FlyerTalk Forums

FlyerTalk Forums (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/index.php)
-   Hyatt | World of Hyatt (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/hyatt-world-hyatt-418/)
-   -   Andaz Maui - coming in September 2013 (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/hyatt-world-hyatt/1139851-andaz-maui-coming-september-2013-a.html)

LIH Prem Apr 15, 2013 2:43 am

Mommy Points quoted and linked to this thread, but she did also provide a little more new info.

-David

m0hamed Apr 15, 2013 3:34 am

Generally there's a soft opening, and IME suites are generally finished last. Across all brands, I have never once actually had a suite available in a new hotel as was initially promised.

You can't fault the Andaz for blocking award availability if they only have a few open in December.

antignos Apr 18, 2013 9:38 pm

Yes, you can fault a property for not following their own terms and conditions actually. We have patiently waited to use our Hyatt credit card free suite nights at the Andaz Maui and every time we call and speak to a rep, we are given a new answer and the runaround.

Has anyone else had any luck booking their Hyatt CC free suite nights at Andaz Maui?

Gold Passport Concierge Apr 19, 2013 7:52 am

Originally Posted by antignos (Post 20616051)
Yes, you can fault a property for not following their own terms and conditions actually. We have patiently waited to use our Hyatt credit card free suite nights at the Andaz Maui and every time we call and speak to a rep, we are given a new answer and the runaround.

Has anyone else had any luck booking their Hyatt CC free suite nights at Andaz Maui?

Hi antignos:

Feel free to PM your reservation dates as we would be happy to check availability for you.

-Nick

hhhhkk Apr 19, 2013 10:04 am

Originally Posted by antignos (Post 20616051)

I am having same issue. Also tried Diamond Line. no luck

skj Apr 21, 2013 6:56 am

Looks like this property might be playing games with availability. Looking at certain dates next March, I can book a base room - Andaz Garden King or 2 Queen - at the Andaz Rate, but not for points, while adjacent nights can be booked for either the same $ or points.

nicholastg Apr 30, 2013 7:15 pm

I am trying to reserve award nights next April using the free nights but it is not showing an availability. When should availability be open?

antignos May 2, 2013 9:25 am

I have a PM out to Nick waiting for a response. I was able to use points in Nov, but no credit card free nights for some reason. Hope they get it figured out asap, I'm excited as heck to see the property.

pilgrim May 2, 2013 10:56 am

I have credit card night award in January, booked last week. Keep
trying.

nicholastg May 2, 2013 3:24 pm

Please keep me updated on Nick's response

antignos May 5, 2013 7:49 am

I'll post as soon as I hear what's going on. No response yet.

m0hamed May 5, 2013 8:15 am

I'm looking at a few random dates and the best rate I can find is $498 USD on the AAA rate, is anyone finding anything cheaper? Seems odd to be so high right through to 2014. It's not a St Regis or Park Hyatt or Four Seasons so am a bit surprised by the price.

MikeFromTokyo May 5, 2013 12:07 pm

Originally Posted by m0hamed (Post 20700672)
I'm looking at a few random dates and the best rate I can find is $498 USD on the AAA rate, is anyone finding anything cheaper? Seems odd to be so high right through to 2014. It's not a St Regis or Park Hyatt or Four Seasons so am a bit surprised by the price.

I don't know how far in advance your are booking, but if this is for 2014 lower rates might become available closer in. If booking very far in advance, hotels often only have rack rates loaded in their reservations systems. Of course you can book now to ensure availability and then continue to check for lower rates.

spgplat21 May 5, 2013 10:24 pm

Originally Posted by m0hamed (Post 20700672)

It may come down some as it gets closer, but I'm not surprised it's that high and I don't think it will come down very much. The Grand Hyatt in Kauai is often over $400, and this place looks like it's going to be much nicer on the website. Hawaii is just an expensive place, and it seems to have gotten quite a bit more expensive as the economy has improved. I was looking at a trip for this summer and I couldn't believe the St. Regis Princeville prices. It was double what we paid for the same time period three years ago.

MikeFromTokyo May 6, 2013 6:28 am

Originally Posted by spgplat21 (Post 20703696)
It may come down some as it gets closer, but I'm not surprised it's that high and I don't think it will come down very much. The Grand Hyatt in Kauai is often over $400, and this place looks like it's going to be much nicer on the website. Hawaii is just an expensive place, and it seems to have gotten quite a bit more expensive as the economy has improved. I was looking at a trip for this summer and I couldn't believe the St. Regis Princeville prices. It was double what we paid for the same time period three years ago.

Hyatt seems to be positioning Andaz as a quasi high-end brand, so I am also not surprised,by the rates. Nothing about the Andaz brand appeals to me.