Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Hotels and Places to Stay > Hyatt | World of Hyatt
Reload this Page >

[HYATT NEWBIE LOUNGE] Ask Your Questions Here (flame free)

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

[HYATT NEWBIE LOUNGE] Ask Your Questions Here (flame free)

Search this Thread

Old Sep 20, 2011, 9:21 am

Programs: UA MM 1K, Hyatt Globalist, Marriott Titanium Elite
Diamond Suite Upgrade at Vacation Club

Can i book a studio and use and upgrade for a 1 bedroom??
Old Sep 20, 2011, 9:44 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist, Ambassador: World of Hyatt

Programs: Hyatt Globalist, Fairmont Lifetime Plat, UA Silver, dirt elsewhere
Originally Posted by biggdeebee
I know you can't transfer points to someone else but I wanted to know if you can put someone elses frequent flyer number in when you redeem for miles? Thanks.
Ooops... sorry, I missed that part of the question Unfortunately, I really don't know.
Old Sep 20, 2011, 10:46 am

Programs: DL-DM/1MM, HILTON-DIA, .HYATT-DIA/GLOB , IHG-PLT,HERTZ 5*, NATIONAL ES
Quick Question

If I have 25 stays this year, just reached this on Saturday night... I earn Diamond... When should it expire. I seem to have a disagreement with the date that the GP line is saying.
Old Sep 20, 2011, 11:12 am

You'll have it starting March 2012 until Feb 28, 2013.

You earn, through 12/31, for the upcoming year, no matter at what point in the current year you earn it.
Old Sep 20, 2011, 12:43 pm

Programs: DL-DM/1MM, HILTON-DIA, .HYATT-DIA/GLOB , IHG-PLT,HERTZ 5*, NATIONAL ES
Originally Posted by Mary2e
You'll have it starting March 2012 until Feb 28, 2013.

You earn, through 12/31, for the upcoming year, no matter at what point in the current year you earn it.
OK, that is what I thought. I had earned the status as of Saturday and noticed that I had an expiration date of Sept. 2011 - due to the given status for the match. I have qualified the hard way =25 stays this year. GP updated my account to now show my DIamond status to only be good through Feb. 2012.... I think I need to get another person from that end to update this.
Old Sep 20, 2011, 1:03 pm

I wouldn't worry about it. Even if the date never changes, Cust Service will fix it.
Old Sep 21, 2011, 7:20 am

Programs: UA MM/1K, SPG Lifetime Plat, Marriott Plat, Hyatt Diamond, HH Gold, Natl Exec Elite
Originally Posted by Crazyhotelguy
I think I need to get another person from that end to update this.
The system will show your Diamond status through 2/2012 until next year; Hyatt will update the Diamond rosters and status end dates on or about Jan 1st, at which point your "Diamond through" date will be changed to 2013. Not to worry!
Old Sep 22, 2011, 12:31 pm

Programs: Hyatt Diamond ,SPG Platinum
Mastercard MC603 offer+Aeroplan AC001

Hello everyone!
This is my first posting on flyertalk.
There is on going AC001(2,500 Aeroplan Miles) promo 'till SEP.30.
If I choose this MILE option,Can I combine it with Mastercard MC603 offer(1,000 GP bonus points)?
Old Sep 22, 2011, 2:09 pm
Ambassador: World of Hyatt

Originally Posted by skywater
Hello everyone!
This is my first posting on flyertalk.
There is on going AC001(2,500 Aeroplan Miles) promo 'till SEP.30.
If I choose this MILE option,Can I combine it with Mastercard MC603 offer(1,000 GP bonus points)?

Welcome to Flyertalk
^

My answer would be yes as it is a bonus and not related to stay credit bonus miles or points for the actual stay.However because I do not have access to terms and conditions of this promotion I would have to refer you over to the good folks at Hyatt Gold Passport in the call center.Be sure you are speaking with a seasoned agent or supervisor that knows the correct answer for certain.Get a name and ask them to document your account in case they say yes and for whatever the reason you might need to refer back in the future.

Cheers
Old Sep 22, 2011, 2:37 pm

Programs: Hyatt Diamond ,SPG Platinum
Thank you,777 global mile hound!
You are so nice.
Old Sep 22, 2011, 2:51 pm
Ambassador: World of Hyatt

Originally Posted by skywater
Thank you,777 global mile hound!
You are so nice.
Thanks for the kind words skywater
We Hyatt Ambassadors don't get shown much love here or a paycheck lol
However we give back to a community that has been highly generous to us over the years ^
I think you will find some exceptional information here in the various communities on FT that make travel a much more rewarding fulfilling experience.

Hyatt has really made recognition in its program and hotels an art form compared to many of the big majors.
It’s frequently a very nice experience in the full service hotels......
Let us know if we can do anything to help you along the Gold Passport Road of discovery with anything program related or at the hotel level
Safe Journeys Happy Travels Many Points and Miles
Old Sep 23, 2011, 8:20 am

I wouldn't worry about it. Even if the date never changes, Cust Service will fix it.
Originally Posted by SportsTech
The system will show your Diamond status through 2/2012 until next year; Hyatt will update the Diamond rosters and status end dates on or about Jan 1st, at which point your "Diamond through" date will be changed to 2013. Not to worry!
This is not exactly the response that I got from Gold Passport Concierge. Although they fixed this and it now shows Feb. 2013, I was put under the impression that if you qualify prior to mid year, you only get the staus for the remainder of that year. If you qualify after mid year, it carries through the next year. While this does not make any sense based upon my experience with FF/Hotel programs, they seemed to say it with confidence. I was told that mine was fixed since I qualified after mid year.

If this were true, why would I bother qualifying early at Hyatt, knowing that I would only get the status for the remainder of the year and that I would have to start from scratch in March? I would just push stays to Hilton so that I do not hit Diamond too soon. Seems silly to me.
Old Sep 23, 2011, 9:07 am

Ahhh.... I'm thinking you had no status before with Hyatt and you just qualified for the first time. If that is the case, then yes, if you qualify before a certain time of the year, the status is only good for the remainder of that year.

If I qualify early in the year, it extends me to the next qualification year, in this case, it would have been Feb 2013.

So, accept my apologies if I misunderstood your post.
Old Sep 23, 2011, 9:30 am

Ahhh.... I'm thinking you had no status before with Hyatt and you just qualified for the first time. If that is the case, then yes, if you qualify before a certain time of the year, the status is only good for the remainder of that year.

If I qualify early in the year, it extends me to the next qualification year, in this case, it would have been Feb 2013.

So, accept my apologies if I misunderstood your post.
Why does it work that way for new Diamonds members? Why would a new Diamond member not get the remainder of the year plus the following year but an existing member would?

This is not the first time I've read this topic but for some reason, it always confuses me!
Old Sep 23, 2011, 9:50 am

Originally Posted by kenbo
Why does it work that way for new Diamonds members? Why would a new Diamond member not get the remainder of the year plus the following year but an existing member would?

This is not the first time I've read this topic but for some reason, it always confuses me!
Yeah, that can't be right. 25 stays or 50 nights in the first 3 months of 2011 would only get you to Feb 2012? That can't be...

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.