Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Hotels and Places to Stay > Hyatt | World of Hyatt
Reload this Page >

Andaz San Diego REVIEW - MASTER THREAD

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Andaz San Diego REVIEW - MASTER THREAD

Search this Thread

Old Dec 6, 2023, 6:21 pm

Programs: Aeroplan, Hyatt
Stayed back in July 2023 for 2n using points. I am a globalist.

There was no availability until about 3 weeks out - playing games their inventory I presume.

Wasn't upgraded to any suites but to the king bed deluxe room which sufficed for my stay. Had to proactively reach out to them 2 days prior.

Globalist benefits are not well explained at this hotel. The breakfast policy is exactly as others have mentioned but they hinted to me that we could essentially get as much as we wanted. Amounts below were 100% comped as per globalist benefits.

We were at The Shay just prior to this and found the food a few levels poorer when compared to The Shay in terms of quality and taste.

Breakfast 1: $124.58 total.
Breakfast 2: $83.50 total. (taste-wise, it was just ok so we ate less)

Last edited by loyaltyflyer; Dec 6, 2023 at 6:27 pm
Old Dec 6, 2023, 6:47 pm

Those prices are beyond absurd if you were actually paying. The little plate of fruit is effectively almost $11. Good lord. That food should be comically delicious at those prices.
Old Dec 7, 2023, 9:56 am
Hyatt Contributor Badge

As someone on this forum told me once before de gustibus non est disputandum

I find the Andaz breakfast superior to the GH lounge offering. In fact, I've had breakfast at the Andaz without having stayed as the food is delicious, they have excellent cold brew, it's a rooftop, and usually has no wait unlike the vast majority of downtown SD breakfast joints.
The pricing is on par for the area. And the service at the Andaz is superb!
Tino and sw1x like this.
Old Dec 7, 2023, 9:59 am

Programs: UA 1K/2MM, SPG/Marriott Lifetime Titanium, Lifetime HHonors Diamond, Hyatt Globalist, AA Exec Plat
Originally Posted by kevinjm
As someone on this forum told me once before de gustibus non est disputandum

I find the Andaz breakfast superior to the GH lounge offering. In fact, I've had breakfast at the Andaz without having stayed as the food is delicious, they have excellent cold brew, it's a rooftop, and usually has no wait unlike the vast majority of downtown SD breakfast joints.
The pricing is on par for the area. And the service at the Andaz is superb!
I agree that the breakfast on the rooftop at the Andaz is excellent, for those times that I have stayed at this hotel
sw1x and gadberry like this.
Old Jan 17, 2024, 7:39 am

Programs: Hyatt Globalist, AS MVP Gold 100K, Hilton Diamond(Amex), Marriott Platinum
Just finished a two day stay. Had an interior facing room, upgraded on day of arrival to Andaz Suite as a globalist. Noise did not interfere with our sleep. The homeless situation is much improved from our last stay. Area around the post office only had a few tents and no homeless across the street from the hotel. Rooftop breakfast was excellent.
gadberry and madmanshoney like this.
Old Jan 29, 2024, 11:57 pm

Staying here now...any tips on getting the Chromecast to work here??
Old Jan 30, 2024, 6:57 am
Hyatt Contributor Badge

Originally Posted by ZBigFam
Staying here now...any tips on getting the Chromecast to work here??
If I remember correctly, you have to change the input manually using the input button on the remote. You can’t access it from the usual Hyatt interface. Otherwise it’s a channel on the guide. Good luck!
Old Jan 30, 2024, 7:21 am

Originally Posted by kevinjm
If I remember correctly, you have to change the input manually using the input button on the remote. You can’t access it from the usual Hyatt interface. Otherwise it’s a channel on the guide. Good luck!
Appreciate that...yes you are right...alas still no luck though.

There should be a separate thread on Chromecast quirks at Hyatt hotels lol
Old Feb 3, 2024, 5:21 pm

Stayed here 3 nights...could never get the Chromecast to work.
nicest glob perk here was that I could order my glob breakfast to my room with no issue. Breakfast is some of the best around, highly recommend the Andaz specialty potatoes.

Homeless situation is definitely better than it was a year or so ago. Still bad but better.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.