Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Hotels and Places to Stay > Hyatt | World of Hyatt
Reload this Page >

Time for 3Q 2010 Summer Promo??? (Speculation Thread)

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Time for 3Q 2010 Summer Promo??? (Speculation Thread)

Search this Thread

Old Jun 22, 2010, 7:06 pm
Ambassador: World of Hyatt

Lightbulb Never say never?

Originally Posted by gijoe24jp
One thing is for sure, I don't think they will continue to offer those free nights.
Never say never
As a Hyatt insider seems to have heard and shared we will be seeing just that as astonishing as it seems to me based
on the fantastic year this has been already for free night promotions
That said it didn't come from management and I have no idea if they were referring to this summer or Fall as we were discussing Gold Passport promotional opportunties in general.
So this may indeed just be rumor.Though I see no reason someone at Hyatt would say that otherwise
I am certainly not banking on it and quite frankly I need a rest as I push toward 50 stays alone in Gold Passport by September.........

Last edited by 777 global mile hound; Jul 10, 2010 at 10:42 am
Old Jun 22, 2010, 7:50 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UA Gold 1MM, AS 75k, AA Plat, Bonvoyed Gold, Honors Dia, Hyatt Explorer, IHG Plat, ...
Originally Posted by 777 global mile hound
Never say never
As an insider seems to have heard we will be seeing just that as astonishing as it seems to me based
on the fantastic year this has been already for free night promotions
That said it didn't come from management and I have no idea if they were referring to this summer or Fall as we were discussing Gold Passport promotional opportunties in general.So this may indeed just be rumor.Though I see no reason someone would say that otherwise
Well, now that SPG is going out of business, the pressure to run new promos might go away...

(I am kidding, I am kidding...)
Old Jun 22, 2010, 7:55 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA EXP LT GLD 1MM, BA GLD, NH/UA*G, Hyatt Dia, Marr Tit LT PLT, IHG Spire,HH Dia, MGM NOIR,Hertz PC
Whatever they come up with they should maybe present it soon...

I'm about to book my JUL/AUG stays and if nothing is up these will go to Starwood for now. Most of them non-ref as our corporate rate for SPG isnt the best.
Old Jun 22, 2010, 8:13 pm
Moderator: GLBT Travelers & Hyatt Gold Passport

Originally Posted by 777 global mile hound
That said it didn't come from management and I have no idea if they were referring to this summer or Fall as we were discussing Gold Passport promotional opportunties in general.So this may indeed just be rumor.Though I see no reason someone would say that otherwise.
I'm betting on another round of "FFNs" in the fall which is the traditional time for these promos.
Old Jun 22, 2010, 10:07 pm
Hilton Contributor BadgeMarriott Contributor Badge

Originally Posted by TrojanHorse
Well since I've requalified, I have zero incentive to stay with Hyatt anyway unless its a promo that really catches my fancy. And after this current promo, I have quite a sour taste in my mouth with Hyatt right now especially when I have issues using my suite upgrades as well.. no I'm not saying I'm abandoning hyatt in anyway but I do have a sour taste with their promo and suite u/g benefits; enough of a sour taste not to give them any business after requalification unless they give me something good (promo wise) to stay with them. And shucks its only mid june right now.

the only thing that I can think of that will catch my fancy is a miles/points promo or a lot of points promo.. double stay is useless to me; FFN's are useless to me (see below); certain cc promos are useless to me; etc

I hope you are right; I found those absolutely useless this time; I can not find a place to burn one of my FFN's; ok burn is the wrong term; I can burn it at the HP IAD north no problem but of all my trips this spring and summer I came up 0 for and I look every day for my remaining trips and still get zero; No more FFN's for me what a joke it turned out to be this summer
My experiences are quite different. I'm also done with both SPG Plat and Hyatt Diamond qualification this year and if there weren't any promos, I would prefer Hyatt every time I'm on a personal stay, neutral if work is paying, then I go for the best property within the allowance I have. Why? Breakfast, confirmed suites and other amenities. The G offers also make earnings a lot easier than SPG. The only thing SPG Plat offers that Hyatt Diamond doesn't is the 4PM guaranteed check out. On suite upgrades, I have a trump card with confirmed suites with Hyatt. I have just as many suite upgrades with Hyatt as with SPG this year.

