Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Hotels and Places to Stay > Hyatt | World of Hyatt
Reload this Page >

Hyatt Centric (Escala Lodge) Park City UT REVIEW - MASTER THREAD

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Hyatt Centric (Escala Lodge) Park City UT REVIEW - MASTER THREAD

Search this Thread

Old Mar 19, 2018, 9:38 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by rrez
......Currently Explorist whereby upgrades are subject to availibility and not a program requirement at resorts...
Perhaps they honor current loyalty more than past loyalty. As a Lifetime Globalist, I was upgraded to one bedroom suite this February despite all suites showed sold out for weeks. They had a large conference which booked up most suites during that time. I tried to apply TSU multiple times to no avail yet I was upgraded at check in.
soartoday likes this.
Old Mar 19, 2018, 10:39 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by rrez
For the past 7 years I was always granted a one bedroom upgrade via diamond status or perhaps repeat guest status and upon departure was always asked..."Did we exceed your expectations? Sadly, I no longer hear this phrase at hyatt properties and expect not to hear it at this property as well. Currently Explorist whereby upgrades are subject to availibility and not a program requirement at resorts. That being said, when numerous one bedroom units are availible via third party sites I do tend to feel unappreciated for my continued loyalty to hyatt and this property.
Thats the conclusion after 7 years of upgrades?
Old Feb 22, 2019, 4:25 pm
Suspended
Hyatt 10+ BadgeMarriott 10+ Badge

The bookings are still non refundable.
Old Mar 1, 2019, 8:16 am
Marriott 5+ BadgeHyatt Contributor Badge

Programs: UA 1K, AA EXP; Marriott Amb; Hyatt Globalist; Shangri-la Diamond; IHG SpireAmb; Hilton D; Accor G
So, I see mixed report re:breakfast. Have they added a limit?
Old Mar 1, 2019, 9:00 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by helvetic
So, I see mixed report re:breakfast. Have they added a limit?
A dollar limit? Most is buffet. In any event, given the quality of breakfast I've experienced there, you won't run the risk of over-ordering.

If they'll let you use the credit in the little market, that's the better option. Just be sure to get food only - they generally won't credit non-food items (but bars and crackers and other things work fine, even if they aren't from the coffee bar).

Love the hotel, but breakfast is the weak spot.
Old Sep 1, 2019, 8:38 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UA 1K1.75MM, Hyatt Globalist, abandoned Marriott LTT (RIP SPG), Hertz PC
Originally Posted by RedSun
The bookings are still non refundable.
A follow-up to this question as I'm looking for next spring - are these rates always non-refundable? I don't see a single true flexible rate.
Old Dec 5, 2019, 1:41 pm

Programs: hyatt diamond
Does anyone know if the suites have connecting rooms?
In other words, can I book a suite and a regular connecting room at this hotel?
Old Dec 5, 2019, 2:03 pm

Programs: AA EXP; Marriott Titanium; Globalist
Yes I believe so since I often get a suite and there is a connecting door and I know there is a smaller bedroom adjacent based on the hallway doors. They appear to have designed the overall layout to allow for this being a ski resort and condo so I believe they have the ability to add in the extra bedroom or two.

I have to say that I have not personally booked a suite and connector though.
Old Dec 6, 2019, 1:25 pm

Programs: hyatt diamond
Thanks!
Old Mar 26, 2020, 2:07 am

Programs: Hyatt Globalist, Hilton Diamond
Originally Posted by UA-NYC
A follow-up to this question as I'm looking for next spring - are these rates always non-refundable? I don't see a single true flexible rate.
I just booked here for late June and cancellation policy shows 48 hours (24 for Explorist/Globalist). There were actually no non-flexible rates. That’s one of the reasons I did book here in hopes things are better by then, but if not it’s cancellable.

