Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Hotels and Places to Stay > Hyatt | World of Hyatt
Reload this Page >

Hyatt Regency Rochester, NY---REVIEW - MASTER THREAD

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Search this Thread

Old Jan 1, 2010, 8:02 pm
Original Poster

Getting there:
Hotel is easy to find. Parking garage is attached to the hotel. Overnight guest parking is $4 with in/out.

Check-in:
Only person checking in. No diamond recognition. Had to ask for everything (breakfast, free internet, amenity). Given room on 11th floor within a 25 story building. No upgrade whatsoever (I don't know if there is such thing in this hotel, except to a suite) despite I am here on the weekend.

Room:
Look like a typical hyatt room. Recently renovated except the bathtub area I guess. An odd thing is there is no towel hooks to hang your towels except one behind the door but was broken. 42inch LCD but no HD channel. Free internet is Tmobile Hotspot. Used underwears were found in one of the drawer. One bottle of Aqufina water ($2.75) was replaced by a local supermarket brand by a previous guest. Burn out light bulb. Poor housekeeping in my book

Pool/Gym:
Indoor pool but the water is not heated or heated enough for the Rochester cold winter. Gym has some cardio machines and free weights. Both area were run over by kids in swimsuites with their parents sitting near the pool with their winter clothes on. I saw two kids running and slipped on the floor with their heads bang on the floor. Their parents didn't even get up their chairs. It could be a weekend thing though.

Breakfast:
At the street level restaurant, typical American breakfast buffet with average quality. Good service though.

Checkout:
Tmobile internet charge was removed from my bill without my intervenion. Noticed my folio had the correct bonus code G3 and 1W. Points should posted correctly.

Last edited by neuro0; Jan 2, 2010 at 12:56 pm
Old Jan 14, 2010, 9:54 am

Programs: UA GS, Avis CHM, Marriott & SPG & PC Plat., Hyatt & Hilton Diamond
This thread is much better than the old one http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/hyatt...er-thread.html.
Old Jan 14, 2010, 10:00 am
Moderator: GLBT Travelers & Hyatt Gold Passport

Originally Posted by heffa
This thread is much better than the old one http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/hyatt...er-thread.html.
Oops - how did I miss linking to that one?

Anyways, since I'm posting - some history of the property - the "major" corporations in Rochester (Xerox, Kodak, Bausch & Lomb) wanted a new upscale property in the city in the late 80's - so Paul Snyder (who did the HR BUF) won the rights to the hotel but then gave up on the property financially - the corporations arranged to finish the property and owned it for a number of years until 1997 or so when it was sold to Corporex in Cincinnati (where I worked briefly in late 1990's) subsequently spun off to a hotel REIT and later bought out by another REIT.
Old Jan 14, 2010, 12:07 pm

I stayed at this hotel three times this month. Every time I came, I was given a higher floor; 23xx, 24xx, 25xx, where 25 is the highest. Wonder if they have a penthouse on the roof for my next stay, since 25th is the highest floor? Anyhow, the rooms are all the same and quite dark.

I had no problems getting Diamond recognition as well as free overnight parking.
Old Jan 14, 2010, 4:03 pm

Programs: MRSPG LT Tit, HH Diamond, Hertz Pres.
will be there next Tuesday night. THANKS
Old Jan 14, 2010, 5:23 pm
Original Poster

Originally Posted by heffa
I had no problems getting Diamond recognition as well as free overnight parking.
They charged this Diamond a lousy 4 bucks for overnight parking.
Old Jan 19, 2010, 4:00 pm

Programs: MRSPG LT Tit, HH Diamond, Hertz Pres.
Just checked in, very nice compared to Buffalo!

Through a facebook link, this platinum found a very nice fruit and cheese platter in my room on the 24th floor with a great view. Please see my social networking thread for more details.

FD staffed with 3, one person dedicated at the elite check in, quick, courteous and polite. Informed of free internet and all necessary amenities. Advised me of my waiting gift in my room.

2409, nice king, great view, elevators quick, everything works. Will report on restaurants later.

