Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Hotels and Places to Stay > Hyatt | World of Hyatt
Reload this Page >

Hyatt Regency Tulsa - REVIEW - MASTER THREAD

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Hyatt Regency Tulsa - REVIEW - MASTER THREAD

Search this Thread

Old Aug 13, 2022, 10:18 pm

Stayed for 1 night on 7/6/2022 on a Globalist GoH stay
  • Upgraded to a King club room on the 14th floor
  • Upon check in, received a welcome bag with 2 bottles of water + 2x breakfast vouchers for free entrees at the restaurant. Didn't try the breakfast so no idea if the restaurant is any good
  • Room had 2 additional 1L bottles of water + a few snacks
  • Parking - self-parking is in the garage next door. In/out privileges are controlled via a QR code sent to your phone. There is a covered walkway between the garage and hotel
  • Club - no food when I went but there is a coffee machine, waters, and sodas
  • Room - ok, nice view but comically small TV for the size of the room.
Overall - good hotel in downtown Tulsa. Close to several downtown venues (BOK center and performing arts center) and would return if I was in the area
Old Aug 29, 2022, 8:05 am

Programs: AA EXP, Hyatt Glob, Hilton Diamond, Marriott Titanium, UA *S, BA Fanboy
The review @pillow25 left in July is accurate. Everything is up and running. The hotel is about what you'd expect for a Regency in Tulsa. I'll definitely stay again.

I will add that there seems to be a new breakfast voucher. You get a drink and any item off the menu. It seems they're including gratuity because I wasn't given anything to sign. I would say that the restaurant is actually pretty nice. It's a solid globalist breakfast.

One odd observation... Flyertalk is blocked by the hotel's WiFi. I'm not sure if that's intentional or not, but the hotel is doing fine. They don't have anything to hide.
Old Aug 29, 2022, 9:29 am

Programs: Hyatt Globalist, Hilton Diamond
Originally Posted by Red Raider LV
The review @pillow25 left in July is accurate. Everything is up and running. The hotel is about what you'd expect for a Regency in Tulsa. I'll definitely stay again.

I will add that there seems to be a new breakfast voucher. You get a drink and any item off the menu. It seems they're including gratuity because I wasn't given anything to sign. I would say that the restaurant is actually pretty nice. It's a solid globalist breakfast.

One odd observation... Flyertalk is blocked by the hotel's WiFi. I'm not sure if that's intentional or not, but the hotel is doing fine. They don't have anything to hide.
We stayed around the same time and I’d say it’s not an amazing property, but it’s not lackluster either.

I was a bit upset as when we stayed the breakfast vouchers specifically stated that they did not include gratuity and we were told from the front desk gratuity was on us, despite it being a stated benefit.

One other issue is it looked like it might rain and due to this they pre-maturely closed the pool area which is partially indoors, also as a result of closing it their on site laundry room was closed as it’s in the same are. No rain actually materialized and we actually wanted to use both the pool and laundry room, but we’re told too bad. So that wasn’t very pleasant.

Other than that the lounge was quaint, the room was good, everything else was good/average.
Old Aug 29, 2022, 11:31 am

Programs: AAdvantage ExecPlat, World of Hyatt Globalist, plain "member" of Marriott, IHG, enterprise, etc.
Originally Posted by Red Raider LV

Had the same thing happen at HR Greenville (SC). Wonder who hurt them!
beltway likes this.
Old Nov 13, 2022, 9:04 pm

Update 11/12/22 -

Their WiFi now allows FT!

We were welcomed back with a card and some snacks in the room.

Globalist Breakfast is good and gratuity is now included whereas it wasn’t before.

Lounge is okay, it’s rather small and no real food but a decent amount of snacks and non-alcoholic drinks.

Here’s what was in our room upon arrival -

Definitely a nice touch for returning Globalists.

Not sure if there’s a lot of Globalists or people using Club Lounge Certs here but I did note a good amount of people coming out of rooms on the Club Floor.
Old May 30, 2023, 10:40 am

Looking for updates - staying here as an Explorist and was thinking to apply Club lounge access certificate to the stay (I have plenty and they are not very usable....) Does the Club access means they will give us vouches for breakfast (that is usually served in the lounge but not based on reviews above)? I am not a Globalist so breakfast is not automatically free for me, but would be nice to have via a Club award.
Old May 30, 2023, 10:52 am

Originally Posted by Nyurka
Looking for updates - staying here as an Explorist and was thinking to apply Club lounge access certificate to the stay (I have plenty and they are not very usable....) Does the Club access means they will give us vouches for breakfast (that is usually served in the lounge but not based on reviews above)? I am not a Globalist so breakfast is not automatically free for me, but would be nice to have via a Club award.
You will never get breakfast vouchers when using a Club award.

The Club here is decent there’s a coffee/latte machine, snacks, drinks, TV a place to relax. If you won’t use them all anyways why not.
Exiled in Express likes this.
Old Jun 1, 2023, 8:07 am

Originally Posted by Nyurka
I received two vouchers for breakfast in the restaurant when P2 and I stayed there on points in December. As an Explorist, I wasn’t entitled to any breakfast benefit, so I was pleased & surprised to have them.

Note: this was one voucher per room occupant once only, not once/day. Also, no guarantee you’ll get the same; maintain low expectations & you’ll never be disappointed.
Old Jun 1, 2023, 9:51 pm

Originally Posted by beltway
I received two vouchers for breakfast in the restaurant when P2 and I stayed there on points in December. As an Explorist, I wasn’t entitled to any breakfast benefit, so I was pleased & surprised to have them.

Note: this was one voucher per room occupant once only, not once/day. Also, no guarantee you’ll get the same; maintain low expectations & you’ll never be disappointed.
I feel like this property is very liberal with their breakfast vouchers I have 4 still with me from previous trips that went unused.

On our first trip Gratuity wasn’t included even for Globalists which violated Hyatt’s T&C. I sucked it up and paid it on my folio at checkout, but made sure to notify my Concierge thanks to that Gratuity is now included for everyone with the vouchers.

It’s not an amazing or even great lounge, but it’s definitely good in comparison to the dozen other Hyatt Regency properties I frequent with no lounges.
Warriorconcept likes this.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.