Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Hotels and Places to Stay > Hyatt | World of Hyatt
Reload this Page >

Grand Hyatt DFW in the top 25 hotels in annual TripAdvisor listing.

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Search this Thread

Old Feb 9, 2010, 8:55 am
Original Poster

Programs: Marriott LT Plat, Hyatt Platinum

Hmmm - Dallas.

I have never been there, so perhaps it is truly fabulous. But to beat out somewhere - like - I don't know - Gainey Ranch? Wow. I better get to Dallas.

here is the link.....

http://www.tripadvisor.com/Travelers...st-g191-cTop25

let the fun begin!
Old Feb 9, 2010, 9:20 am
Suspended

I'm not sure what it is about Trip Advisor, but their rankings seem to often be a poor representation of the hotel quality at least based on how I personally rank hotels. I get the sense that often their rankings are skewed by extreme budget hotels or hotels that a large number of visitors stay at, and the rankings for smaller, high quality hotels tend to suffer as a result.
Old Feb 9, 2010, 9:53 am

Programs: UA, AA, LH, Hyatt, Hilton, Marriott, Hertz
Originally Posted by oc2005
I'm not sure what it is about Trip Advisor, but their rankings seem to often be a poor representation of the hotel quality at least based on how I personally rank hotels. I get the sense that often their rankings are skewed by extreme budget hotels or hotels that a large number of visitors stay at, and the rankings for smaller, high quality hotels tend to suffer as a result.
From what I understand their rankings are based on the average grade hotels get in different categories. That being said, hotels that get more traffic are more likely to have more reviews and if they are doing a good job they have a great chance to be "a great value" according to Trip Advisor. After all, one bad review out of 10 total reviews is much more damaging than 1/100 or 1/1000.

Regarding GH-DFW I stayed at this hotel several times and had a great (not just good) experience every single time - suite ugs w/o using diamond ug certs, all requests fulfilled promptly, etc. However, I still would not rank this hotel in the top 25 in the US.
Old Feb 9, 2010, 10:31 am

The hotel is nice I suppose, but seriously, location is key. This GH isn't even in Dallas, it's at DFW airport, which is a good 30-40 min away. What's next to an airport? You guessed it, nothing...
Old Feb 9, 2010, 10:34 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

The big selling point of this hotel is that you can finish a meeting one hour before departure time and still make your flight without major stress.
Top 25 airport hotels? Yes, OK, it would be in that group.
Top 25 hotels? Well..... I am sure not even the GM of the Grand Hyatt DFW would give it that rating.
Old Feb 9, 2010, 10:50 am

Programs: Hyatt Diamond, HH Diamond, SPG Gold, Marriott Gold, Amex Platinum
The Inn NY on first place? I'm not sure what group these rankings would appeal to but definitely not to me.
Old Feb 9, 2010, 11:09 am
Moderator: Luxury Hotels and FlyerTalk Evangelist

Indeed, look at the REST of the ratings! There's a Courtyard by Marriott on the list -- why not put all of them as they are all pretty much identical? I'm surprised that a Red Roof Inn didn't make #1.

Edited to add: Their Japan ratings were even stranger. #1, 3, and 5 were the Mandarin Oriental, Park Hyatt, and Peninsula. And then #2 was some random Prince Hotel (a so-called business hotel with tiny rooms) and #4 some unknown Nikko hotel on Okinawa. Not even going to mention the rest of the list, it gets weirder. I have heard the Dai-Ichi hotel in Tokyo called many things, for example, but never "an oasis!" The Europe and China listings are equally, uh, unusual.

Last edited by RichardInSF; Feb 9, 2010 at 11:20 am
Old Feb 9, 2010, 12:29 pm

Great Discussion

Good afternoon all. We stumbled across this forum with a Google alert for our hotel. It's great to read all the opinions about the Grand Hyatt DFW being named No. 5 in the "Top 25 Hotels in the U.S." list in the TripAdvisor Travelers' Choice Awards.

Our staff was excited to learn about this honor, as we feel that just by the nature of how the winners are chosen, it speaks to the level of service and quality of product that we provide to our guests. Our associates work hard each day to make sure our guests have a great experience, creating loyal customers who feel passionate enough to take the time to write an online review.

