Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Hotels and Places to Stay > Hyatt | World of Hyatt
Reload this Page >

AA miles bonus (3k/stay - up to 5 w/10k bonus = 25k total) - 5/3-7/5/10

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

AA miles bonus (3k/stay - up to 5 w/10k bonus = 25k total) - 5/3-7/5/10

Search this Thread

Old May 3, 2010, 3:57 pm

Originally Posted by SanDiego1K
You rang?

Choosing Hyatt points:

5 stays x diamond amenity
5 stays x base points for money spent
5 stays x any relevant Gx bonus
5 stays / 2 = 2 1/2 BWB nights

Choosing AA points
5 stays x 500 pt AA base miles
5 stays x 3000 AA bonus/stay
1 bonus of 10K AA miles

If you have more than 5 stays during the promo window, I would chose the ones to credit to AA that either have no Gx bonus or the lowest Gx bonus.
Haha! I did! Thanks for the rapid reply! And, further to your response: Holy cow! You mean I can cherry-pick the individual stays, saving the ones with G bonuses for Hyatt points?!! I [foolishly] assumed that it had to be the first five consecutive stays from enrollment! Thanks for the even better angle!
Old May 3, 2010, 4:02 pm
Community Director Emerita

Originally Posted by ttrltb
You mean I can cherry-pick the individual stays, saving the ones with G bonuses for Hyatt points?!! I [foolishly] assumed that it had to be the first five consecutive stays from enrollment! Thanks for the even better angle!
Absolutely, cherry pick away. I generally choose stays without any Gx bonus to go to an airline miles promo. It has been UA for the past few months, but now I will chose 5 stays to go to AA. Honestly, I lose less than 500 points per Hyatt Place stay as I work hard to find inexpensive ones. With this strategy, I get far more in airline miles value than I give up in Hyatt points.
Old May 3, 2010, 5:59 pm

Well, hot-diggity-dog! Thanks, SD1K!
Old May 3, 2010, 6:08 pm
Moderator: GLBT Travelers & Hyatt Gold Passport
Original Poster

Originally Posted by ttrltb
Well, hot-diggity-dog! Thanks, SD1K!
Better yet - you can even cherry-pick after the fact - by having the stays post to points automatically and then convert the "right" ones to AA miles after the fact - that is if you don't know if your stays are going to have Gx bonuses.
Old May 3, 2010, 8:28 pm

Programs: IHG Spire Elite; Hyatt Platinum; SPG Preferred+; Club Carlson Gold; SW CP
Originally Posted by peteropny
Better yet - you can even cherry-pick after the fact - by having the stays post to points automatically and then convert the "right" ones to AA miles after the fact - that is if you don't know if your stays are going to have Gx bonuses.
Forgive my ignorance... Don't you have to enter the Gx code when booking to get the Gx bonus points and therefore you would know whether or not your stay will get a Gx bonus?
Old May 3, 2010, 8:33 pm
Moderator: GLBT Travelers & Hyatt Gold Passport
Original Poster

Originally Posted by meecal
Forgive my ignorance... Don't you have to enter the Gx code when booking to get the Gx bonus points and therefore you would know whether or not your stay will get a Gx bonus?
It's not necessary to enter Gx when booking - it actually doesn't really do anything - you need to mention it at check-in. But back on topic, I meant that they might not know which properties they're going to be staying at - to choose either the miles or the points.
Old May 3, 2010, 9:09 pm
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: AA Plat 2MM, MR Gold, Avis Pref
Originally Posted by SanDiego1K
You rang?

Choosing Hyatt points:

5 stays x base points for money spent
5 stays x any relevant Gx bonus

Choosing AA points
5 stays x 500 pt AA base miles
5 stays x 3000 AA bonus/stay
1 bonus of 10K AA miles

If you have more than 5 stays during the promo window, I would chose the ones to credit to AA that either have no Gx bonus or the lowest Gx bonus.
On Hyatt points are you missing

5 stays X 30% diamond bonus on your base points for money spent?

On AA

I just checked in and it is late here on the east coast, the lady asks if I want the diamond amenity and I say points please then it registers in my head and I said, skip that I want AA miles. She says you won't get your diamond amenity; and asks if I still want AA miles.. I said yes I want AA miles but said I thought I still got my diamond amenity.. she says not if you choose miles.. so after a couple minutes of this, I just give her my AA number and then figure I'll fight it after the five stays post

Now let me ask.. is the diamond amenity a given, is it in the T&C's, did the GP conceirge state this or is it just something that the CSR's are giving and we should just accept what they want to give us as they do not have to give us the diamond amenity?

RE Cherry picking > just did my cherry picking schedule for the month for my 8 booked stays; One with out any Gx at a HP; one with a G2 but its a Sunday - Thur G2 but i've read that you can get this bonus at this property on the weekend.. but what the heck.. why risk it.. just take the miles here; two at a G1 HP and finally tonight at a G3.. that was the best I could do.. the rest of my stays are G2 (2X) and a G3 (1X); gotta love this.. assuming the miles post properly; the diamond points post at all; I get stay credit; and FFN credit.. this is really having my cake and eating it too.. plus in between.. my spg stays will get 1000 bonus AA miles.. and 1/3 of a SPG FFN credit..