The only disappointment, the Regency Club is now converted as an airline club only??????
Old Jan 24, 2010, 12:18 pm
Original Poster

Diamond breakfast

Was given a "VIP Breakfast" voucher at checkin. It states only good for one entree. No mention of coffee or juice.
I didn't get to use it since I was out before the breakfast.
Old Jan 24, 2010, 3:27 pm

Programs: Platinum: Delta, Starwood, Priority Club. Hyatt-Diamond, TA
A reminder...Diamonds are supposed to get FULL breakfast.

Originally Posted by neuro0
Was given a "VIP Breakfast" voucher at checkin. It states only good for one entree. No mention of coffee or juice.
Old Jan 25, 2010, 10:52 am

Originally Posted by neuro0
Was the breakfast buffet closed?

I think I got the same voucher short before Christmas when the breakfast buffet was closed. One breakfast entrée and coffee/tea and Juice was included.
Old Jul 11, 2010, 7:01 pm

Programs: SPG Lifetime Platinum, Hyatt Diamond, JetBlue Mosaic, AA Platinum, National Executive Elite
Any recent stays at this hotel? I'm wondering mostly how they're treating Diamonds. Suite upgrade?

Is the parking free (if asked)? I found it was easy to get free parking at the Hyatt Buffalo by simply asking if the fee was waived for Diamonds (and got a coupon).

What is/are the breakfast options?

Has the hotel been renovated recently? Does it have new tvs? REAL hd?

Thanks all!
Old Jul 12, 2010, 12:20 pm

Programs: DL Gold, Hyatt Platinum, IC Platinum, HHonors Gold, Marriott Gold
Originally Posted by moulder3
Any recent stays at this hotel? I'm wondering mostly how they're treating Diamonds. Suite upgrade?

Is the parking free (if asked)? I found it was easy to get free parking at the Hyatt Buffalo by simply asking if the fee was waived for Diamonds (and got a coupon).

Thanks all!
I was just here for 2 nights last week. I did not get a suite upgrade, but did get a room on the 25th (top) floor. The hotel has been renovated recently (last 2 years or so, I think). It did hagve flat panel TVs, but I didn't turn it on, so do know if HD is offered. Parking was $4, and did not get waived. I had the hot breakfast buffet both mornings, which was free for diamonds.
Old Jul 12, 2010, 1:11 pm

Programs: Hyatt Diamond, AA Plat
Originally Posted by moulder3

Thanks all!
Parking is $4 if self-parking and $10 if using the valet. No suite upgrade when I stayed (last month) but was assigned a nicely renovated room on the top floor. Used the fitness center which was nice but on the smallish side. Room had TV with HD options. The breakfast buffet was nice if nothing spectacular. Definitely one of the better hotels in town.
Old Jun 29, 2011, 3:57 pm

Staying here Tuesday night - July 5 11 - will report back.
Old Nov 24, 2011, 7:35 pm

Programs: UA, AA, Hilton, Hyatt
Nov 2011 stay report

Staying with a family of 4 over Thanksgiving weekend. Four night paid stay using a suite upgrade on a AAA rate that includes full breakfast for 2. I must say this is one of the more disappointing Hyatts I've stayed at. The suite is large with a queen-sized murphy bed, kitchenette, and dining room. It is poorly lit, with several of the lamps not working. Furnishings are VERY worn, so much so that I did not believe that this hotel had recently been renovated. Decor, whether recently renovated or not, is dated looking (gold-colored wall paper, burgundy-colored pillows, paintings, and duvet). Carpet looks especially worn, and is buckled up in several corners. The wear and decor remind me of 20-year-old Holiday Inn rooms. A piece of green chewing gum has been in the hallway outside of our door for two days, but our room housekeeping has been fine. Sliding closet doors keep coming off of their tracks. We have nice ~37" HD TVs, but no HD channels. Because occupancy is low, breakfast buffet is not being offered (we're just ordering off the menu). At check-in, the desk agent did not realize that, as a Diamond, all four of our breakfasts should be included in the room rate since there is no Regency Club.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.