Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Hotels and Places to Stay > Hyatt | World of Hyatt
Reload this Page >

Rate is confidential? (some rate codes; also award stay+TSU)

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Search this Thread

Old May 19, 2010, 6:08 am
Original Poster

While I was trying to book a room at at a hotel in the US with a "Special Offer Code", "Rate is Confidential" message showed up ... what does it exactly mean?
Old May 20, 2010, 7:59 am

I got the same message when looking up the LGBT10 offer at Grand Champions. It sounds like an IT issue.
Old May 20, 2010, 8:43 am

Programs: UA,AA
Maybe the Special Rate is a surprise rate, did you try to book it anyway?
Old May 20, 2010, 8:53 am

Programs: AA ExP, Hyatt Diamond, MR Platinum, PC Platinum, SPG Platinum, HH Gold
Originally Posted by DealDetective
I got the same message when looking up the LGBT10 offer at Grand Champions. It sounds like an IT issue.
So what rate do you get using lgbt10?
Old May 20, 2010, 11:03 am

Originally Posted by zacktravel
So what rate do you get using lgbt10?
I don't know. It's confidential.
PDXpress and symbols like this.
Old May 20, 2010, 8:37 pm
Moderator: Luxury Hotels and FlyerTalk Evangelist

That's just silly, it's gotta be a bug. Did you call reservations? That would be the next logical step.
Old Dec 18, 2020, 9:28 am

Programs: AA EXP, BA Gold, VS Gold, Hyatt Globalist, Marriott Platinum, Hilton Diamond
Digging up an old thread... I'm using the Costco corporate code but I'm seeing the same "Rate is Confidential" notice when I click through from the search page (which shows a daily rate number).

Any idea how to get the actual rate? It also shows "Rate is Confidential" on the confirmation.
Old Dec 18, 2020, 12:43 pm
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: A3*Gold, SPG Plat, HyattDiamond, MarriottPP, LHW exAccess, ICI, Raffles Amb, NW PE MM, TWA Gold MM
I've had "rate is confidential" on reservations when my travel is being paid and they book the hotel for me and set it up to be billed directly, perhaps with an invoice. I assume it's a corporate rate of some sort.
fotoflyer88 and cfabar1 like this.
Old Dec 18, 2020, 3:03 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA EXP LT GLD 1MM, BA GLD, NH/UA*G, Hyatt Dia, Marr Tit LT PLT, IHG Spire,HH Dia, MGM NOIR,Hertz PC
I get it often when using corporate rates with Hyatt, It shows up as *C* however I can obviously access both price and rate details. Has been this way for years. Just ignore it!
Old Feb 12, 2022, 6:52 am
formerly a193991
Hyatt 5+ BadgeHilton Contributor Badge

Programs: Hyatt LT Globalist; LX SEN (*A Gold), AA LTG, SBB-CFF-FFS First Class GA
First time I have seen this. Using my corporate rate. I booked it, just to see if the rate will ever be revealed. But NO, no idea what I'd be paying. nowhere in the whole process the rate is shown.
That's a bit weird. wondering if I should just try it out. I presume it will be cheaper than the standard rate.
The corporation has a volume pricing for this location.

projectmaximus likes this.
Old Feb 12, 2022, 8:19 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Hilton Contributor BadgeMarriott Contributor Badge

Programs: HH Diamond, Marriott LTPP/Platinum Premier, Hyatt Lame-ist, UA !K
Originally Posted by 59Impala
First time I have seen this. Using my corporate rate. I booked it, just to see if the rate will ever be revealed. But NO, no idea what I'd be paying. nowhere in the whole process the rate is shown.
That's a bit weird. wondering if I should just try it out. I presume it will be cheaper than the standard rate.
The corporation has a volume pricing for this location.

Sounds kinky. Likely you'll eventually find out given if you're be paying by company credit card. If not, then you should be able to backsolve based on the base points you earn.

David
Old Feb 12, 2022, 8:37 am

Programs: Hyatt Globalist
I've seen this before as well, and twitter was able to solve the issue for me. In my case, the hotel had loaded some rates wrong.
Old Feb 12, 2022, 9:26 am
formerly a193991
Hyatt 5+ BadgeHilton Contributor Badge

Programs: Hyatt LT Globalist; LX SEN (*A Gold), AA LTG, SBB-CFF-FFS First Class GA
I actually was also not able to cancel or change the reservation. Had to call CS. She was surprised to not see a price either at first glance, but told me she‘ll do some digging and then found the rate. It was 642 vs the standard rate of 753 or similar.
Old Feb 12, 2022, 1:14 pm

Programs: MB Ambassador, WOH Globalist, HH Diamond (Aspire), AA Gold, UA (*G) Gold
Originally Posted by 59Impala
I actually was also not able to cancel or change the reservation. Had to call CS. She was surprised to not see a price either at first glance, but told me she‘ll do some digging and then found the rate. It was 642 vs the standard rate of 753 or similar.
Wait, I'm sorry - why in the world is the Hyatt Regency Atlanta that expensive?
Old Feb 12, 2022, 1:49 pm

Originally Posted by ElevatorEnthusiast
Wait, I'm sorry - why in the world is the Hyatt Regency Atlanta that expensive?
He booked the premium suite.
ElevatorEnthusiast likes this.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.