Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Hotels and Places to Stay > Hyatt | World of Hyatt
Reload this Page >

Hyatt Regency Suzhou REVIEW - MASTER THREAD

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Hyatt Regency Suzhou REVIEW - MASTER THREAD

Search this Thread

Old Oct 27, 2016, 9:42 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA PLT,AS,UA PP,J6,FB,EY,LH,SQ,HH Dmd,Hyatt Glbl,Marriott Plat,IHG Plat,Accor Gold
Originally Posted by azepine00
Gardens are scattered around the city - you will have to take taxi. HR is good with a nice pool and club in the middle of well developed area - mall nearby, mix of asian and westen food, metro etc.. a convenient but rather generic home base..
Long time ago i stayed at sheraton that got rebranded to pan pacific - it was a very interesting property with a garden next to it. . As a tourist it was a much more interesting place to be..
Thanks very much!
Old Oct 25, 2017, 7:01 am

Programs: UA Plat MM, AA Gold MM, Marriott LTT, Hyatt Globalist
Recent Experiences?

Does anyone have recent experience staying at this hotel?

I have booked 2 nights mid-November here, as a weekend stay from Shanghai. My other options are SPG hotels in Suzhou.
Old Jan 15, 2019, 3:18 pm

Programs: UA1K 2MM and more
Originally Posted by CIT85
Does anyone have recent experience staying at this hotel?

I have booked 2 nights mid-November here, as a weekend stay from Shanghai. My other options are SPG hotels in Suzhou.
I know it's been a while but how was your stay?

I might be out there in February.
Old Jan 16, 2019, 7:12 am

Programs: UA Plat MM, AA Gold MM, Marriott LTT, Hyatt Globalist
Originally Posted by dawg1k
I know it's been a while but how was your stay?

I might be out there in February.
I ended up going with Marriott Suzhou because of location. Hyatt Regency appears to be in a newer business area. Although location of Marriott Suzhou is also kind of on the outer part of tourist areas.
Old Jan 16, 2019, 3:18 pm

Programs: UA1K 2MM and more
OK, thanks for the reply!
Old Jun 17, 2023, 2:33 pm

Programs: Marriott Lifetime Titanium, Hyatt Globalist
I have never stayed here because they game the system on standard suites - they sell them on Ctrip but not on the Hyatt website so globalists can't get upgraded to a suite. They've been doing this for 3 yrs. I have complained w my concierge acknowledging the issue - I think they gave me points as compensation once... And the last GM calling me to apologize and that he'd rectify the situation. He said for me to contact him if I booked. He shortly after left the property and they still game the system. I have never seen a standard suite available and the hotel keeps blaming construction, even though suites are sold on Ctrip.

The Park Hyatt is a 5-10 walk away. Is 30-40% cheaper perhaps but 1000% nicer. Stay away from this property. They game the system. I'm outraged and perplexed Hyatt corporate hasn't stepped in the fox this obvious problem.
Old Oct 25, 2023, 8:36 am

Programs: Hyatt Globalist, Hilton Diamond
Originally Posted by SHLTP
I have never stayed here because they game the system on standard suites - they sell them on Ctrip but not on the Hyatt website so globalists can't get upgraded to a suite. They've been doing this for 3 yrs. I have complained w my concierge acknowledging the issue - I think they gave me points as compensation once... And the last GM calling me to apologize and that he'd rectify the situation. He said for me to contact him if I booked. He shortly after left the property and they still game the system. I have never seen a standard suite available and the hotel keeps blaming construction, even though suites are sold on Ctrip.

The Park Hyatt is a 5-10 walk away. Is 30-40% cheaper perhaps but 1000% nicer. Stay away from this property. They game the system. I'm outraged and perplexed Hyatt corporate hasn't stepped in the fox this obvious problem.
I was looking at a stay in November and facing the same issue. I wanted to apply a TSU as the HR is significantly cheaper than the PH, but denied.
Old Oct 25, 2023, 6:19 pm

Programs: Marriott Lifetime Titanium, Hyatt Globalist
This hotel indeed continues to game the system by selling standard suites on ctirp but never on the Hyatt app - this upgrades are never given.
I've complained to Hyatt and they said they'll rectify. The old GM (since fired) called me and said they'd rectify but never have

It's poor properties like this that make me upset at Hyatt for not forcing them to adhere to policy terms. It makes a mockery of loyalty programs.

I love Hyatt and it's been good to me but too many bad actors like this exist which means I won't go out of my way to requalify.and if I stop getting suites w regularity, I'm jumping ship

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.