Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Hotels and Places to Stay > Hyatt | World of Hyatt
Reload this Page >

No Receipt/Bill available at checkout.

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Search this Thread

Old Jun 22, 2010, 11:34 am
Original Poster

Programs: Not Worthy...

I stayed at the HP Fremont/Silicon Valley 6/19 and upon checkout at the front desk. I was not able to be given a receipt or even confirmation of my Hyatt Gift Check or Credit Card Charge. The computers had all frozen, including the kiosks. After about 10 minutes of failed attempts to get it to print, the manager asked for my email address and said he would send me a receipt as soon as he could.

I have not been sent anything as of 6/22. The stay has not shown up yet on my GP account, but that could still be a while. I also have no charge on the card that I used for the remaining balance as of yet. I was also supposed to receive additional points as they somehow delivered newspapers to every platinum in the hotel except me... two stays in a row and then had none left when I went downstairs and asked for one.

Anyhow, my question being, what steps should I take next and would this be something to complain about for points, or is it just one of those frustrating things you deal with? Has anyone had this kind of problem before? I will be staying at the same property later in the week.
Old Jun 22, 2010, 11:43 am

Programs: United 1P, Delta GM, HH Gold, Hyatt Diamond, Marriott Silver
First off, I can't see how you're getting points for not having a paper delivered. This diamond has stayed at the HP Fremont about 20x and has never gotten a paper delivered (they're on the front desk).

As for the folio, I'd call GP customer service. They'll be able to handle things.
Old Jun 22, 2010, 11:55 am
Original Poster

I dunno about the paper, maybe they were just feeling generous, or perhaps that they physically had no papers left to give when I went and asked for one. If you did not get one in 20 stays I would definitely have complained.
Old Jun 22, 2010, 12:58 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA ExPlat,EX-UA 1K, Hyatt Diamond, SPG Plat,
Originally Posted by MMSB01
I have not been sent anything as of 6/22. The stay has not shown up yet on my GP account, but that could still be a while. I also have no charge on the card that I used for the remaining balance as of yet. I was also supposed to receive additional points as they somehow delivered newspapers to every platinum in the hotel except me... two stays in a row and then had none left when I went downstairs and asked for one.

Anyhow, my question being, what steps should I take next and would this be something to complain about for points, or is it just one of those frustrating things you deal with? Has anyone had this kind of problem before? I will be staying at the same property later in the week.
I stayed last Friday and my point just come in today, so be patient on that.

As far as getting points when there is no newspaper on your door steps... this is something new to me, I think you are pushing abit much on this.

I heard Hyatt in general are going away with newspaper to cut cost and help green.
http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/hyatt...oom-doors.html
Old Jun 22, 2010, 1:08 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UA Gold 1MM, AS 75k, AA Plat, Bonvoyed Gold, Honors Dia, Hyatt Explorer, IHG Plat, ...
I stayed at the HP Fremont/Silicon Valley 6/19 and upon checkout at the front desk. I was not able to be given a receipt or even confirmation of my Hyatt Gift Check or Credit Card Charge. The computers had all frozen, including the kiosks. After about 10 minutes of failed attempts to get it to print, the manager asked for my email address and said he would send me a receipt as soon as he could.
You paid with Hyatt Costco certs and didn't get a receipt? I'd never do that. It's not that I don't trust the Fremont people (on the contrary), but I don't want to get into a he said/she said situation when the certificates are lost or get confused with some other account, especially in a situation where apparently no one can be properly checked out due to a computer/network malfunction. It's just like cash -- I would not leave a pile of cash on the counter and hope that it gets properly applied to my account when the system comes back.

Have you followed up with the hotel? (they do have telephone, I think )
Old Jun 22, 2010, 1:35 pm

Call & ask to speak to the General Manager

John McEntee
General Manager Hyatt Place Fremont/Silicon Valley
510-623-6000
Old Jun 22, 2010, 6:14 pm
Original Poster

As far as getting points when there is no newspaper on your door steps... this is something new to me, I think you are pushing abit much on this.
Interestingly enough I did not request points for this, I just wanted a paper that morning. They offered up the points without any such request. How many it was I have no idea, that's partially why I want to know what my folio says. If they offered me points I don't want them to just vanish thanks to this malfunction. I did not get a paper the prior week either, but went downstairs and they were happy to give me one.

