Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Hotels and Places to Stay > Hyatt | World of Hyatt
Reload this Page >

2 PM checkout standard for Diamonds?

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

2 PM checkout standard for Diamonds?

Search this Thread

Old Dec 8, 2010, 7:12 pm
Original Member
Original Poster

Programs: Hyatt Courtesy card. Delta 2MM Diamond. AA platinum pro
Thumbs up 2 PM checkout standard for Diamonds?

My last 3 stays at different Hyatts I have been asked at checkin if I wanted a 2pm checkout. This is new for me. I have not seen this as a Diamond benefit. But I certainly like it if it has been added.
Old Dec 8, 2010, 7:19 pm

Programs: Hyatt Globalist Hilton Diamond
I have been getting this all the time lately and Im at Plat right now on my way to Dia. been getting this at HP and HR'S

It is nice though
Old Dec 8, 2010, 7:25 pm
Moderator: GLBT Travelers & Hyatt Gold Passport

They've added this to the T&Cs on an "if available" basis for a 2 PM checkout - which isn't as good as SPG's 4 PM "guaranteed - if there isn't an extraordinary event" - but is a lot better than before where it was really hard to get a late checkout from a Hyatt property.

Since the change, I've been proactively offerred a 2 PM checkout pretty often.
Old Dec 8, 2010, 7:29 pm

Programs: Accor Plat,SGP plat, Hyatt Dia, PC Plat, QF Plat, SG TPP, TG Gold
I have never been asked if I would like a 2.00pm check-out. I have been asked if an 11.00am check-out is ok and if I say I would prefer 2,00pm there has not been any difficulty ( at leat in recent times).

Originally Posted by mmgm
My last 3 stays at different Hyatts I have been asked at checkin if I wanted a 2pm checkout. This is new for me. I have not seen this as a Diamond benefit. But I certainly like it if it has been added.
Old Dec 8, 2010, 8:37 pm

Programs: AA LT Gold, Hyatt Diamond, HH Gold, SPG Gold, PC Plat Ambassador
I was able to get a 3:00 checkout today at the PH Chicago - and it ended up being more like 3:30 by the time I checked out, as I called the hotel from the Sephora on State St. to tell them that I was running late and wouldn't make my 3 p.m. checkout!! Excellent and accomodating service. ^
Old Dec 8, 2010, 9:44 pm
Moderator: CommunityBuzz!, OMNI, OMNI/PR, and OMNI/Games & FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UAMM, AAMM & ExPlat, Marriott lifetime Plat, IHG Plat, Hilton Diamond
Originally Posted by peteropny
...which isn't as good as SPG's 4 PM "guaranteed - if there isn't an extraordinary event" - but is a lot better than before ...
+1 on both
Old Dec 9, 2010, 7:28 am
No longer used by Hyatt; use World of Hyatt Concierge

In April of 2009, Gold Passport underwent enhancements to the program, and the 2 pm late check out, subject to availability, was added to the tier benefits.

Nick B.
Old Dec 9, 2010, 8:43 am

Programs: Hertz #1 Gold Five Star, Marriott Platinum, Southwest RR
As a diamond do you experience then being more lenient on late checkout/early check in? I have not been diamond long so don't know what to expect, thanks for the info!
Old Dec 9, 2010, 12:21 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA ExPlat,EX-UA 1K, Hyatt Diamond, SPG Plat,
On several occasions I was able to stay in as late at 6 p.m. for my late flight, I also understand and asked politely if the room is available for that ^
Old Dec 9, 2010, 1:32 pm

Programs: Krisflyer (SQ) Gold Membership, Hyatt Diamond, SPG Platinum, Accor Platinum and Hilton HHonors Gold
Originally Posted by karung99
On several occasions I was able to stay in as late at 6 p.m. for my late flight, I also understand and asked politely if the room is available for that ^
Totally agree. At Hyatt Regency Bellevue, I checked out at 4.30 in the evening. However, it will be good, a frequent traveler like us to ask politely instead of pushing the Front Desk to give us this perks. Happy early Christmas
Old Dec 9, 2010, 2:46 pm
thc

Programs: Hyatt Diamond, AA Platinum
I think this is a great perk too, but honestly, sometimes dealing with 20 "When are you checking out" inquiries from Housekeeping and sometimes having your key not work after 12PM is too much of a hassle for me to partake in a late check out.

Don't get me wrong. When I need it, I'll take it. But if I can live with holding my bags with the bellman and picking them up later, I do that instead.
Old Dec 9, 2010, 10:23 pm

Programs: XP AA, ◊ HGP, PL SPG, 1K UA
I've been told several times that 2pm (when available) is a perk for ALL Hyatt GP members.
Old Dec 10, 2010, 4:56 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AMC MovieWatcher, Giant BonusCard, Petco PALS Card, Silver Diner Blue Plate Club
Originally Posted by thc
But if I can live with holding my bags with the bellman and picking them up later, I do that instead.
Never want to do this if I can avoid it.

* Too many hotels do a poor job of securing and tracking stored items

* I don't generally pack until just prior to heading to airport

* I like to freshen up before travel, and prefer to do so in privacy of a guest room

It's simply preferred, and appreciated when not at the discretion or whim of a desk clerk.
Old Dec 10, 2010, 8:47 am
thc

Programs: Hyatt Diamond, AA Platinum
Originally Posted by gleff
Never want to do this if I can avoid it.

* Too many hotels do a poor job of securing and tracking stored items

* I don't generally pack until just prior to heading to airport

* I like to freshen up before travel, and prefer to do so in privacy of a guest room

It's simply preferred, and appreciated when not at the discretion or whim of a desk clerk.
I just have different travel habits.

* I have not had anything happen to me out of the hundreds of times i've stored bags, and so do not share this concern, but I certainly understand it.

* I always pack the night before.

* I usually am busy until right before I leave for my flight, and so I just need to get my bags and run (for both personal and business travel.)

Last edited by thc; Dec 10, 2010 at 11:29 am
Old Dec 11, 2010, 9:15 am

Programs: Hyatt, Hilton, Marriott // WN, AA, BA, UA, AS // Avis
Checked into the GH Kauai last night, and was immediately offered the 2pm late check-out as a Diamond member (she said this is offered to Diamond members).

My flight on Tuesday to Maui is at 7pm, so I asked if I could get a "super late" check-out of like 4pm; she said that they would be happy to do so if they can, I'd need to call on Tuesday morning and if they dont need the room, it wouldnt be a problem.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.