Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Hotels and Places to Stay > Hyatt | World of Hyatt
Reload this Page >

48 Hour Sale Today (and Tomorrow)

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Search this Thread

Old Apr 13, 2010, 1:46 am
Original Poster

Looks like there is another 48 hour sale starting this morning, but this time it includes all hotels not just the resorts. Here is the link:

http://www.hyatt.com/hyatt/specials/...y_48hour_hppsb

It doesn't seem like all properties have it loaded yet though. And it is a pre-paid rate.
Old Apr 13, 2010, 2:04 am
Original Poster

OK there seems to be a little glitch in the booking system for the 48 hour sale where the suites are coming up at the same price as the base rooms. Not all of them, but I'm currently looking at the Ocean Suite in Kauai which is being offered at $259 a night, regular $912. The Corner suites at the Hyatt Mission Bay are also showing up as the same price as the base rooms.

Hope somebody gets to take advantage of this.
Old Apr 13, 2010, 5:22 am

Programs: AA/EP, PC/RA
Hotel i've already booked went down a whole 5$
Old Apr 13, 2010, 6:33 am

Programs: Hilton Diamond, national executive elite,
The CLearwater beach Hyatt says it is taking 30% off their rates on their Facebook site, I was going to book it yesterday At $265 a night but thought I would wait until today for the sale. Now the rate is $220. THis dosen't sound like it's the 30% off.
Old Apr 13, 2010, 8:46 am
Suspended

Programs: AA EXP,MR PP,Hyatt Diam, SPG Plat,PC Plat, HH Gold, National EE
Nice

Hyatt Morristown is $59 ($64 for Studio Suite) as opposed to $119 so 50% off. Checked April 30th and May 1.
Old Apr 13, 2010, 9:26 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UAPlat; *Gold; Hyatt Diam; SPG Plat; PWP goddess
Originally Posted by travelismylife
Hyatt Morristown is $59 ($64 for Studio Suite) as opposed to $119 so 50% off. Checked April 30th and May 1.
That is a great rate!^
Old Apr 13, 2010, 9:41 am

Programs: AA Executive PLatinum CO Platinum DL Gold Hyatt Diamond Hilton no more :)
Originally Posted by spkg
Hotel i've already booked went down a whole 5$
Hotel I didn't book yesterday went down $42 Hoo-ray for me.
Old Apr 13, 2010, 10:00 am

Originally Posted by giggy
Hotel I didn't book yesterday went down $42 Hoo-ray for me.
Hoo-ray for you and thanks to vangrizz!
Old Apr 13, 2010, 11:32 am
Moderator: Luxury Hotels and FlyerTalk Evangelist

GH NY, no change. Andaz Wall St, down about $17.50 from the rate I am on, but over $50 from the "hyatt daily rate." That latter would be worth it in return for prepay.

Good find!
Old Apr 13, 2010, 11:43 am
Ambassador: Alaska Airlines

Programs: AS MVP Gold
It seems that most of the properties I've looked at have 48-hour sale rates identical to the available (cancelable, non-prepaid, check certificate-eligible) AAA rates. Several properties have rates that are significantly higher than what I'm already holding or even prior LTO's.

So far doesn't seem to be that great a sale. Would be interested to see if people find anything really spectacular.
Old Apr 13, 2010, 12:06 pm

Programs: Hyatt Diamond, SPG Gold, IC, FPC, CO & UA dirt, 1K wannabe
Originally Posted by baliktad
It seems that most of the properties I've looked at have 48-hour sale rates identical to the available (cancelable, non-prepaid, check certificate-eligible) AAA rates. Several properties have rates that are significantly higher than what I'm already holding or even prior LTO's.

So far doesn't seem to be that great a sale. Would be interested to see if people find anything really spectacular.
I'm seeing some really good rates for better quality rooms.

Example: San Francisco Hyatt Regency - Regency Club Balcony Room is $159.20, Hyatt Daily Rate shows $299.

Note that the Deluxe, Bayview, Business Plan and Embarcadero rooms are all also $159.20. I noted similar pricing at other Hyatts.

Just found Hyatt Regency Century Plaza - Century Suite is $215.20, HDR is $469.

