Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Hotels and Places to Stay > Hyatt | World of Hyatt
Reload this Page >

Hyatt London do: Autumn 2012 (sponsored) - Oct 25-28, 2012

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Hyatt London do: Autumn 2012 (sponsored) - Oct 25-28, 2012

Search this Thread

Old Dec 27, 2011, 3:13 pm
Original Member

Programs: UA 1K/1MM, AA EXP, Marriott LT Titanium, Hyatt Globalist, IHG Plat Amb
Question - if there are 2 of us, who would registered for the bonus? Only the registered guest or both of us?
Old Dec 27, 2011, 3:45 pm
Original Poster

Programs: Virtuoso, Marriott Stars/Luminous, Hilton Impresario, IHG Luxury & Lifestyle, Hyatt Prive etc
Originally Posted by PTahCha
Question - if there are 2 of us, who would registered for the bonus? Only the registered guest or both of us?
Only registered guest would qualify for offers. However, you could stay 4 nights and have 2 nights in each name to both qualify. There is minimum stay of 2 paid nights to qualify though.
Old Dec 27, 2011, 6:25 pm
Moderator: GLBT Travelers & Hyatt Gold Passport

Originally Posted by price123
There is minimum stay of 2 paid nights to qualify though.
The minimum is just for the bonuses (points / suite upgrades / Diamond challenge) right? Not for participation in the events. I'm sure you're about to update but for me it's peteropny + 1. Thanks!!!
Old Dec 28, 2011, 2:17 am
Original Poster

Programs: Virtuoso, Marriott Stars/Luminous, Hilton Impresario, IHG Luxury & Lifestyle, Hyatt Prive etc
Originally Posted by peteropny
The minimum is just for the bonuses (points / suite upgrades / Diamond challenge) right? Not for participation in the events. I'm sure you're about to update but for me it's peteropny + 1. Thanks!!!
At present I am saying minimum 2 paid nights for everything. The room rate negotiated is based on 40 paid rooms. As there is a limit of 40 people at Virgin, this means that I can't accommodate people staying only on points. As some people will not attend Virgin, we should hit 40 rooms or there enough (depending on double occupancy).
Old Dec 28, 2011, 3:37 am

At present I am saying minimum 2 paid nights for everything. The room rate negotiated is based on 40 paid rooms. As there is a limit of 40 people at Virgin, this means that I can't accommodate people staying only on points. As some people will not attend Virgin, we should hit 40 rooms or there enough (depending on double occupancy).
Thanks - I'll go on that basis for now - if you change and open the events up to people who are staying there on points, please let me know - not sure which way I'd go right now.
Old Dec 28, 2011, 6:20 am

Programs: UA 2MM, AA 650k, DL 500k, Hyatt GP 1M, HH Gold, Rad. Gold, CP Gold, Miracle Fruit-su Club
Red face

1) Thanks, price123! Please put me down as coming. If...

2) I hate to be a problem with trivia, but I can't crack 306.67 GBP, no matter what door I try to enter with the code -- which does pre-populate when using the link you provide. (I'm sorry, I've been at your end a million times.)

3) Any chance that the Andaz might buy into this for more rooms if we should quickly burst it at the seams, or is that too complicated? (Maybe not all of us will go out to Gatwick.) I know that they've been approached by a few of us asking if they would do a DO, even before your initiative. And I know that it's at the other end of London.
Old Dec 28, 2011, 6:32 am

Programs: UA 2MM, AA 650k, DL 500k, Hyatt GP 1M, HH Gold, Rad. Gold, CP Gold, Miracle Fruit-su Club
Scorrre!

4) I'm in.

5) Apologies for ringing the bell.

6) ...Where did I leave my coat?
Old Dec 28, 2011, 9:30 am
Original Poster

Originally Posted by Firewind
1) Thanks, price123! Please put me down as coming.

3) Any chance that the Andaz might buy into this for more rooms if we should quickly burst it at the seams, or is that too complicated? (Maybe not all of us will go out to Gatwick.) I know that they've been approached by a few of us asking if they would do a DO, even before your initiative. And I know that it's at the other end of London.
Great that you are coming. Are you attending with a partner and if so will they attend events. Also, which nights and events are you planning to attend?

