Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Hotels and Places to Stay > Hyatt | World of Hyatt
Reload this Page >

Churchill or Andaz LS for Suite Upgrade?

Old Nov 6, 11, 8:02 am
Original Poster

Programs: AA EXP, UA*G, HH Dia, MR Platinum, IHG Amb/Plat, Hyatt Exp

We plan to burn a Hyatt Chase card Diamond signup bonus providing 2 free nights in a suite. In London, is the Andaz or Churchill a better bet? Both have availability for our nights, which are just after New Year.

Thanks....
Old Nov 6, 11, 9:46 am
Moderator: Luxury Hotels and FlyerTalk Evangelist

I have only stayed at the Andaz once but was eventually upgraded to a suite there. They must have some good suites, but the one I got was pretty strangely laid out -- two rooms around a corner connected by a door through a short diagonal wall.

Based on that experience, I'd pick the Churchill in a flash, where I've always enjoyed the suites.

Better yet, change your plans to go to Paris and stay at the PH Vendome!
Old Nov 6, 11, 10:36 am

so though i'm a big fan of the andaz.... i'd have to say the churchill - unless you can get confirmed into one of the larger suites at the andaz (202 and 302 are very nice indeed - sprawling, high-celinged rooms with nespresso machines and upgraded everything). however, some of the andaz suites are rather small and/or oddly laid out - i generally prefer the large king rooms to those entry-level suites. so the best use of those free-suite certificates is probably the churchill, where the suite is a definite step up from the club room you'd get on a points/paid night.
Old Nov 6, 11, 8:27 pm

I used my Hyatt Visa suite nights at the Churchill last year and then used a suite upgrade a few weeks ago for Andaz so have experienced both.

At the Churchill I needed a connecting room for the kids so we actually got one of the corner suites which I have to say was very nice indeed. Basically the corner suite had 2 bathrooms (a smaller guest bathroom which included a shower, no tub and a great master bath with large tub, double sinks and seperate shower). Seperate lounge and sliding doors dividing the bedroom. I was at the Churchill a couple of weeks ago and also got a complimentary suite upgrade to one of the newer suites on 9 and again it was great including a roof top balacony, with two bathrooms although this time the smaller bathroom didn't include a shower just WC and vanity. - pity I was there for less than 24hrs.

At andaz I got one of the larger suites (they made a point of saying I had been upgraded from regular suite). It was a one large room with high ceilings, lots of windows but bathroom was a bit of a let down basically small and just the tub with no seperate shower stall (some of the large king rooms I have stayed in have a larger/better bathrooms). As noted the room was one large space with sofa that comfortably sat 3 people, 2 chairs and large bookcase/TV unit which was the divider between the bedroom and the living room. Was a good setup but would on balance say that I prefer the Churchill setup over Andaz.

HTH
Old Nov 7, 11, 7:48 am

Programs: AA3MMEXP, BAGold, UA1MMPremGold, Marriott PlatPremAmb, AccorPlat, HHGold, IC PlatAmb, HyattExplorist
I agree with the above recommendations. Suites at the Andaz can be very strange--Churchill's are far more consistent.