If you don't look at the nicer rooms, you miss the nicer deals...

Last edited by pdx_fam; Apr 13, 2010 at 12:15 pm Reason: Added Century Plaza info
Old Apr 13, 2010, 12:08 pm

Location: LAX-- But I'd rather be on Brokeback Mountain. United 1K! Other
Programs: RCC,HHonors Diamond,HGVC Elite,SPG Plat,Hyatt Diamond,Nat'l Emerald Exec Elite, Disney Premier Pass
Not to mention that as a prepaid rate, Costco certs can't be used at check out (yes I know there is some YMMV on this). So there is an additional 20% to consider off of other rates when making comparisons.
Old Apr 13, 2010, 12:22 pm

Programs: AA Executive PLatinum CO Platinum DL Gold Hyatt Diamond Hilton no more :)
Originally Posted by JonathanIT
Not to mention that as a prepaid rate, Costco certs can't be used at check out (yes I know there is some YMMV on this). So there is an additional 20% to consider off of other rates when making comparisons.
Speaking of YMMV, and this might help others.... I called hotel FD and asked if they would "hold" that rate for me, so I could use the costco checks. Was told no, it has to be booked on-line (BUT) they would reverse the card charge and except the checks at checkout. Again YMMV, I got her name. Maybe this will work for others if you're nice
Old Apr 13, 2010, 1:04 pm

Programs: Marriott Platinum Hyatt Diamond Hilton Gold SPG Gold National Executive Avis Preferred Hertz Gold
Originally Posted by giggy
Speaking of YMMV, and this might help others.... I called hotel FD and asked if they would "hold" that rate for me, so I could use the costco checks. Was told no, it has to be booked on-line (BUT) they would reverse the card charge and except the checks at checkout. Again YMMV, I got her name. Maybe this will work for others if you're nice
Great idea--however in my circumstance the lady answering the phone was less than helpful---I'll just connect you to central reservation and they see the same screens as we do. No this issue needs to be discussed with someone at your specific hotel---we only have two persons in this department and one is out sick and the other is taking a day off I can connect you to voice mail--OK fine I get a reservation manager's voice mail only to get disconnected after hearing her message and attempting to leave a message. While there are terrific personnel at Hyatt properties this lady (Tiara at the Hyatt Bonaventure in Florida) is definitely going through the motions and isn't up on customer service. I currently have a AAA rate of $111 a night and the 48 hour sale brings the rate down to $89+tax---since I want to use Hyatt gift certificates I would save $66. I hope this front desk person isn't indicative of the service I will experience at this hotel next month on three seperate stays. I'll probably try to reach a reservations manager tomorrow and try to see if they are willing to reverse the credit card charge and allow me to use my certificates. Tiara didn't seem to want to even hear an explanation as to why I wanted to speak with someone at the hotel about my specific situation. Sad.
Old Apr 13, 2010, 1:32 pm

Originally Posted by derby44
Great idea--however in my circumstance the lady answering the phone was less than helpful---I'll just connect you to central reservation and they see the same screens as we do. No this issue needs to be discussed with someone at your specific hotel---we only have two persons in this department and one is out sick and the other is taking a day off I can connect you to voice mail--OK fine I get a reservation manager's voice mail only to get disconnected after hearing her message and attempting to leave a message. While there are terrific personnel at Hyatt properties this lady (Tiara at the Hyatt Bonaventure in Florida) is definitely going through the motions and isn't up on customer service. I currently have a AAA rate of $111 a night and the 48 hour sale brings the rate down to $89+tax---since I want to use Hyatt gift certificates I would save $66. I hope this front desk person isn't indicative of the service I will experience at this hotel next month on three seperate stays. I'll probably try to reach a reservations manager tomorrow and try to see if they are willing to reverse the credit card charge and allow me to use my certificates. Tiara didn't seem to want to even hear an explanation as to why I wanted to speak with someone at the hotel about my specific situation. Sad.
funny thats the Hotel i'm staying at tommorrow and the one I called. Guess that FT adage hang up and call again applies

Last edited by giggy; Apr 13, 2010 at 1:45 pm Reason: sp

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.