Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Hotels and Places to Stay > Hyatt | World of Hyatt
Reload this Page >

Speculation on Promos for 2011[FFN etc.]

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Speculation on Promos for 2011[FFN etc.]

Search this Thread

Old Dec 15, 2011, 5:48 pm
Suspended

Programs: Hyatt Globalist, AA EXP, 2 mm, Marriott Gold
The changes to the promos for the Hyatt Gold Gold Passport program were not just a small or moderate change, but more like a major overhaul. I pretty much don't view the program as highly as I did a year ago... I find it has become pretty much boring when it comes to promos., I have scaled back my spending at Hyatt both for pleasure and business.

I don't necessary live for promos but when there was a choice of staying at a semi-dated Hyatt or a beautiful Kimptom Hotel... I would choose Hyatt because of the excitement of the Gold Passport Program.

Stay 3 times get 5,000 points what HOGWASH!

Originally Posted by hobo13
My sentiments exactly. Spin spin spin. Kill Gx bonus. Kill FFN. And then tell us to get excited about breakfast. Yawn.
Old Dec 15, 2011, 6:09 pm

Programs: AA & DL / SPG & HGP
Originally Posted by Radiant Flyer

I consider myself very loyal to Hyatt... but I have to kind of agree. Once I hit 25 stays (for the first time ever, it was actually the required nights level, not stays), I didn't give Hyatt blind loyalty... if there was a nicer or more conveniently located Starwood property, or even another brand maybe, I used it. I would have NEVER done that if Hyatt had a worthy promotion.
Old Dec 15, 2011, 7:23 pm

Programs: UA1k3.00mm;AAex-EXP;Hy Glob;Acc Plt;HH Dia;Onyx Plt;Mar LT Tit;IHG DiAm;RR P;RRA G;BW D;Hcom G
It's amazing how many of us are stopping at exactly 25 stays. I will complete my 25th stay this Saturday night.
Old Dec 15, 2011, 8:51 pm

I didn't stop at 25 (75), as I do enjoy the Diamond status earned, but given a nicer hotel or better location offered by a competitor I do now sometimes choose it (while with a good promo I wouldn't have).
Old Dec 15, 2011, 9:05 pm

Programs: Hyatt Glob (Barely); Marriott Plat Life; AA Up and Down Now Plat; Hilton, UA, BA, HA Peasant
I think what Hyatt (and all hotel chains) struggle with is how do you create truly loyal frequent guests who aren't just jumping to the best current promo.
Oh I'd say they had it nailed before they started screwing around, but nobody wants to tell their board the new strategy is failing and bail on it.

(Was) day in day out the best. They were always first choice, and got all the business and routine personal stays I could push their way, even if I drove farther, paid a bit more, or passed up a nicer competitor property just to be sure I re-upped. When they frosted on FFN Mrs. Jayer would start creating trips that would not otherwise have been taken.

Now they choose to be just like everybody else, so it starts making more sense to book the closest place, book on price even if I pay William Shatner royalties for those awful commercials in the process, or choose a more appealing non-Hyatt hotel. (Which is what I put on a random survey received this week).

Last edited by jayer; Dec 16, 2011 at 5:48 pm
Old Dec 15, 2011, 9:12 pm

Programs: AC SE, AA EXP MM, UA Gold MM, Hyatt Glob, Marriott Titanium, HH Dia, IHG Plat
I stopped at 7 or 8 stays this year, with the last three being tied into the Star MegaDo last September that yielded another year of Diamond status.

This could be my last year of Diamond after a decade-long run starting in 2002. The program has become not just boring (sorry Jeff Zidell) but also expensive, with room rates climbing substantially in the past couple of years. Yes I'm including government rates, if they are offered.

One part of the bore is the cookie-cutter nature of Hyatt's new North American properties. I think I'll go for more distinctive (mainly non-Hyatt) boutique properties, stay much less but be prepared to pay a decent sum when I do have an accommodation need.

Last edited by Explore; Dec 19, 2011 at 3:29 pm
Old Dec 16, 2011, 5:14 am

Programs: AA EXP/MM, HGP ♦; former elite in Hilton, Marriott & DL (just under MM thanks to Leo)
Originally Posted by kevino
It's amazing how many of us are stopping at exactly 25 stays. I will complete my 25th stay this Saturday night.
Not me, I'm out at 22. Yeah three HP stays away but who cares, HGP is a shadow of what it was.

I agree with Radiant Flyer, but make it two years ago:
The changes to the promos for the Hyatt Gold Gold Passport program were not just a small or moderate change, but more like a major overhaul. I pretty much don't view the program as highly as I did a year ago... I find it has become pretty much boring when it comes to promos., I have scaled back my spending at Hyatt both for pleasure and business.

I don't necessary live for promos but when there was a choice of staying at a semi-dated Hyatt or a beautiful Kimptom Hotel... I would choose Hyatt because of the excitement of the Gold Passport Program.

Jeff, look for me at the Kimptom.
Old Dec 18, 2011, 3:18 pm
Suspended

right man, right man. no more bonus, no more specials, no more nothing. my nights this year: 7, will let burn the remaining suite vouchers and no longer use hyatt, unless they change again
Old Dec 18, 2011, 8:01 pm
Suspended

Programs: Hyatt Diamond, Marriott PLT, SPG PLT, AA EXP, Virgin Elevate
Hyatt Promos in 2011 sucked

For the past 12 months Hyatt Gold Passport has been as exciting as watching paint dry on a wall... not sure if this has anything to do with Hyatt going public, the credit card or that now that the Wal-Mart's Walton Family have invested in Hyatt... The program has gone DOWNHILL.
Old Dec 19, 2011, 9:37 am

Originally Posted by Andaz5
The program has gone DOWNHILL.
IMO the promos have gone downhill... or are zero (5k for 3 stays is about zero).

BUT the Program, and perks, is still one of the best (free breakfast even on award stays, lounge access or 2500 points). Let's acknowledge that there is more to a program than promotions, even if a FFN offered by competition (which it wasn't, I'm not calling the FFN capped by awards at non-elite properties a full FFN) drives stays for most all of us.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.