The Churchill are happy to provide extra rooms (up to 80 last time I asked). However, there are only 40 places at Gatwick, and the funding I have for dinner from AMEX is enough for a really great meal for 40-50, but not for more unless we pay for drinks.
Old Dec 28, 2011, 9:45 am
Original Poster

We are thinking of booking a table at 4030 (at the top of the Gherkin) for the Friday night. 4030 is a private members restaurant, but can usually be booked through AMEX platinum concierge. If anyone would like to come with us, let us know and we can book a table for 4-6 people. I think around £50-60 ahead covers food and drink, as long as you drink from the lower end of the winelist.
Old Dec 30, 2011, 12:43 am

Gold Passport staff:

Is the Gold Passport offer materially different from the one that accompanied the recent DO hosted by Star Alliance? I didn't participate in that one, and my memory of what was offered in FlyerTalk isn't good, but was Diamond conferred for the coming year for participating? I'm keying on peteropny's comment @10 in tinkybell's thread about Hyatt losing elites due to lack of promos in 2011:

...if not for Hyatt's generosity with granting / extending Diamonds to all on the Star MegaDo3...
This isn't to put price123 on the spot - or Peter - and it might be better if you don't reply. You're doing herculean work for this. But I'm thinking that the Star MegaDo3 wasn't hosted by Hyatt - there will be far fewer of us at this one - and the outlay to attend is going to be ~ 2,500USD (I know it's not all to Hyatt) - maybe if Gold Passport staff are watching this thread, they might be encouraged to compare and contrast?

Below are details of the promotions Hyatt Gold Passport are offering (terms and conditions to follow):

1) Tiered bonus challenge:
Starting 90-days prior to last day of event in London, registered Hyatt Gold Passport attendees to the event will be entered into a bonus challenge. They will earn 5,000 points after every three eligible nights, up to a total of 18 nights and 30,000 points. They will then have additional tiers they can meet after the 18 nights, as follows:
19-29 nights: 25,000 bonus points
30-49 nights: 50,000 bonus points
50-74 nights: 75,000 bonus points
75-89 nights: 100,000 bonus points

2) Diamond trial membership:
For non-diamond members registered with Gold Passport, a trial diamond membership will be available, starting on the last day of the event and lasting 60 days. To maintain diamond status, they will need to stay 12 nights within those 60 days and this will grant diamond status until February 2014.

3) For existing diamond members:
Members of Gold Passport who are diamond members as of the last day of the event will receive 2 extra guaranteed suite upgrade awards, valid until end February 2013.

Last edited by Firewind; Dec 30, 2011 at 12:48 am
Old Dec 30, 2011, 9:12 am

Programs: DL-Platinum / AS-PlatPro / Hyatt - Glob / Hilton-Diamond
I have booked with the hotel for Thus-Sun (tho may need to change to 2 paid nights and 1 award).
For now, please list as 2 people though it may end up being just myself.

Thx
Steve
Old Dec 30, 2011, 9:42 am

Originally Posted by Firewind
Is the Gold Passport offer materially different from the one that accompanied the recent DO hosted by Star Alliance? I didn't participate in that one, and my memory of what was offered in FlyerTalk isn't good, but was Diamond conferred for the coming year for participating? I'm keying on peteropny's comment @10 in tinkybell's thread about Hyatt losing elites due to lack of promos in 2011:

This isn't to put price123 on the spot - or Peter - and it might be better if you don't reply. You're doing herculean work for this. But I'm thinking that the Star MegaDo3 wasn't hosted by Hyatt - there will be far fewer of us at this one - and the outlay to attend is going to be ~ 2,500USD (I know it's not all to Hyatt) - maybe if Gold Passport staff are watching this thread, they might be encouraged to compare and contrast?
The offer from Hyatt is more like the one world megado next month - kind of a challenge with bonuses. The Star one was outright granting of status and the properties IMO didn't show off the status perks in the best light.

In a way this is probably more comparable to the Andaz LA do in 2009.
Old Dec 31, 2011, 11:32 am

Programs: LX SEN, BA Gfl/GGL, IC Dia, HH Dia, Hyatt LT GLOB
We are thinking of booking a table at 4030 (at the top of the Gherkin) for the Friday night. 4030 is a private members restaurant, but can usually be booked through AMEX platinum concierge. If anyone would like to come with us, let us know and we can book a table for 4-6 people. I think around £50-60 ahead covers food and drink, as long as you drink from the lower end of the winelist.
Great idea, would certainly be intersted in having dinner there.

Happy new year to all of you!
Old Jan 3, 2012, 9:30 pm

Programs: UA *G; Delta Diamond; AA EXP; Marriott LT Plat; Hyatt Globalist
Just booked my nights for the Hyatt Chruchill - stayed there over Thanksgiving and rather enjoyed it. Please add me to your list.
Old Jan 7, 2012, 6:04 am
Original Poster

Just an update about a couple of problems brought up so far:

1) The 24 h cancellation policy stated when booking will be honoured.
2) Shoulder nights are now bookable online at the same rate (24th, 28th, 29th).
3) The rate now shows online, although this is at £276 (i.e. including VAT). I am trying to get this changed to say £230 + VAT, as all confirmation emails come saying that 20% VAT is added. Don't worry - the contract states the rate as £230 + VAT single occupancy and £245+ for double.

With regards to the raffle, I currently have 8 prizes agreed, plus another few lined up, up to a value of over £1300/$2000.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.