Life is good during a recession if you have a job and can travel

Last edited by TrojanHorse; May 3, 2010 at 9:20 pm
Old May 3, 2010, 9:22 pm

Programs: UA 2MM, AA 600k, DL 500k, Hyatt GP 1M, HH Gold, Rad. Gold, CP Gold, Miracle Fruit-su Club
You deserve your Diamond amenity points. Diamond customer service is your shortest path. HP and SS late night receptionists often seem to be the least trained about this.
Old May 3, 2010, 9:26 pm
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: AA Plat 2MM, MR Gold, Avis Pref
Originally Posted by Firewind
You deserve your Diamond amenity points. Diamond customer service is your shortest path. HP and SS late night receptionists often seem to be the least trained about this.
I would agree.. but i'm at a full service property right now and one that is a bit pricey at that
Old May 3, 2010, 9:38 pm

Programs: MR-Amb, Hyatt-Globalist, AA-EXP
Originally Posted by TrojanHorse
I would agree.. but i'm at a full service property right now and one that is a bit pricey at that
It probably wouldn't have posted right anyway, so I wouldn't worry about it and just call to have it added in a week or so.
Old May 3, 2010, 10:00 pm

Proof of registration?

Called and registered for this incredible addition to the already excellent promo... "Kudos" is not enough for Hyatt! Asked CSR if I could get a confirmation e-mail showing I'd registered. He indicated that it would show in my account as having registered. Can't seem to find this anywhere. Can someone please menu me to the correct location? (Or was this information inconsistent with reality?) Thanks!
Old May 3, 2010, 10:03 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Most
Originally Posted by TrojanHorse
When you choose the miles the property cannot post the Diamond amenity automatically at all. You need to call after the stay has posted to get it added.
Old May 3, 2010, 11:16 pm

This is what I am planning on doing:

I have a local Hyatt Summerfield close to where I live. It is currently offering a room rate of $64 on weekends ($72 with tax). I can book 4 stays in May for a total cost of $288. If I pay for these with Costco certs then my total cost will come down to $248. The June rates are currently higher but I did see a rate of $79 ($90 with tax). So I can get my 5th stay for $80 with Costco cert. Hence total out of pocket expense $328.

I already have 3 stays in the BWB period so after 5 more stays I should have 27.5K miles and 4 free nights + 2500 GP points (diamond amenity).

There are some pre-paid rates on hyatt.com which are $6 cheaper but i believe they don't qualify as eligible rates. Don't want to risk saving $6 and not qualify as an eligible rate.

Do you see any problems with the above plan.

Cheers
Old May 3, 2010, 11:24 pm

Programs: WN A+/CP, UA1K, AA PP; Hyatt Globalist, HH Diamond, SPG Plat; National EE
Originally Posted by svasandani
This is what I am planning on doing:

I have a local Hyatt Summerfield close to where I live. It is currently offering a room rate of $64 on weekends ($72 with tax). I can book 4 stays in May for a total cost of $288. If I pay for these with Costco certs then my total cost will come down to $248. The June rates are currently higher but I did see a rate of $79 ($90 with tax). So I can get my 5th stay for $80 with Costco cert. Hence total out of pocket expense $328.

I already have 3 stays in the BWB period so after 5 more stays I should have 27.5K miles and 4 free nights + 2500 GP points (diamond amenity).

There are some pre-paid rates on hyatt.com which are $6 cheaper but i believe they don't qualify as eligible rates. Don't want to risk saving $6 and not qualify as an eligible rate.

Do you see any problems with the above plan.

Cheers
Perhaps SD1K or Peter can chime in, but I thought pre-paid rates on hyatt's website counted for these promotions. By way of experience, I booked prepaid stays back in December and January on the hyatt website and they counted for the necessary WN promos and FFN promo occurring at the time along with corresponding, Gx bonuses, welcome bonus, etc etc etc. Looks like a good plan - have fun!
Old May 3, 2010, 11:34 pm

Originally Posted by honey4life12
Perhaps SD1K or Peter can chime in, but I thought pre-paid rates on hyatt's website counted for these promotions. By way of experience, I booked prepaid stays back in December and January on the hyatt website and they counted for the necessary WN promos and FFN promo occurring at the time along with corresponding, Gx bonuses, welcome bonus, etc etc etc. Looks like a good plan - have fun!
Thanks for the feedback. It is good to know that the pre-paid rate counts. However, how do you pay for it using a Hyatt GC purchased at costco which saves $10 instead of $6. Also, there is possibility that some business travel comes up and I can then cancel a regular reservation but with pre-paid I am stuck. It may be useful in June where I see a diff of $25 between prepaid and regular rates.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.