Thank you for starting this dialogue. We'd be happy to answer any questions you have about our property! We hope you'll stop by on your travels through DFW Airport to see for yourself why we are not your typical airport hotel.

Happy & Safe Travels!
Old Feb 9, 2010, 12:49 pm
Community Director Emerita

Welcome to our forum, Grand Hyatt DFW. We love it when hotel management participates. You'll find a thread specific to your hotel here:

Grand Hyatt DFW REVIEW - MASTER THREAD

We hope that we hear from you from time to time - and congratulations on your ranking.
Old Feb 9, 2010, 1:01 pm
Original Poster

Programs: Marriott LT Plat, Hyatt Platinum
and - Grand Hyatt DFW...you might be interested in this comment - which I received from my Hyatt PLA when I sent her the article......

....Good Afternoon! Isn't that great?? I have been to that hotel at least 3 times over the last several years and I cannot wait to go back! They are the most friendliest, accommodating people I have ever met! And the property itself is absolutely beautiful and you cannot even tell you are in an airport hotel unless you look outside. The bathrooms are big enough to have as a child's bedroom!! I cannot say enough about that property. The restaurant's food is impeccable along with their service. So I surely would recommend that you try to visit that part of the country whenever you can. Maybe stay at the Hyatt Regency Lost Pines resort?? I have not been there yet but would love to. It is outside of Austin but maybe make it an all around Texas trip?
Have a great day!....

a very nice recommendation.....
Old Feb 9, 2010, 1:25 pm

Originally Posted by sophiegirl
and - Grand Hyatt DFW...you might be interested in this comment - which I received from my Hyatt PLA when I sent her the article......

....Good Afternoon! Isn't that great?? I have been to that hotel at least 3 times over the last several years and I cannot wait to go back! They are the most friendliest, accommodating people I have ever met! And the property itself is absolutely beautiful and you cannot even tell you are in an airport hotel unless you look outside. The bathrooms are big enough to have as a child's bedroom!! I cannot say enough about that property. The restaurant's food is impeccable along with their service. So I surely would recommend that you try to visit that part of the country whenever you can. Maybe stay at the Hyatt Regency Lost Pines resort?? I have not been there yet but would love to. It is outside of Austin but maybe make it an all around Texas trip?
Have a great day!....

a very nice recommendation.....
Wow! Thank you for sharing that. Very nice recommendation, indeed. I will make sure these kind words are shared with our associates. Thanks again!
Old Feb 9, 2010, 7:26 pm
Moderator: Luxury Hotels and FlyerTalk Evangelist

I've stayed at the hotel twice and my cynicism about the TripAdvisor rankings does not extend to the hotel -- I'd definitely stay there again. In fact, last time I chose the GH for a Dallas visit over staying in the city. The (apparently) little-known fact that hotel guests get free parking can make this kind of stay practical, depending on where you have meetings.

Staying at this hotel, I usually can save one day's car rental since I don't have to pick up the car until the morning after arrival. That's a significant savings since car rental prices are quite high at DFW thanks to outrageous taxes and fees.
Old Feb 9, 2010, 7:30 pm

I actually stayed there last week. Very impressed with the staff. And I agree with the previous statement on the huge bathroom --- I feel like the bathroom is the same size as an entire room at Grand Hyatt NYC
Old Feb 9, 2010, 8:43 pm
Ambassador: World of Hyatt

Welcome aboard Grand Hyatt DFW ^
One of the better airport hotels in our nation. As others have stated very good GP elite recognition ^ Thank You GH
Consistently solid team members in the front of the house
The restaurant has declined considerably IMO since it first opened. While there are still some good items on the menu there were a number of disappointments as well. Breakfast was skimpy on two occasions and the produce out of season.Oh well you can’t have it all and one could certainly do much worse in the DFW area.Have seen lesser Hyatt’s do a superior job to the Grand Hyatt DFW in the dining room.

For the record Grand Hyatt has a stunning facility even the dining room is impressive.It is more like some of The Hyatt International properties
One other bright side is they have some really nice in house homemade chocolates for sale inside the hotel
Those seeking a good quality chocolate fix should be quite happy
Old Feb 10, 2010, 12:22 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Most
Personally I nowadays pay ZERO attention to Tripadvi$or that are known to delete reviews if they deem them to be negative. All they care is to direct more business to Expedia.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.