Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Hotels and Places to Stay > Hyatt | World of Hyatt
Reload this Page >

Time for 3Q 2010 Summer Promo??? (Speculation Thread)

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Time for 3Q 2010 Summer Promo??? (Speculation Thread)

Search this Thread

Old Jul 8, 2010, 9:44 am

Programs: UA 1K
Hilton is running a 3rd Quarter Promo and it looks like Starwood is about to announce a free nights promo for the 3rd quarter. Let's hope Hyatt will do the same with another great one!
Old Jul 8, 2010, 9:55 am

Originally Posted by jschoi
Hilton is running a 3rd Quarter Promo and it looks like Starwood is about to announce a free nights promo for the 3rd quarter. Let's hope Hyatt will do the same with another great one!
*wood has the free nights until July 31 what would they do extend it?
I want to see wood offer the 1 stay this year and count for 1 stay to next years plat. Im already plat for 11 so make me an offer to stay at wood otherwise over to hyatt to add to totals there.
Old Jul 8, 2010, 2:59 pm

Originally Posted by JonathanIT
+1
Old Jul 10, 2010, 10:28 am
skj

Programs: UA 2MM, Hyatt Diamond, SPG Gold
I just got off the phone with the Diamond Line, correcting some prior stays. The agent told me to expect another promo in about a month and a half (around 1 September ?). She said she couldn't share any details, but when I asked if it included more free nights, the answer was yes.
Old Jul 10, 2010, 10:41 am
Moderator: GLBT Travelers & Hyatt Gold Passport

Originally Posted by skj
I just got off the phone with the Diamond Line, correcting some prior stays. The agent told me to expect another promo in about a month and a half (around 1 September ?). She said she couldn't share any details, but when I asked if it included more free nights, the answer was yes.
Sounds like the expected round of FFNs will start early.
Old Jul 10, 2010, 10:51 am
Ambassador: World of Hyatt

I shared this back in Late June with the community when I first heard this could be happening.
I am worn out from these free night promotions in a variety of programs.I am spending more than I want too and taking more trips than I prefer too.Even if the next round comes up I have to work on upping my stays in other programs so I can keep multi top tier status in the other programs.
Of course I will still do yet more stays with Hyatt
How long can it continue?.......I suppose as soft as the economy and business climate overall stays
Old Jul 11, 2010, 6:11 am
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: AA Plat 2MM, MR Gold, Avis Pref
Originally Posted by 777 global mile hound
I shared this back in Late June with the community when I first heard this could be happening.
I am worn out from these free night promotions in a variety of programs.I am spending more than I want too and taking more trips than I prefer too.Even if the next round comes up I have to work on upping my stays in other programs so I can keep multi top tier status in the other programs.
Of course I will still do yet more stays with Hyatt
How long can it continue?.......I suppose as soft as the economy and business climate overall stays
underlined my emphasis

sounds like the promo is working then from Hyatts perspective, i'll guess you are not the only one doing that
Old Jul 11, 2010, 6:47 am

Programs: SPG*P, AA*1MM, UA*1P, Hilton*D, Hyatt*D, Sixt*P, Hertz*P, Avis*F, Delta*G
Originally Posted by TrojanHorse
underlined my emphasis

sounds like the promo is working then from Hyatts perspective, i'll guess you are not the only one doing that
+1
FT made me spend more money.
with all these free nights, i took a couple of unnecessary trips and burned AA miles.
Old Jul 11, 2010, 7:32 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Marriott/Lifetime Titanium Hyatt/Explorist, Hilton/Silver, IHG Spire,UA Gold
Boy, FFN would be AWESOME! My wife and her mother are off to Paris and staying on my points at the PH Vendome (flying business as well...rough life ladies ) for 4 nights...would love to get my 72,000 points back and convert them to FFN's...are you listening Gold Passport?
Old Jul 11, 2010, 7:43 am

Programs: BAGold; AA3MMPlat; UA1MMGold; FBGold; MarriottAmb; AccorPlat; HHGold; ICPlatAmb; HyattDiscoverist
I've been hoping for this. For a variety of reasons, I barely participated in the last one, and felt rather bereft as a result. I'd hope to make up for it (not to mention make those last requalifying stays really count) in the fall.
Old Jul 11, 2010, 1:28 pm

Originally Posted by bsdstone
Boy, FFN would be AWESOME! My wife and her mother are off to Paris and staying on my points at the PH Vendome (flying business as well...rough life ladies ) for 4 nights...would love to get my 72,000 points back and convert them to FFN's...are you listening Gold Passport?
If it does happen - make sure you do the MRing for this in your wife's account - you might run into a lot of trouble doing it in your account since FFNs are not transferrable (unlike point reservations).
Old Jul 12, 2010, 8:14 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Marriott/Lifetime Titanium Hyatt/Explorist, Hilton/Silver, IHG Spire,UA Gold
Originally Posted by peteropny
If it does happen - make sure you do the MRing for this in your wife's account - you might run into a lot of trouble doing it in your account since FFNs are not transferrable (unlike point reservations).
I THINK my wife is on my account...I'll have to look. I made the reservation in points, and they had no problem switching it to her name...now you've got me nervous...am I OK with her using my points if I'm not there?
Old Jul 12, 2010, 8:22 am

Programs: Hyatt Diamond, CO Elite
I THINK my wife is on my account...I'll have to look. I made the reservation in points, and they had no problem switching it to her name...now you've got me nervous...am I OK with her using my points if I'm not there?
You can book a reward nights for her using points, but if you're not there, its possible that the property would deny Diamond benefits such as free breakfast and internet.
Old Jul 12, 2010, 9:01 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Location: AA Plat / UA NOTHING / Alaska 75K / Hyatt Diamond / SPG LT Plat / Marriott Gold / Priority Club Plat / Hertz Pres
I think peter's point was that FFNs are not transferable. You can use points for an award stay (without you being there) for someone besides yourself but not the promo nights. However, if your wife "earned" the promo nights in her account (not yours), she'd be able to use them without you having to be there.
Old Jul 12, 2010, 9:19 am

Yes points are ok - since they are transferable - she might not get the Diamond perks though. FFNs are not transferable - and since this is an International property where they often check passports, you could be asking for trouble since you won't be there.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.