Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Hotels and Places to Stay > Hyatt | World of Hyatt
Reload this Page >

[HYATT NEWBIE LOUNGE] Ask Your Questions Here (flame free)

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

[HYATT NEWBIE LOUNGE] Ask Your Questions Here (flame free)

Search this Thread

Old Jun 15, 2015, 8:41 am

forgive me as I am still searching around the forums..

any known discount code for the time being?
Old Jun 15, 2015, 11:05 am
Used to be garyjr316

Programs: AAdvantage, MileagePlus, Gold Passport, Hilton HHonors, Marriott
Question for you all. I have a reservation upcoming where I will be staying with a friend. Is it possible for my friend to check us in if the reservation is under my name and also use my credit card information if I provide it to the hotel in advance, or pay in advance? I won't be arriving until extremely late and would prefer to just go straight up to the room.
Old Jun 15, 2015, 8:40 pm

Location: USA & UK -- AA EXP 3.5MM, Hyatt Diamond, SPG Plat, Avis President's Club
It's easy if the friend is listed prior to arrival (by name) as a guest on the reservation.
Originally Posted by Dad to GO
Question for you all. I have a reservation upcoming where I will be staying with a friend. Is it possible for my friend to check us in if the reservation is under my name and also use my credit card information if I provide it to the hotel in advance, or pay in advance? I won't be arriving until extremely late and would prefer to just go straight up to the room.
Old Jun 16, 2015, 12:21 am

Programs: UA MM/1K, SPG Lifetime Plat, Marriott Plat, Hyatt Diamond, HH Gold, Natl Exec Elite
And...to carry this to its logical conclusion - if you don't show up at all, and your friend checks out with your CC on file for payment - yes, you will probably get night and stay credit. Not according to the HGP rules, and YMMV but "I will be checking in really late" is not unfamiliar to front desk personnel at every chain with a stay-based loyalty program
Old Jun 16, 2015, 9:37 am
Formerly known as CollegeFlyer

Programs: UA 1K MM, AA PLT, Hyatt Diamond, Marriott Gold, Hertz 5*
It's easy for your friend to check in for you, if you add him as a 2nd guest on the room.

However, some properties require swiping a physical credit card at check-in (while others will let you charge the one on file). So if he doesn't have a copy of the card that you have on file, they may make him put down his own credit card. YMMV on that part.
Old Jun 16, 2015, 10:32 am
Used to be garyjr316

Programs: AAdvantage, MileagePlus, Gold Passport, Hilton HHonors, Marriott
Originally Posted by SportsTech
And...to carry this to its logical conclusion - if you don't show up at all, and your friend checks out with your CC on file for payment - yes, you will probably get night and stay credit. Not according to the HGP rules, and YMMV but "I will be checking in really late" is not unfamiliar to front desk personnel at every chain with a stay-based loyalty program
Thanks! ^
Old Jun 16, 2015, 10:47 am

Programs: Hyatt Globalist No More..., Hyatt Explorist, Hilton Diamond, SPG Platinum, Marriott Platinum
Also remember that even if he swipes his card at the beginning, you can change cards when you check out.
Old Jun 16, 2015, 1:27 pm

I currently have 3 nights booked at GH Tokyo in a club king room using points, and I'm looking to add another night to my stay.

I called in and all they have available now is club twin, which might necessitate moving rooms, which I would like to avoid.

What I don't understand, is that both the club king and club twin are bookable for this date with the hyatt daily rate.

Is this typical?
Old Jun 16, 2015, 2:26 pm

Programs: Marriott Titanium, Hilton Diamond, AA Plat
I currently have a Hyatt booked in Paris for 6 nights in December. Rate shows at 195 EU a night for every night of my stay. Now it turns out I only need to be there three of those nights. Trying to modify to only stay the last three nights causes the price to go up to 295 EU a night. Anything I can do or do I just have to suck it up and pay the extra money?

Thanks!
Old Jun 16, 2015, 9:06 pm
Suspended

Hyatt credit card is from Chase, correct? Have there been any reports of this card being "harder" to get - I hear Chase is cracking down mostly on UR cards but I'm concerned about the Hyatt card. Anyone?
Old Jun 16, 2015, 9:51 pm

Location: USA & UK -- AA EXP 3.5MM, Hyatt Diamond, SPG Plat, Avis President's Club
I'd try calling Hyatt Gold Passport reservations by phone. Explain that your plans changed and you need 3 nights and you want to keep the same nightly rate.
Originally Posted by zoomgirl
I currently have a Hyatt booked in Paris for 6 nights in December. Rate shows at 195 EU a night for every night of my stay. Now it turns out I only need to be there three of those nights. Trying to modify to only stay the last three nights causes the price to go up to 295 EU a night. Anything I can do or do I just have to suck it up and pay the extra money?

Thanks!
Old Jun 17, 2015, 9:33 am

Programs: Hyatt Globalist No More..., Hyatt Explorist, Hilton Diamond, SPG Platinum, Marriott Platinum

Thanks!
You may be out of luck. More than likely, the reason why your rate is 195 EU a night is b/c 3 of those nights have a lower rate that bring your average per night rate down. You can search on those nights and verify that the math evens out.
Old Jun 17, 2015, 2:43 pm

Programs: Marriott Titanium, Hilton Diamond, AA Plat
Originally Posted by cdancer20
Quote:

Thanks!

You may be out of luck. More than likely, the reason why your rate is 195 EU a night is b/c 3 of those nights have a lower rate that bring your average per night rate down. You can search on those nights and verify that the math evens out.
Thanks, I booked the nights a very long time ago, and now none of the nights have a 195 euro rate anymore sadly. But I am going to call Hyatt GP tonight.
Old Jun 18, 2015, 12:22 pm

I thought I read somewhere that you if you book with 2 different times/methods (e.g. points 1 day and cash the next), that Hyatt GP could merge your reservations. Is this still true?
Old Jun 18, 2015, 1:00 pm

Programs: "But, I'm a GLOBALIST guest...."
Originally Posted by cdancer20
I thought I read somewhere that you if you book with 2 different times/methods (e.g. points 1 day and cash the next), that Hyatt GP could merge your reservations. Is this still true?
rooms often get merged at the hotel to avoid moving in those cases... I'll let others speak to the logistics beyond normal bed planning.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.