FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - AA miles bonus (3k/stay - up to 5 w/10k bonus = 25k total) - 5/3-7/5/10
Old May 3, 2010, 9:09 pm
TrojanHorse
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: AA Plat 2MM, MR Gold, Avis Pref
Originally Posted by SanDiego1K
You rang?

Choosing Hyatt points:

5 stays x diamond amenity
5 stays x base points for money spent
5 stays x any relevant Gx bonus
5 stays / 2 = 2 1/2 BWB nights

Choosing AA points
5 stays x diamond amenity
5 stays x 500 pt AA base miles
5 stays x 3000 AA bonus/stay
1 bonus of 10K AA miles
5 stays / 2 = 2 1/2 BWB nights

If you have more than 5 stays during the promo window, I would chose the ones to credit to AA that either have no Gx bonus or the lowest Gx bonus.
On Hyatt points are you missing

5 stays X 30% diamond bonus on your base points for money spent?

On AA

I just checked in and it is late here on the east coast, the lady asks if I want the diamond amenity and I say points please then it registers in my head and I said, skip that I want AA miles. She says you won't get your diamond amenity; and asks if I still want AA miles.. I said yes I want AA miles but said I thought I still got my diamond amenity.. she says not if you choose miles.. so after a couple minutes of this, I just give her my AA number and then figure I'll fight it after the five stays post

Now let me ask.. is the diamond amenity a given, is it in the T&C's, did the GP conceirge state this or is it just something that the CSR's are giving and we should just accept what they want to give us as they do not have to give us the diamond amenity?

RE Cherry picking > just did my cherry picking schedule for the month for my 8 booked stays; One with out any Gx at a HP; one with a G2 but its a Sunday - Thur G2 but i've read that you can get this bonus at this property on the weekend.. but what the heck.. why risk it.. just take the miles here; two at a G1 HP and finally tonight at a G3.. that was the best I could do.. the rest of my stays are G2 (2X) and a G3 (1X); gotta love this.. assuming the miles post properly; the diamond points post at all; I get stay credit; and FFN credit.. this is really having my cake and eating it too.. plus in between.. my spg stays will get 1000 bonus AA miles.. and 1/3 of a SPG FFN credit..

Life is good during a recession if you have a job and can travel

Last edited by TrojanHorse; May 3, 2010 at 9:20 pm