Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Hotels and Places to Stay > Hyatt | World of Hyatt
Reload this Page >

Hyatt Regency Dar es Salaam, The Kilimanjaro in Tanzania, East Africa

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Search this Thread

Old Aug 12, 2011, 8:26 am
No longer used by Hyatt; use World of Hyatt Concierge
Original Poster

Hyatt Regency Dar es Salaam, The Kilimanjaro in Tanzania, East Africa is now OPEN as of August 11th, 2011. This is Hyatt’s first branded hotel in this region of Africa.

Located in East Africa, just south of the equator along the Indian Ocean, the hotel is situated in the heart of the city of Dar es Salaam along Kivukoni Street; this hotel has panoramic views of both the harbour and the city which is home to the country’s largest sea port. Dar es Salaam is the economic and commercial hub of Tanzania. Originally built in 1965, the hotel underwent an extensive renovation in 2005 and was operated by Kempinski until 2011. Hyatt Regency Dar es Salaam combines contemporary elegance with warm African hospitality. For more information on this hotel, please contact us.

Sincerely,

Nick B.
Old Aug 12, 2011, 12:34 pm

Programs: Hyatt Globalist, American Air, National Car
http://daressalaam.kilimanjaro.hyatt...xtCorporateId=

Nice, what points award category is it in ? I couldn't find any open gold passport nights
Old Aug 12, 2011, 1:09 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Most
Apparently a reflag from Hotel Kempinski.
Old Aug 12, 2011, 2:01 pm
Moderator: Luxury Hotels and FlyerTalk Evangelist

Too bad it's in Dar instead of Arusha, where the game drives and the Kilimanjaro treks start and end! Ah, well, it's a beginning.
Old Sep 1, 2011, 7:59 am

Does anyone know when you can begin to book this hotel through the hyatt website?
Old Sep 1, 2011, 8:44 am

Programs: SAS EuroBonus, Hyatt GoldPassport, HHonors, SPG, Diners Club
Great news. Good to see Hyatt expand outside of the US. Too bad for me that I have already been to Dar Es Salaam, as I have no intentions of returning. Not an interesting place for tourists.

Please bring more Hyatts to Europe. What about a first in Scandinavia? Rome?
Old Sep 1, 2011, 1:20 pm

Programs: Hyatt Diamond, Hilton Gold, Starwood Gold
I would love to go back as we celebrated my husbands birthday at the rooftop restaurant in 1995. We worked there for 3 years and enjoyed the amazing coastline in our little sailboat. Zanzibar is only a short hydrofoil boat ride away. After working in 8 countries I look back on Tanzania as a facinating country.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.