Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Hotels and Places to Stay > Hyatt | World of Hyatt
Reload this Page >

Now Launching...Earn and Redeem Points at Restaurants and Spas

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Search this Thread

Old Dec 15, 2011, 9:03 am
Company Representative - Gold Passport by Hyatt
Original Poster

Dear FlyerTalkers,

I am excited to provide you a heads-up on great new Hyatt Gold Passport benefits that we will begin offering in some hotels this month! We have listened to many of your comments regarding earning and redeeming Hyatt Gold Passport points in our restaurants and spas. Great news…this is becoming a reality!

Over the course of the next several months, we are rolling out the following earning and redemption opportunities:

- Earning points on food & beverage and spa services while not a registered guest
- Redeeming points for food & beverage and spa services while a registered or non-registered guest

So when can you start earning points for a business dinner at Park Hyatt Chicago’s Nomi restaurant or redeem for a spa treatment at the Grand Hyatt Bali’s Kriya Spa? Patience. Our pilot hotels will launch this month, and we will continue the rollout hotel-by-hotel globally through August 2012.

Visit Hyatt.com/diningandspa which will be updated on an ongoing basis with participating hotels, so check back every few weeks to see if your favorite destinations have been added. When you have the opportunity to experience these benefits at one of our properties, please let us know what you think.

Once again, we appreciate your continued support of Hyatt Gold Passport.

Safe travels,

Jeff
Old Dec 15, 2011, 9:08 am

Programs: UA LTG, AA LTG, Bonvoy LTP, IHG Plat, LHW Sterling
Will likely be a poor redemption value… but always good to have another option… I suppose.

Updated after Mary2e post #11... WOW! ... a much, much, much worse redemption value than I expected. Worthless.

Last edited by schriste; Dec 15, 2011 at 7:33 pm
Old Dec 15, 2011, 9:09 am
Suspended

Location: Watchlisted by the prejudiced, en route to purgatory
Programs: Just Say No to Fleecing and Blacklisting
It's a nice thing to have more options for how to use points when the expanded options aren't married with a devaluation of points already acquired.

For non-guests, will the Hyatt points earned from dining and health club/spa charges when not staying at the hotel count toward lifetime Diamond status base points?
Old Dec 15, 2011, 12:42 pm

Programs: United 1k | Hyatt Diamond?, Marriott Platinum (Lifetime) | IHG Platinum | Avis Chairman
The redemption value is always a question. However, as someone who frequents a number of Hyatts for meals and entertaining even when I am not staying, the opportunity to earn points is great. Hopefully the earn is at a decent rate too...
Old Dec 15, 2011, 12:53 pm

Programs: status-less.
I can't seem to load the hyatt.com/diningandspa page yet, but they've posted some Q&A here.

Indications from that page are that the earn is 5HGP/$ but the redemption rate is not specified. They do say points earned are base.
Old Dec 15, 2011, 1:22 pm

It is only fitting that 2011--also known as the year Hyatt Gold Passport severely dropped in quality--ends with such a whimper of a "promo".

Please bring back FFN.
Old Dec 15, 2011, 1:49 pm

Programs: Delta Silver, United 2P, SQ, SPG Plat, PC Plat AMB, Hyatt Dia, Hilton Gold, Accor Plat
Jeff thanks for the good news. Always pleased to know its getting even easier to earn GP points.
Old Dec 15, 2011, 2:08 pm

Programs: UA 2MM, AA 650k, DL 500k, Hyatt GP 1M, HH Gold, Rad. Gold, CP Gold, Miracle Fruit-su Club
To Mr. Zidell: This is an enhancement. Thank you.

To loyal Gold Passport members: Before they publicize it, what would you think is a reasonable redemption ratio? Different if you're a guest or a non-guest?

I remember, a long time ago, receiving a copy of an NCR paper ticket to obtain points for dining as a non-guest - sometimes being directed to take it to the front desk - but the points never came through. Very good that they're beta testing it first.

Last edited by Firewind; Dec 15, 2011 at 2:15 pm
Old Dec 15, 2011, 2:24 pm
No longer used by Hyatt; use World of Hyatt Concierge

Updated Link

We apologize if you have had trouble with the link that we posted. We hope to have it fixed within the next few hours. In the meantime, please click here to be directed to the site.
Old Dec 15, 2011, 2:36 pm

Originally Posted by Firewind
To Mr. Zidell: This is an enhancement. Thank you.

To loyal Gold Passport members: Before they publicize it, what would you think is a reasonable redemption ratio? Different if you're a guest or a non-guest?
Yes, thanks for another addition to the GP program. It's always nice to have options.

To answer the question, well I'm not sure what a reasonable redemption ratio would be, but I would like for it to be the same regardless of a guest/non-guest. If someone has enough points to redeem, then they obviously stay at Hyatts "enough" that they shouldn't be penalized for not being a guest at the time of redemption.
Old Dec 15, 2011, 3:08 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist, Ambassador: World of Hyatt

Programs: Hyatt Globalist, Fairmont Lifetime Plat, UA Silver, dirt elsewhere
I went to the updated link, and the redemption rate is .005 per point.

Sorry, but this is no benefit, and probably one of the worst redemption values I've seen anywhere.
Old Dec 15, 2011, 3:12 pm

Programs: UA 2MM, AA 650k, DL 500k, Hyatt GP 1M, HH Gold, Rad. Gold, CP Gold, Miracle Fruit-su Club
Originally Posted by Gold Passport Concierge
We apologize if you have had trouble with the link that we posted. We hope to have it fixed within the next few hours. In the meantime, please click here to be directed to the site.
Thanks Gold Passport Concierge.

It's a needless digression, but I often wonder what the people who sign up the URL are thinking. Really?! (Was that a forehead smack?)
Old Dec 15, 2011, 3:16 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Most
Originally Posted by Firewind
It's a needless digression, but I often wonder what the people who sign up the URL are thinking. Really?!
Exactly what they at the corporate think that these points are - a ponzi scheme?

hyatt.com/gp/en/offers/ponzi-promo.jsp
Old Dec 15, 2011, 3:19 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Most
Originally Posted by Mary2e
At the lowest level yes. At least the SPG values their point around at 1.25 cents for instant awards.
Old Dec 15, 2011, 3:25 pm

Programs: AA, WN, Hyatt, Club Carlson, HHonors, MRewards, CET, M Life
Originally Posted by Mary2e

Sorry, but this is no benefit, and probably one of the worst redemption values I've seen anywhere.
This means that the Diamond amenity is only worth $5!

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.