The part about paying with the gift check was indeed what bothered me about them giving me no receipt. However, the correct charge has gone through for the remaining balance. I expect the points/stay credit to take a while still, but assume I will have to change it to miles after this mix up occurred.

Should something like this happen again and you are intending to pay with a gift check, what would you do? I don't expect to pay $10-20 more because their computer is having issues.

I understand they are busy and don't particularly care, but I would not expect them to ask for my email and tell me they would send out a copy of the folio right away, but never do this. Perhaps I am expecting too much out of an HP?
Old Jun 22, 2010, 6:29 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: HH Gold, AA Gold
OP --

Do you have a telephone aversion??? There was a computer malfunction and I'm sure the staff was totally overloaded with manual notes. I would certainly call while the situation is relatively fresh in their minds so that they can send the appropriate receipt and credit the appropriate points.

Then again, FT is by definition a board with a lot of complainers...
Old Jun 22, 2010, 6:37 pm

I stayed at the HR Crystal City last Saturday, and got a "empty" folio with only basic info but not showing any charge or payment. I paid two certs at check-in and they should just cover the whole stay. The points are not posted into my account yet.
Old Jun 22, 2010, 6:42 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UA Gold 1MM, AS 75k, AA Plat, Bonvoyed Gold, Honors Dia, Hyatt Explorer, IHG Plat, ...
The part about paying with the gift check was indeed what bothered me about them giving me no receipt. However, the correct charge has gone through for the remaining balance. I expect the points/stay credit to take a while still, but assume I will have to change it to miles after this mix up occurred.

Should something like this happen again and you are intending to pay with a gift check, what would you do? I don't expect to pay $10-20 more because their computer is having issues.
Well, fortunately it's never happened to me that the computer was down. But as I said, the certs are like cash, and I wouldn't fork over a hundred dollars in cash and hope that it would be applied to the room (and I don't think they'd seriously expect anyone to do that either).

What I could imagine is asking that they hand-write "payment for room #124, June 20, 2010" on to the cert and sign/stamp it, then make a photocopy of the certs for you. That way you have proof you gave them certs, they have a way to later figure out what those certs were for, and everyone should be covered. Again, I am not so much concerned about someone deliberately stealing the certs, but rather that they would get lost/misplaced/misapplied in the shuffle when 100 rooms are checked out without computer.
Old Jun 22, 2010, 7:55 pm

Programs: UA plat, , aa plat, marriott LT titanium
I always get a receipt when I give them the cert- then if there's a problem on check out (which there hasn't been) I have proof.

BTW the manager John is EXCELLENT.
Old Jun 22, 2010, 8:11 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA EXP LT GLD 1MM, BA GLD, NH/UA*G, Hyatt Dia, Marr Tit LT PLT, IHG Spire,HH Dia, MGM NOIR,Hertz PC
Depending how new you guys are to Hyatt and Hyatt Place in particular but there has not been a single stay in the past 18 months where I did not have to call in to Customer Service in order to get things modified or posted in the first place.

If you deal with Hyatt on a regular basis there is one important rule: Make sure your Wireless Plan has enough minutes included !

Last edited by skywalkerLAX; Jun 22, 2010 at 8:49 pm Reason: typo
Old Jun 22, 2010, 8:45 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Sorry want to Hijack this Tread for awhile, there are a lot of FT staying on Fremont Place, we are going have an Afghan's dinner do there.

http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/commu...ay-6-26-a.html
Old Jun 22, 2010, 9:02 pm

Programs: Too Many to Count
I stayed there the same day you did, and they sent me an email about three hours after I checked out, which was at 12:30 PM. Coincidentally, I was in line with 3 other diamonds and all three of us were on mattress runs. ALL THREE of us also were going to use their free nights on the Park Hyatt Tokyo - what a crazy coincidence it was!!!
Old Jun 22, 2010, 9:19 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Last weekend there were about 20+ Diamond stayed in Fremont HP. It is a good place for MR. great Manager and FD people.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.