FlyerTalk Forums

FlyerTalk Forums (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/index.php)
-   Hyatt | World of Hyatt (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/hyatt-world-hyatt-418/)
-   -   Andaz Maui - coming in September 2013 (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/hyatt-world-hyatt/1139851-andaz-maui-coming-september-2013-a.html)

m0hamed Jul 28, 2013 11:15 pm

When making a reservation for the HR Maui, at no point through the process did it indicate they were under construction. Shouldn't this be on the front page of the website or displayed in red during the reservation process?

suite2suite Jul 29, 2013 8:59 am

Originally Posted by m0hamed (Post 21174451)
When making a reservation for the HR Maui, at no point through the process did it indicate they were under construction. Shouldn't this be on the front page of the website or displayed in red during the reservation process?

+1 Absolutely
I am surprised it is not mentioned. Shame on HR Maui.

LASUA1K Jul 29, 2013 9:53 am

I'm trying to book a suite at the Andaz, and it seems like they only allow 2 occupants? I've tried 2Adults 1child, but it won't, if I mix and match with only 1 and 1 it allows me to book it. Are they really having a 2 person max for suites?

Funny though, I can get a queen room with 4 or 5 occupants with no issues.

LASUA1K Jul 29, 2013 10:46 am

Quick question, does the Andaz have beach access?

huskergreg Jul 29, 2013 11:11 am

Originally Posted by m0hamed (Post 21174451)

Technically the HR Maui isn't under construction. The construction is for a new timeshare resort next door to the HR Maui. I agree it would be desirable to have some notice on the website however.

jisaac Jul 29, 2013 11:57 am

Originally Posted by Ancien Maestro (Post 21174412)
Both Hyatt properties under construction at the same time. Which one is the lesser evil? Oddly enough after our Hyatt Maui stay, there's going to be construction at Disney Aulani for 5 nights. Thoughts, should I cancel all of the reservations and stick with resorts with no construction? I guess if its intrusive enough, ill speak to management. Construction hasn't bothered me any in the past.

I honeymooned at the JW Ihilani when Aulani was being built. Though I anticipated some problem with construction noise, we had very little. After 6 nights at Andaz Maui we head back to the Ihilani. What sort of construction is going on now?

mrredskin Jul 29, 2013 12:26 pm

Originally Posted by huskergreg (Post 21176863)
Technically the HR Maui isn't under construction. The construction is for a new timeshare resort next door to the HR Maui. I agree it would be desirable to have some notice on the website however.

i just assumed it was HR since it's literally next door. very undesirable entrance to the hotel with all that going on so close

Montacute Jul 29, 2013 6:46 pm

I am looking at booking the last week in August, but only see kind and queen rooms available. Has anyone had success booking a club room or suite?

jayer Jul 29, 2013 7:03 pm

Originally Posted by LASUA1K (Post 21176713)

Presuming it is not cut off by construction, the old hotel on site did.

m0hamed Jul 29, 2013 9:24 pm

Adult pool

http://img199.imageshack.us/img199/9946/dvhy.jpg

Achilles Jul 29, 2013 9:28 pm

Originally Posted by Montacute (Post 21179570)
I am looking at booking the last week in August, but only see kind and queen rooms available. Has anyone had success booking a club room or suite?

Last I checked, suites are only available from Sep 15, a month later than the opening date.

TravelGuy1965 Jul 29, 2013 9:49 pm

I found the same thing.... I'm beginning to wonder if these are the only room types they have open. The week before they weren't even accepting any reservations for the last week in August so I am worried the hotel isn't really ready and they are playing bookings week by week as they get more confidence in what might open. This would be very sad if its the case and I'd be upset if I used my points or dollars for an opening that wasn't really ready.

Originally Posted by Montacute (Post 21179570)

cpn1980 Jul 30, 2013 12:14 am

I am thinking to book a stay for the first week of October. Do you think the hotel is mature enough and the construction is finalized at that point? I would not like to end up in a hotel which is still under construction for my honeymoon and spend a lot of money which I could have spent also somewhere else with no noise of construction.

RTW1 Jul 30, 2013 12:33 am

Originally Posted by TravelGuy1965 (Post 21180408)
I'd be upset if I used my points or dollars for an opening that wasn't really ready.

That's always the risk when you want to stay in the first weeks after the (soft) opening. You are almost guaranteed that some features will not be available, but that they will still charge you the standard room rates :-(.

It would be nice if they would notify you at the time of booking, but most properties don't. The only thing here that seems to be on the site is that the restaurant won't be open....

Ancien Maestro Jul 30, 2013 2:32 am

Originally Posted by LASUA1K (Post 21176713)

IIRC all beaches are public in Wailea Maui

Originally Posted by jisaac (Post 21177174)
I honeymooned at the JW Ihilani when Aulani was being built. Though I anticipated some problem with construction noise, we had very little. After 6 nights at Andaz Maui we head back to the Ihilani. What sort of construction is going on now?

AFAIK the construction is to expand pool park. Hopefully not too intrusive as we're dropping $600 per night averaged out after the 5th night free discount.

Originally Posted by Achilles (Post 21180319)
Last I checked, suites are only available from Sep 15, a month later than the opening date.

+1

Originally Posted by TravelGuy1965 (Post 21180408)
I found the same thing.... I'm beginning to wonder if these are the only room types they have open. The week before they weren't even accepting any reservations for the last week in August so I am worried the hotel isn't really ready and they are playing bookings week by week as they get more confidence in what might open. This would be very sad if its the case and I'd be upset if I used my points or dollars for an opening that wasn't really ready.

I wondered the same. Plus with no upper room categories, the best available upgrade Diamond benefit is irrelevant. So not only am I not able to apply a suite upgrade, the room upgrade is glass ceiling it seems. I checked the room categories and its all garden view room til September 14th, 2013, September 15th, all room categories come online. I tried calling the hotel directly, but no number to be found. The agent for gold passport was not very helpful. Emailed Andaz Wailea number and received a response that the Diamond Upgrade or other room categories not available for my dates. Does this hotel want business? I want to book, but no help and minimal information. Not too impressed yet. I think I'll try again next year, but I've got so many other hotels we love, it won't be a big deal if I don't end up booking there.