Has anyone stayed here in 2020? Anything I should know about the property? It must be doing exceedingly well as it was just upgraded to a Category 7.
Old Mar 27, 2020, 11:21 am

Programs: AA EXP; Marriott Titanium; Globalist
I stay 3 to 4 times during the winter season. I typically get upgraded to a suite except when they are really full with conferences. They have a great staff and good managers.
I was there early March just before they closed Park City. Ski in-out is really convenient. I was not happy it went to cat 7 but it does seem popular during Jan to early March. The cancellation policies are a bit challenging but it probably helps them manage the rooms. I book a combination of points during peak season (well in advance) and cash nights on the shoulders. I'm already booked for next season.
Old Aug 8, 2020, 9:53 pm

Any recent/summer stays? Thinking of heading there end of the month - curious what it's like right now...

Thanks!
Old Aug 8, 2020, 9:58 pm

Originally Posted by madderlake
Any recent/summer stays? Thinking of heading there end of the month - curious what it's like right now...

Thanks!
We stayed at HC Park City twice over the summer here’s our take.

Globalist Upgrades - Great

Breakfast - Great

Pool, Jacuzzis, Gym, Steam Room - Open

Resort Fee Can Add Up if you’re not a Globalist so keep that in mind.

The location is beautiful, the staff are amazing, this is definitely one of our favorite properties.

I would Highly Recommend a stay here, especially now with prices fairly low.

If you have any specific questions you wanted answered ask away and I’ll do my best to answer based on our last stays. Our most recent stay was 2 weeks ago.
Old Aug 8, 2020, 10:02 pm

@Matt4200 thank you for the quick reply! And so glad to hear you had a great stay. We are Globalists too so thanks for that reminder.

Did you happen to do any hiking or other outdoor activities? Did you walk to Main St. for meals and such?

Yeah, I couldn't believe my eyes when I saw how cheap the rates are right now so seriously considering it! We'd be driving from So Cal with a stop in St. George potentially. Did you drive or fly in?
Old Aug 8, 2020, 10:18 pm

Originally Posted by madderlake
@Matt4200 thank you for the quick reply! And so glad to hear you had a great stay. We are Globalists too so thanks for that reminder.

Did you happen to do any hiking or other outdoor activities? Did you walk to Main St. for meals and such?

Yeah, I couldn't believe my eyes when I saw how cheap the rates are right now so seriously considering it! We'd be driving from So Cal with a stop in St. George potentially. Did you drive or fly in?
I didn’t want to be too specific in case you were a Member or lower than Globalist as it’d be useless info.

For Globalists on our last 2 Stays they’ve offered in room dining for Breakfast. They can bring you the food or you can pick it up and take it up. I would recommend picking it up as when we had them bring it it charges extra and goes over their predetermined credit amount.

Hiking Yes, we went by Sundance and there was an amazing 1.8 Mile Hike to a beautiful waterfall. Not a high difficulty level, about a mile from the Sundance Resort. It took us about 45 minutes to get in and 45 back out. It doesn’t get dark until around 9pm there so starting at 6pm was no issue for us.

The hotel has an activities desk with a concierge who’s more than happy to help you plan activities. I believe through Wasatch Adventures there’s plenty to do.

For Globalists they typically will upgrade to a beautiful Suite, especially now with low occupancy.

Main Street has great food, great pizza, and Grub Steak House is amazing. If you don’t mind a little trip Bandit’s BBQ has amazing smoked Prime Rib and very reasonably priced (~$25).

They recently reopened the Pool/Spa area with signs for social distancing the circle jacuzzi is amazing it’s huge as well.

First trip we flew, second we drove in. From SoCal it’s a bit of a trek, I’d plan a night in Vegas or if St. George is better go with that. We stayed in Vegas on the way from there it took us about 6 hours to get to Park City.

One thing I would say though is double check your email after leaving to ensure the Eligible Spend matches up with your nightly rate. The last two trips we went it was off about $50-$60. It’s an easy fix just email your concierge, but with the 3x Promo going on it definitely adds up.

I would come back to HC Park City in a heartbeat.

Enjoy your trip!

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.