Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Hotels and Places to Stay > Hyatt | World of Hyatt
Reload this Page >

The Great 10k (9/15 - 12/15/10) - 10K bonus points after every 5 Nights

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

The Great 10k (9/15 - 12/15/10) - 10K bonus points after every 5 Nights

Search this Thread

Old Sep 16, 2010, 8:58 pm
Moderator: GLBT Travelers & Hyatt Gold Passport

Originally Posted by SanDiego1K
It isn't precisely a transfer, but it is effectively so. You can combine points from any two accounts for an award. There is a form that has to be filled out each time you do so.

Only if there are insufficient points in the account redeeming an award
Old Sep 22, 2010, 7:49 pm

Programs: Hyatt Platinum
bonus just posted...

My first bonus points from the Great 10k posted today.

19 Sep 2010 20 Sep 2010 Cambridge Bonus 0 0 10,000 Points
Old Oct 21, 2010, 2:31 pm

Programs: AS 75K,UA Gold 1.6MM, Hilton Dia, Marriott LT Plat, Hyatt Glb, Natl Exec, Hertz 5*
Originally Posted by zenexplorer
If this has been answered previously, I apologize, as I did scan the thread....

If one checks in prior to Sept 15th...say Sept 12, and checks out after the 15th, say Sept 18th, will the whole stay count towards 10K credit, or just the night of the 15th onward, or is the stay ineligible because checkin was before the 15th?

Thanks.
This was the 2nd time this question was asked with no answer, I am also interested in the answer. Someone did ask if a checkout on 12/16 counted and the answer was yes, but how about a checkout on 9/15?

Its frustrating the T&Cs are never clear on this and nor was it answered in the FAQs. The definition of "eligible night" needs to include the rules on bridging the beginning and end dates.
Old Oct 21, 2010, 2:45 pm
No longer used by Hyatt; use World of Hyatt Concierge
Original Poster

Originally Posted by dmodemd
This was the 2nd time this question was asked with no answer, I am also interested in the answer. Someone did ask if a checkout on 12/16 counted and the answer was yes, but how about a checkout on 9/15?

Its frustrating the T&Cs are never clear on this and nor was it answered in the FAQs. The definition of "eligible night" needs to include the rules on bridging the beginning and end dates.
Good afternoon,

With the Great 10K promotion you would have to have a stay on 9/15. If you are checking out on 9/15 that will not count towards that promotion since it is for stays starting on 9/15. Hope this clarifies any questions or concerns.

Have a great day,

Brock S.
Old Nov 1, 2010, 4:08 am

Programs: US Silver, DL Silver, Marriott Gold, Hyatt Plat
I'm sure some variation of this has been asked elsewhere but..

If I book, lets say, a 3 night stay under one of the "3rd night free" offers, where the cost of one night is deducted at check-out, will all 3 nights count towards the 10k bonus? Or just technically the 2 nights that I paid for?
Old Nov 1, 2010, 4:15 am

Programs: Hilton Diamond, QFF WP, Velocity Gold
If your stay is 3 nights then it should count for 3 nights =)
Old Nov 1, 2010, 10:16 am

Programs: Hyatt LIFETIME Globalist
Originally Posted by withatwist
I'm sure some variation of this has been asked elsewhere but..

If I book, lets say, a 3 night stay under one of the "3rd night free" offers, where the cost of one night is deducted at check-out, will all 3 nights count towards the 10k bonus? Or just technically the 2 nights that I paid for?
We just had a stay under the 34free promo and were credited for all 3 nights.
Old Nov 1, 2010, 5:25 pm

I've gotten one 10K bonus for 5 stays but I don't think I'll make another 5 before the promo ends. What happens if I end with 3 or 4 of the five required stays? Will I get zero bonus for these, or will they give me a proportionate bonus, i.e. 6,000 or 8,000 points for the fractional competion?
Old Nov 1, 2010, 5:56 pm
Moderator: GLBT Travelers & Hyatt Gold Passport

Originally Posted by Bob99b5
I've gotten one 10K bonus for 5 stays but I don't think I'll make another 5 before the promo ends. What happens if I end with 3 or 4 of the five required stays? Will I get zero bonus for these, or will they give me a proportionate bonus, i.e. 6,000 or 8,000 points for the fractional competion?
I believe it will be 0 for the "leftover" nights.
Old Nov 1, 2010, 7:33 pm
Ambassador: Alaska Airlines

Programs: AS MVP Gold
The entire reason that a promotion like this is built as "5 stays = 10K points" is to drive incremental revenue. Assume the average HGP member has a random number of nights already booked in the promotion period. That means 80% of the population will not end up with an even multiple of 5 nights, and will be motivated to add 1-4 nights on to existing stays in order to "win big."

If HGP simply offered 2K points per night, the incentive to add extra nights would be much lower. Heck, you can do that already by MR'ing at properties with G2 bonuses.
Old Nov 1, 2010, 7:40 pm

Programs: Avis Pref+, Hyatt Explorist, Marriott Life Gold, Honors Silver, IHG Plat via MC.
Baliktad has answered Bob's ?? better than I could have.
It clearly says 10K for 5 nights, not 2K per night. So 4 nights of stays = Big Fat Goose Egg! Oh well, one will get normal points & G bonuses.
Old Nov 1, 2010, 7:46 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UA Gold 1MM, AS 75k, AA Plat, Bonvoyed Gold, Honors Dia, Hyatt Explorer, IHG Plat, ...
Originally Posted by peachy3
If your stay is 3 nights then it should count for 3 nights =)
Correct. I just had one night in Waikiki and a Book-3-get-4th-free in Saipan and once the Saipan stay posted, I also got the 10k point bonus.
Old Nov 8, 2010, 7:55 am

Programs: Hyatt Lifetime Globalist, Bonvoy Lifetime Gold, ProrityClub
Is there any intention to extend this offer for the holiday period ?
Like Marriott has their bonus offer til Mid January 2011 which makes sense.
So why should M have all the december/newYears business and not Hyatt ?
would love to see that extended
Old Nov 8, 2010, 8:24 am
thc

Programs: Hyatt Diamond, AA Platinum
This is purely speculation, but I think Hyatt will have a new promotion in January. I am guessing this since they have done that in the past few years.
Old Nov 8, 2010, 9:40 am

Programs: Avis Pref+, Hyatt Explorist, Marriott Life Gold, Honors Silver, IHG Plat via MC.
Hyatt has never extended the earning season of a major promo such as FFN. In past years they did Sep. 1--Dec. 30 or Oct. 1--Jan. 31, so I bet they deliberately chose this year's dates to exclude Christmas/ New Year!
I too wish they had chosen a Jan. end date because I intend to visit people for the holidays, however most of my relatives live in non-Hyatt areas anyway.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.