an email back from the hotel that said they are no longer participating in the club access award program and that it was only available if you were a globalist or book into a regency club room. Now I'm worried what will happen at check-in? Will I have a club upgrade that the WOH agent processed or will the hotel deny me?
The problem we all have are the various ownership groups/GM's forever changing their participation or shall I say adherence to the Hyatt program and that sucks. When they sign their franchise agreement their agreeing to provide certain levels of service etc. The "flags" are afraid to come down on them too hard for fear of losing the properties / bed counts.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.