Community
Wiki Posts
Search

DFW Overnight

Search this Thread

Old Dec 23, 2012, 6:17 pm
Moderator: Luxury Hotels and FlyerTalk Evangelist

I would always choose the GH over the HR. I have stayed at both.

OP, in the future when you are looking for info about a specific hotel, try this sticky at the top of the forum -- it almost always works better than search for me;

http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/showt...ferrerid=14479
Old Dec 23, 2012, 6:36 pm

Hyatt Regency is acceptable to me but the Grand Hyatt is quite a bit nicer and more modern.
Old Dec 23, 2012, 7:25 pm

Location: USA & UK -- AA EXP 3.5MM, Hyatt Diamond, SPG Plat, Avis President's Club
I stay at the DFW HR about once a month, including just two nights ago. I have never stayed at the DFW GH.

HR has a shuttle which runs every 20 minutes. You could "in theory" walk from Terminal C but you'd have to navigate up and down steps. However the walking path is clearly marked.

HR DFW's breakfast is wonderful.

One unique thing I like about the HR DFW is their museum of Texas Businesses on the basement floor. Just about every major business or businessperson in Texas is immortalized on a wall somewhere in the basement of the building.
Old Dec 23, 2012, 9:15 pm

Programs: AA Exec Plat, Hyatt,Marriott,BA,AS
The Grand is a spectacular hotel. I've stayed at the HR before. There simply is NO comparison. If you are a Diamond, the breakfast at the Grand is no simple buffet with scrambled eggs - it is a "choose an entree from the regular menu + juice and coffee, and their breakfast menu is scrumptious. Service is terrific.

Look at the reviews posted here for this property - you won't be disappointed.
Old Dec 24, 2012, 5:25 am

Thanks for the replies. I know one is more than the other but it is only $50 difference for one night over Memorial Day weekend. I was looking ar ease of getting in and out. Kind of sucks that for the Regency that one has to take a shuttle bus. Either way, I'm still going to have to grab my bags anyhow.

Thanks for the advice on the searches. I never have any luck putting words or phrases together to find what I want. I've tried other advice that I have received but it never works.
Old Dec 24, 2012, 9:58 pm

Programs: AC*SE, AA Plat, SPG Plat, HH Diamond, PC Plat Ambassador, Hyatt Diamond, Fairmont Plat
I have stayed at both hotels on multiple occasions. Aside from the price difference and shuttle already mentioned, the other difference is that the Grand is a world class hotel and the Regency is a pretty good business class hotel but not on the same playing field. The staff, hard product and food are all significantly better at the Grand. In fact, it is one of my favourite business class hotels in the United States.

As an extra bonus, the free breakfast afforded to Diamond members includes room service. On many occasions I have ordered a delicious cooked-to-order breakfast at 5:30 am (before the hotel restaurant opens) prior to catching an early morning flight. 5 star service indeed.

SG

Last edited by Snow Goose; Dec 24, 2012 at 10:03 pm
Old Dec 25, 2012, 8:00 pm

Location: USA & UK -- AA EXP 3.5MM, Hyatt Diamond, SPG Plat, Avis President's Club
So for $50 more you get the Grand Hyatt (just outside security at terminal D, better breakfast) instead of the Hyatt Regency (hotel shuttle runs from all terminals every 20 minutes, great breakfast but not quite as nice as the GH).

I suppose it all depends on what other uses you can find for your $50.
Old Dec 25, 2012, 10:46 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Hilton Contributor BadgeMarriott Contributor Badge

Programs: HH Diamond, Marriott LTPP/Platinum Premier, Hyatt Lame-ist, UA !K
Some part of which property to stay at may include both what time your flight is at as well as which airline. Clearly if you're departing early and flying on AA, you'll be that much closer in the GH. However, if you have some flexibility in the morning and are departing out of one of the other terminals, HR at a lower cost may work well.

David
Old Dec 26, 2012, 6:16 am

$50 doesn't make much of a difference to me. It is just a part of traveling. I just like to compare apples to apples when looking for a response. That's why I always say "if they are the same price". Some folks I know won't spend the extra $50 for one night. Heck, they would travel 5 miles off site to save $10 a night. LOL
Old Jan 27, 2013, 8:12 pm

Programs: AA (EP), Hilton (Diamond), Marriott Bonvoy (Titanium)
Which DFW Hyatt has a better (longer) pool?

Do you think I could get free breakfast as a Hyatt Platinum at either?
Old Jan 27, 2013, 11:40 pm

Originally Posted by anabolism
Which DFW Hyatt has a better (longer) pool?

Do you think I could get free breakfast as a Hyatt Platinum at either?
The GH has the longer pool IMO.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.