Till the next Hyatt promo, I will be racking up some SPG nights even if their promo is not that good. The only good thing about the current SPG offer is the redemption period.

The FFN/BWB hase been 100% successful for me irt redemption. This spring I've enjoyed the Andaz NY several times, PH Vendome and Highlands Inn coming up and of course the PH Aviara. The opportunity to stay at luxury properties with amazing Diamond breakfast any day of the week regardless of category makes this by far the best promo in the hotel loyalty industry.

Heck, it's so good that I have NEVER redeemed a single Hyatt point since I became a member, I've only used FFN nights.
Old Jun 23, 2010, 7:18 am
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: AA Plat 2MM, MR Gold, Avis Pref
Originally Posted by tommy777
My experiences are quite different. I'm also done with both SPG Plat and Hyatt Diamond qualification this year and if there weren't any promos, I would prefer Hyatt every time I'm on a personal stay, neutral if work is paying, then I go for the best property within the allowance I have. Why? Breakfast, confirmed suites and other amenities. The G offers also make earnings a lot easier than SPG. The only thing SPG Plat offers that Hyatt Diamond doesn't is the 4PM guaranteed check out. On suite upgrades, I have a trump card with confirmed suites with Hyatt. I have just as many suite upgrades with Hyatt as with SPG this year.

Till the next Hyatt promo, I will be racking up some SPG nights even if their promo is not that good. The only good thing about the current SPG offer is the redemption period.

The FFN/BWB hase been 100% successful for me irt redemption. This spring I've enjoyed the Andaz NY several times, PH Vendome and Highlands Inn coming up and of course the PH Aviara. The opportunity to stay at luxury properties with amazing Diamond breakfast any day of the week regardless of category makes this by far the best promo in the hotel loyalty industry.

Heck, it's so good that I have NEVER redeemed a single Hyatt point since I became a member, I've only used FFN nights.
unlike you I have had to recently redeem a lot of Hyatt Points b/c the FFN is useless to me; I'm O for the summer so far on FFN redemption; i know in the end i can do X # or every other night at the Reston Hyatt to claim my 1W and raid the club lounge but thats not why I do the promo; I want some good properties that apparantly are not participating or have evidently very few rooms available enough to have me think its not participating; SPG on the other hand, I've had zero issues with redemption; hence why I'm on an SPG run this summer and the extra 1K AA miles per stay sure doesn't hurt either

I'm not arguing your point but i can pretty much offset in gen'l everything above with SPG and as you said the 4 p.m. check out is huge for me; for personal travel; SPG usually beats Hyatt in the places I go; that said and done SPG lurker excluded; the Hyatt customer service is much better than Starwoods

as for the suite upgrades; I'm glad for you; it doesn't work for me
Old Jun 23, 2010, 2:00 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA EXP LT GLD 1MM, BA GLD, NH/UA*G, Hyatt Dia, Marr Tit LT PLT, IHG Spire,HH Dia, MGM NOIR,Hertz PC
unlike you I have had to recently redeem a lot of Hyatt Points b/c the FFN is useless to me; I'm O for the summer so far on FFN redemption; i know in the end i can do X # or every other night at the Reston Hyatt to claim my 1W and raid the club lounge but thats not why I do the promo; I want some good properties that apparantly are not participating or have evidently very few rooms available enough to have me think its not participating; SPG on the other hand, I've had zero issues with redemption; hence why I'm on an SPG run this summer and the extra 1K AA miles per stay sure doesn't hurt either

