Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Hotels and Places to Stay > Hyatt | World of Hyatt
Reload this Page >

Speculation on Promos for 2011[FFN etc.]

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Speculation on Promos for 2011[FFN etc.]

Search this Thread

Old Dec 26, 2010, 9:28 pm

Programs: Various Programs of Interest & LT Collector.
That would be really stinky - that would be two devals in about 6-8 months.

Lol - This would mean I have some reservations that would have increased point requirement twice between when I made the reservation and stay at the hotel.

Please hyatt, don't start doing this every year (or even more frequent than that based on the hunch below).

Originally Posted by BKKROP
Reading the posts, there are a lot of us waiting to see what happens. Like most "veterans" we already have our Diamond quotas for this year, seems the logical thing to do is book SPG for January, although ShangriLa are becoming pro active and within Asia, we were staggered to get prompts from FS even the Peninsula group. There is a rumour that our points will be devalued on the top notch Hyatts, so it might be time to use some of the hard earned nights.
Old Dec 27, 2010, 6:59 am

Programs: AA PLT, Hyatt Diamond
Hilton just officially announced their Q1-2011 promo. I doubt Hyatt would be the only one without any promo.
Old Dec 27, 2010, 7:05 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Amex Gold/Plat, UA *G, Hyatt Globalist, Marriott LT Gold, NEXUS, TSA Disparager Unobtanium
Originally Posted by kw335
Hilton just officially announced their Q1-2011 promo. I doubt Hyatt would be the only one without any promo.
Keep your fingers crossed. We may see something soon..
Old Dec 27, 2010, 10:48 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UA Gold 1MM, AS 75k, AA Plat, Bonvoyed Gold, Honors Dia, Hyatt Explorer, IHG Plat, ...
Originally Posted by kw335
Yes, as I speculated earlier in this thread, I have a feeling they were just waiting to see what the other players are doing.
Old Dec 28, 2010, 7:06 pm

Programs: Hyatt Explorist, HH Gold, SPG Gold, National EC Executive, AA Platinum
Hyatt's comment on Winter Promo Question

I saw this on Hyatt's Facebook page and thought others may be interested:

Question posted:
Any new promos not tied to specific hotels?

Hyatt Gold Passport response:
We don't have any details to share just yet - stay tuned for information in the upcoming weeks.
Old Dec 28, 2010, 8:26 pm

Programs: SPG Platinum, Hyatt Diamond, Hilton Diamond, Intercontinental Platinum, AA Gold
Originally Posted by BKKROP
Reading the posts, there are a lot of us waiting to see what happens. Like most "veterans" we already have our Diamond quotas for this year, seems the logical thing to do is book SPG for January, although ShangriLa are becoming pro active and within Asia, we were staggered to get prompts from FS even the Peninsula group. There is a rumour that our points will be devalued on the top notch Hyatts, so it might be time to use some of the hard earned nights.
I don't follow. Diamond status is renewed based on calendar year. So while the diamond status theoreitically ends end of Feb, you start accruing towards renewal starting Jan 1. So why would you do SPG instead of Hyatt?

"After 25 eligible stays or 50 eligible nights in a calendar year, you will experience the highest level of membership and have access to our most generous benefits and awards."
Old Dec 28, 2010, 9:25 pm
In memoriam

Programs: Kimpton IC, Hyatt Diamond, Gold Marriott, Lifetime Platinum Starwood
Originally Posted by cybaslacka
I don't follow. Diamond status is renewed based on calendar year. So while the diamond status theoreitically ends end of Feb, you start accruing towards renewal starting Jan 1. So why would you do SPG instead of Hyatt?

"After 25 eligible stays or 50 eligible nights in a calendar year, you will experience the highest level of membership and have access to our most generous benefits and awards."
perhaps because they split their loyalty and with SPG offering a promo already he/she is getting a jump on requalifying for Platinum which requires 25 stays as well. It's what a number of people on this board do.
Old Dec 29, 2010, 5:05 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AMC MovieWatcher, Giant BonusCard, Petco PALS Card, Silver Diner Blue Plate Club
C'mon Hyatt..

I have a bunch of stays to book in January, I've held off deciding where to stay, waiting on your Q1 promo announcement.

Hurry up, already!!
Old Dec 29, 2010, 8:55 am

Programs: SPG Lifetime Platinum, Hyatt Diamond, JetBlue Mosaic, AA Platinum, National Executive Elite
Originally Posted by gleff
C'mon Hyatt..

I have a bunch of stays to book in January, I've held off deciding where to stay, waiting on your Q1 promo announcement.

Hurry up, already!!
^ +1
Old Dec 29, 2010, 8:57 am

Programs: SPG*P, AA*1MM, UA*1P, Hilton*D, Hyatt*D, Sixt*P, Hertz*P, Avis*F, Delta*G
unless i hear something from hyatt till tomorrow,
i am going to share some nights with spg.
plz............
Old Dec 29, 2010, 9:26 am

Programs: MARRIOTT LIFETIME TITANIUM ELITE, HYATT LIFETIME GLOBALIST, UAL SILVER, AA EXECUTIVE PLATINUM
Screw it

SPG gets my Q1 business.

I need to retain my SPG Platinum, might as well start building stays when Hyatt has nothing cooking.

I would hate to need 5 or 6 stays at SPG in Q4 when/if Hyatt has a ffn running.
Old Dec 29, 2010, 9:30 am
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: AA Gold 1MM, AS MVP, UA Silver, WN A-List, Marriott LT Titanium, HH Diamond
Ditto.

Marriott: I'll do four paid nights to get two Cat 4 carts.
Priority Club: I might throw 'em two Saturday night stays when I'm in Dallas...plenty of cheap but tolerable properties that'll lead to a nice Crack the Case bonus.
SPG: everything else...especially since most of my stays are Fri/Sat cheap one-nighters.

I should be able to requal SPG Plat by midyear and be set up to make a late-year Marriott Plat challenge run (18 nights in final quarter seems to be their typical requal challenge).
Old Dec 29, 2010, 11:39 am

Programs: LT Marriott Gold, Velocity Gold, Accor Gold
I'm so hoping that it will be a FFN as have some great travel planned for Q2, but the way our luck works is it will be some promo that won't work for us.
Old Dec 29, 2010, 12:24 pm

Programs: Hyatt Explorist, HH Gold, SPG Gold, National EC Executive, AA Platinum
Originally Posted by moulder3
^ +1
+1
Old Dec 29, 2010, 2:21 pm
Original Member

Programs: Hyatt Courtesy card. Delta 2MM Diamond. AA platinum pro
In the past the GP Concierge let us know before a promotion was announced when the announcement would be made. Since we haven't heard I would assume an announcement is not imminent.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.