Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Hotels and Places to Stay > Hyatt | World of Hyatt
Reload this Page >

Speculation on Promos for 2011[FFN etc.]

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Speculation on Promos for 2011[FFN etc.]

Search this Thread

Old Mar 2, 2011, 4:08 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UA Gold 1MM, AS 75k, AA Plat, Bonvoyed Gold, Honors Dia, Hyatt Explorer, IHG Plat, ...
Originally Posted by nnn
For example, Hyatt free nights promos have included FFN and BWB in recent years.

Of course, a hybrid promo is also possible, for instance where you must choose between a points promo and a free nights promo.
If I remember correctly, BWB made you choose between

- free night
- 5000 points

for every two stays.

Originally Posted by Firewind
Well, I'd suggest that the meaningful difference between FFN and a "points-only promotion" is just that -- a FFN promotion is earning discrete free nights plus points, while a points promotion is, well, points only. Otherwise, it's just down to "How fast do the free nights accrue?"
And everyone's needs are different. There are cases where points are simply more flexible even if by simple math they may seem worth less. E.g., I "wasted" a couple of BWB award night at the Hyatt Bellevue simply because I didn't have any other travel opportunity.
Old Mar 2, 2011, 4:13 pm

Programs: Hyatt Globalist, Marriott Platinum (LTG), Hilton Gold, United 1K, AA EXP, AS MVP 75K
Originally Posted by nnn
I think the poster to whom you were responding was differentiating between a points promo and a free nights promo in the sense that a points promo gives you POINTS, whereas a free nights promo gives you FREE NIGHTS.

For example, Hyatt free nights promos have included FFN and BWB in recent years.

Of course, a hybrid promo is also possible, for instance where you must choose between a points promo and a free nights promo.
I was a bit confused by the comment as well. I thought Firewind was trying to say that a points promo could technically be considered a "free nights" promo if the point value was high enough. Hypothetically, if they gave 10K points per stay, it would be the equivalent (almost) as FFN since two stays would net you roughly enough points to stay at a Cat 6 hotel.
Old Mar 2, 2011, 4:43 pm

Programs: United 1k aa exec plat
promo,promo,promo,

where is it
Old Mar 2, 2011, 4:47 pm

Programs: A few
I think it's time for a class action law suit against hgp
Old Mar 2, 2011, 4:53 pm
nnn

Programs: All-Around Kettle
Originally Posted by bryanwallace
promo,promo,promo,

where is it
Almost a haiku. Keep trying.
Old Mar 2, 2011, 5:01 pm

Programs: status-less.
Originally Posted by nnn
Almost a haiku. Keep trying.
Promo rumor ghosts
frantic FT seeks freebie
status hunger gnaws
Old Mar 2, 2011, 5:11 pm

Programs: UA 2MM, AA 600k, DL 500k, Hyatt GP 1M, HH Gold, Rad. Gold, CP Gold, Miracle Fruit-su Club
Originally Posted by notquiteaff
If I remember correctly, BWB made you choose between

- free night
- 5000 points

for every two stays.

And everyone's needs are different. There are cases where points are simply more flexible even if by simple math they may seem worth less. E.g., I "wasted" a couple of BWB award night at the Hyatt Bellevue simply because I didn't have any other travel opportunity.
Sorry if it's parsing it too far, but by FFN earning both, I meant, at least then, we got the FFN plus points for our spend, plus whatever bonuses we were due - Gx, tier, Diamond amenity etc. It really accelerated the free nights.

There was always the debate here as to whether the expiring FFNs or non-expiring points were better. (Thus, the choice reported in the quote above, thank you Hyatt.) And just to be clear, I'm on the FFN side. And I have "wasted" a FFN at the Boston Harborside Hyatt. But it wasn't a waste......
Old Mar 2, 2011, 5:27 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UA Gold 1MM, AS 75k, AA Plat, Bonvoyed Gold, Honors Dia, Hyatt Explorer, IHG Plat, ...
Originally Posted by Firewind
And just to be clear, I'm on the FFN side. And I have "wasted" a FFN at the Boston Harborside Hyatt. But it wasn't a waste......
I was on the FFN side and now I am on the "it depends" side.

For this promo, whatever it is, I am hoping that they are rewarding nights, not stays, because from mid-March onwards I'll have two stays totaling nine nights, and I am not going to make my wife hotel-hop during our vacation.
Old Mar 2, 2011, 6:01 pm
nnn

Programs: All-Around Kettle
Originally Posted by jtaft
Promo rumor ghosts
frantic FT seeks freebie
status hunger gnaws
Hyatt promotion
Will they ever tell us more?
Need to maximize
Old Mar 2, 2011, 6:01 pm

Programs: P THAI,Diamond HYATT
Originally Posted by notquiteaff
I was on the FFN side and now I am on the "it depends" side.

For this promo, whatever it is, I am hoping that they are rewarding nights, not stays, because from mid-March onwards I'll have two stays totaling nine nights, and I am not going to make my wife hotel-hop during our vacation.
I've lost a couple of FFNs and each year at least a suite upgrade, so I am in agreement, reward the nights, although I always loved those stays count double and you can renew within a month or so.

Promos are like discounted premium travel bargains, they are always around when I don't want them
Old Mar 2, 2011, 6:22 pm

ides of march
deceived again
hyatt status dies
Old Mar 2, 2011, 7:05 pm

Programs: MARRIOTT LIFETIME TITANIUM ELITE, HYATT LIFETIME GLOBALIST, UAL SILVER, AA EXECUTIVE PLATINUM
I just cancelled 12 Hyatt nights for March. Not because I am pissed and taking my business elsewhere, it is strictly business.

With no g bonuses and no promo I will keep on milking the SPG cow for now and get requalifying for Plat with them out of the way.

I also have a 25% off points cert that I need to burn. I had booked 6 paid nights at a hyatt for vacation thinking I would get a bunch of extra points but with no promo I might as well stay at a Westin and burn points and my cert.

Strictly business. Funny that is what I said last year on the SPG forum when I moved a 50+ nights to Hyatt.
Old Mar 2, 2011, 7:11 pm

whats the spg promotion
Old Mar 2, 2011, 7:21 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by Vinodavid
I just cancelled 12 Hyatt nights for March. Not because I am pissed and taking my business elsewhere, it is strictly business.

With no g bonuses and no promo I will keep on milking the SPG cow for now and get requalifying for Plat with them out of the way.

I also have a 25% off points cert that I need to burn. I had booked 6 paid nights at a hyatt for vacation thinking I would get a bunch of extra points but with no promo I might as well stay at a Westin and burn points and my cert.

Strictly business. Funny that is what I said last year on the SPG forum when I moved a 50+ nights to Hyatt.
That's quite reasonable. ^
Old Mar 2, 2011, 7:49 pm

Programs: MARRIOTT LIFETIME TITANIUM ELITE, HYATT LIFETIME GLOBALIST, UAL SILVER, AA EXECUTIVE PLATINUM
Originally Posted by bryanwallace
whats the spg promotion
Double points on stays and 500 bonus points on every thurs, fri, sat, and Sunday stay.

Not great by any means but better than nothing.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.