I'm not arguing your point but i can pretty much offset in gen'l everything above with SPG and as you said the 4 p.m. check out is huge for me; for personal travel; SPG usually beats Hyatt in the places I go; that said and done SPG lurker excluded; the Hyatt customer service is much better than Starwoods

as for the suite upgrades; I'm glad for you; it doesn't work for me
Is there really no way for you to push this issue with the BWB ? I was in the same situation and told the CSR at Consumer Affairs I do not accept that I can book my stay with points but not with my BWB nights. I'm at 28 stays YTD and if someone screws with me I shift my business elsewhere for the remainder of the year. It was no problem after that call to redeem my BWB as long as there are points available, now I am still sitting on 3 of them. I would go nuts if I had to burn these nights at a Hyatt Place fo no reason.
Old Jun 23, 2010, 2:58 pm
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: AA Plat 2MM, MR Gold, Avis Pref
Originally Posted by skywalkerLAX
Is there really no way for you to push this issue with the BWB ? I was in the same situation and told the CSR at Consumer Affairs I do not accept that I can book my stay with points but not with my BWB nights. I'm at 28 stays YTD and if someone screws with me I shift my business elsewhere for the remainder of the year. It was no problem after that call to redeem my BWB as long as there are points available, now I am still sitting on 3 of them. I would go nuts if I had to burn these nights at a Hyatt Place fo no reason.
Well I've called at random over the past month or so to no avail; I don't call every day but I guess I should if anything just to bother them at a minimum; the least I can do for not being able to use these FFN's

the points I used were booked at the inflated club level rate or something like that.. maybe it was a room with a view, I don't recall but its not at the standard rate which explains why I can't get a FFN there
Old Jun 23, 2010, 5:20 pm
Suspended

I have 20 stays done this year. With so many free nights it's gonna be hard for me to get 5 more PAID stays in to be diamond with hyatt

Do the experts out there think we will see another double stay credit in 2010?
Old Jun 24, 2010, 4:14 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Marriott/Lifetime Titanium Hyatt/Explorist, Hilton/Silver, IHG Spire,UA Gold
Originally Posted by SkiUtah
I have 20 stays done this year. With so many free nights it's gonna be hard for me to get 5 more PAID stays in to be diamond with hyatt

Do the experts out there think we will see another double stay credit in 2010?
I don't know if I qualify as an "expert" here, but I would be surprised if we don't see some sort of double stays promo by years end.
Old Jun 24, 2010, 4:46 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Well I've called at random over the past month or so to no avail; I don't call every day but I guess I should if anything just to bother them at a minimum; the least I can do for not being able to use these FFN's

the points I used were booked at the inflated club level rate or something like that.. maybe it was a room with a view, I don't recall but its not at the standard rate which explains why I can't get a FFN there
I see. It is indeed annoying.

IMHO if a Diamond is required to book the Club Level Rate he should get a Suite Upgrade.
Old Jun 24, 2010, 4:50 pm

Originally Posted by bsdstone
I don't know if I qualify as an "expert" here, but I would be surprised if we don't see some sort of double stays promo by years end.
I sure hope not, at 25 stays Hyatt sure is an easy program to get diamond in.
Old Jun 24, 2010, 5:09 pm
Moderator: GLBT Travelers & Hyatt Gold Passport

Originally Posted by gomike
I sure hope not, at 25 stays Hyatt sure is an easy program to get diamond in.
Count me in this camp - especially coupled with the double stay credits in Jan and the aborted "Instant Plat - Fasttrack Diamond".

I guess my feelings are that 50/50 chance of them running another double stay credit promo though.
Old Jun 24, 2010, 5:38 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UA Gold 1MM, AS 75k, AA Plat, Bonvoyed Gold, Honors Dia, Hyatt Explorer, IHG Plat, ...
Originally Posted by peteropny
Count me in this camp - especially coupled with the double stay credits in Jan and the aborted "Instant Plat - Fasttrack Diamond".

I guess my feelings are that 50/50 chance of them running another double stay credit promo though.
Well, given that I am set with Diamond until Feb 2012, I have no interest in double stay promo for the rest of the year. I'd be okay with them deferring that until next year
Old Jun 24, 2010, 7:30 pm

I hope Hyatt would have another round of AA promotion....

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.