Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Hotels and Places to Stay > Hyatt | World of Hyatt
Reload this Page >

Speculation on Promos for 2011[FFN etc.]

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Speculation on Promos for 2011[FFN etc.]

Search this Thread

Old Jan 26, 2011, 8:19 am

Programs: AA EXP 4MM, Piper Dakota, Admirals Club, Hyatt Glob, Hilton Gold, Wyndham Diamond
Originally Posted by roadwarrior365
This comment from GP was on their facebook page this morning. " Our Spring promotion, which we’ll be launching in March, will be a great way to earn points. Stay tuned to Facebook for more details."
This is starting to sound like a points only promotion
Old Jan 26, 2011, 11:52 am

Programs: Bonvoy Lifetime Titanium, Hyatt Globlist, Hilton Silver, Amtrak Select Plus, UA Silver
Originally Posted by 236Dakota
This is starting to sound like a points only promotion
I will accept points. I just hope it is generous - i.e., 5K every X stays.

I love FFN and have taken full advantage of it in the past - but they were giving away the kitchen sink in an effort to draw in new members. I actually felt bad after a few years of FFNs
Old Jan 26, 2011, 1:28 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Marriott/Lifetime Titanium Hyatt/Explorist, Hilton/Silver, IHG Spire,UA Gold
Just make the announcement already, will ya!
Old Jan 26, 2011, 1:48 pm

Originally Posted by bsdstone
Seriously. I don't mind that the promo won't start until March, but I just want to know what the deal is.
Old Jan 26, 2011, 5:04 pm
wth

Programs: 2011 Air: AA (Plat) UA (Prem); Hotel: HGP (Dia), HH (Dia), KIT (IC); Car: HZ (PC) AF
Originally Posted by bsdstone
Hey Hyatt! I'm in total agreement with this. You always seem to announce these promos w/i a couple of days of their start. Since I plan out three weeks in advance, you lose me for early stays (or is that your intention?)

Three weeks lead time before the start of a promotion is not too much to ask unless you want to discourage leisure Diamond members like myself.

Perhaps someone from Hyatt would like to provide a logical reason why the company waits so long to before announcing promotions. Otherwise, I'll just assume it's anti-customer.
Old Jan 26, 2011, 7:38 pm
Hyatt Contributor Badge

Programs: Hyatt Globalist, AA Gold LT
I think the promotion will be something of a disappointment.

My Hyatt Diamond card arrived last week - very plain just a card stuck to a letter saying welcome back to another year of diamond. I remember in past years when they sent big multi-page brochures. I even remember hearing on this board people that got wine openers and free robes with their new cards.

So if you look at that trend, I won't be expecting anything to great.

Also I have noticed a steady decline in things like G - bonus (now very hard to find), a huge raise in the point rates for many properties, a stupid credit card that is only available in the USA that will flood the market with points.

My guess is if you look at the trends, I think we will be lucky if the promo is something like 1000 bonus points per night or something.

I hope I am wrong......
Old Jan 26, 2011, 8:41 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Marriott/Lifetime Titanium Hyatt/Explorist, Hilton/Silver, IHG Spire,UA Gold
Originally Posted by smilee

My Hyatt Diamond card arrived last week - very plain just a card stuck to a letter saying welcome back to another year of diamond. I remember in past years when they sent big multi-page brochures. I even remember hearing on this board people that got wine openers and free robes with their new cards.

Also I have noticed a steady decline in things like G - bonus (now very hard to find), a huge raise in the point rates for many properties, a stupid credit card that is only available in the USA that will flood the market with points.

My guess is if you look at the trends, I think we will be lucky if the promo is something like 1000 bonus points per night or something.

I hope I am wrong......
Unfortunately I agree with you...
Old Jan 26, 2011, 8:56 pm

Programs: AA EXP, SPG PLAT
Why there is no First QTR promos in Hyatt ? All other hotel chains have some kind of promo in the First QTR.
I am waiting for Hyatt to announce their promotion.
Old Jan 26, 2011, 9:41 pm

Programs: AC SE, AA EXP MM, UA Gold MM, Hyatt Glob, Marriott Titanium, HH Dia, IHG Plat
If Hyatt is abandoning FFNs and decent point promotions, they need to introduce Cash and Points to lower the cost of award stays.
Old Jan 26, 2011, 11:05 pm

Programs: Too Many to Count

I hope I am wrong......

This is exactly why you DON'T ever go public if you don't have to. There's pressure to run the business in accordance to quarterly expectations. You become a slave to the public and to market expectations and your customers suddenly are legally no longer your most important stakeholders. In every single case - 100% of every company that has ever gone public in the history of the world - you lose some of that magic, those intangibles, that passion, whatever you want to call it, that you had when you were private. You just can't do things on your own terms anymore. Sadly we're seeing it with Hyatt this year. Even though I'm a stockholder and they've made me a decent profit, sad to see how stingy they've become lately.
Old Jan 26, 2011, 11:24 pm
Moderator: GLBT Travelers & Hyatt Gold Passport

I even remember hearing on this board people that got wine openers and free robes with their new cards.
That was for Courtesy Card members.

I agree with the assessment that FFNs will not be returning in the near future - I still hope for one round towards the end of the year when its traditionally run.
Old Jan 27, 2011, 6:56 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AC 75K, Hertz President’s Circle, Accor Gold, Hilton Gold, Marriott Gold
As a non-USA member I hate this new reality. I would like to get the Hyatt credit card but cannot. Now earning by staying will get harder, no FFN .... Sucks for those not able to get the credit card.
Old Jan 27, 2011, 7:33 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist, Ambassador: World of Hyatt

Programs: Hyatt Globalist, Fairmont Lifetime Plat, UA Silver, dirt elsewhere
Well, IMHO opinion, Hyatt's 2010 strategy worked They got a lot of new people on board due to the free night promotions last year

Unfortunately, those same people are expecting the same type promotions this year, and it doesn't look like it's happening.

In a normal year they would have a max of 2 FFN promotions, and there was always one in the fall/winter.

I'm not surprised at all there's nothing this year. Too bad, I could have really used it, as the spring promotions last year were useless to me
Old Jan 27, 2011, 7:53 am

Programs: UA GS+LT UC, AA EXP+LT PLT, Fairmont LT PLT, Marriott PLT, Hilton DIA, Hyatt Glob, Avis CHM
Why are we all abandoning hope of an FFN this year?
I believe 2008 and 2009 only had fall FFNs, why can't 2011 be the same?
Old Jan 27, 2011, 8:05 am

Programs: AA LT Gold, UA Gold, Hyatt Plat, HHonors Gold, Priority Club Gold, Marriott Silver
I think the promotion will be something of a disappointment...
Unfortunately, I also agree with everything in your post.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.