Search

Happy New Year!

Search this Thread

Old Dec 30, 2009, 10:04 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Original Poster

Programs: AA-PLT Pro 1.9 MM, Hyatt-Explorer, Marriott-Gold, Super 8--Formica
Happy New Year!

As we all reach the point where our counters reset to zero, I wanted to thank everyone on the Hyatt board for all of the wonderful information I have learned here during 2009. Also, I had the opportunity to meet a number of you during the year, particularly at the Andaz event in April, and I am really proud to be a part of Flyertalk that is so friendly and cool!

To the mods peteropny and Markie, thanks so much for all of your hard work on our behalf.

I have saved countless dollars thanks to the information here, and I wouldn't have a passport except for my attendance of the Andaz event. Wow, what a great year.

My final thanks goes to the Hyatt Gold Passport people who make all of this possible. ^ This program really has gone out of its way to keep us loyal, and I have to tip my hat to the program itself, as it really is better than any other hotel program out there.

Happy New Year all!
Old Dec 30, 2009, 10:37 pm
Moderator: Hyatt Gold Passport & Star Alliance

Programs: UA-1K 3MM/HY- LT Globalist/BA-GGL/GfL
I'd like to return the thanks - I am sure peteropny will join me in thanking our regular contributors to the Hyatt board for all the information freely shared, the good humour and the odd PM's. You have all made this Board a complete delight to Moderate.

So Thank You and happy travels to all for 2010. ^
Old Dec 30, 2009, 11:04 pm

W/ all due respect, I would truly love 2 second Trustguy's words. I give great respect 2 all on the Hyatt forum-and especially ^^'s up 2 peteropny & NJUPINTHEAIR who have taught me so much more. And I definitely do not want 2 forget Karen, the Hyatt GPC. I am ashamed that I missed the Andaz event.

peteropny & markie-pls keep up the great work!

Other than that, I pray that everyone has a Blessed & very safe New Year's.
Old Dec 30, 2009, 11:19 pm
Moderator: GLBT Travelers & Hyatt Gold Passport

Happy New Year's to all also

I would like to thank everyone in the forum for helping make this forum (with rare exceptions) to be one of the friendliest and most informative forums on Flyertalk - this allows us mods to concentrate on making the forum as useful as possible and not spend a lot of time refereeing.

I'm already feeling results of improvements of Hyatt's participation here in the forum. And we owe Gold Passport Executives for being very responsive to our concerns and to hosting the Andaz LA event and possibly more to come.

We have some ideas on improving the forum going forward.

Last edited by peteropny; Dec 30, 2009 at 11:24 pm
Old Dec 30, 2009, 11:27 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Marriott/Lifetime Titanium Hyatt/Explorist, Hilton/Silver, IHG Spire,UA Gold
Originally Posted by peteropny
Happy New Year's to all also

I would like to thank everyone in the forum for helping make this forum (with rare exceptions) to be one of the friendliest and most informative forums on Flyertalk - this allows us mods to concentrate on making the forum as useful as possible and not spend a lot of time refereeing.

I'm already feeling results of improvements of Hyatt's participation here in the forum. And we owe Gold Passport Executives for being very responsive to our concerns and to hosting the Andaz LA event and possibly more to come.

We have some ideas on improving the forum going forward.
Great work Markie and Peteropny! Happy New Year!!!
Old Dec 31, 2009, 1:44 am

I'm Jumping on the band wagon,
Thank you everyone who has made flyertalk an enjoyable place to visit and
Happy New year!!!!!
Old Dec 31, 2009, 3:31 am

Programs: Hyatt Gold Passport, Shangri-la Golden Circle
Happy New Year to everyone on Flyertalk!

Also Happy New Year to all the staff at Hyatt who took good care of us during the year!!
Old Dec 31, 2009, 4:02 am

Programs: QF Platinum, NZ *G, Le Club Platinum, Hilton Diamond, Club Carlson Gold, SPG Gold
Jumping on the bandwagon too!

Happy New Year all FT'ers.

I haven't contributed much here this past year - just good information received that has been of huge use.

I also echo that thanks to the Gold Passport people that make it all happen - the best team of any of the hotel chains by miles and the best programme too!

I'm settling into a bottle of bubbly as a New Year gift from the Hotel Management in my club room (upgraded) in the Grand Hyatt Tokyo - toasting all FT'ers at the same time! :-)
Old Dec 31, 2009, 11:59 am
Moderator: Luxury Hotels and FlyerTalk Evangelist

Add me in too. So little bickering, so much useful information: what a great forum!

Even better in 2010, I am sure!
Old Dec 31, 2009, 12:11 pm

Programs: Hyatt Diamond, HH Diamond, SPG Gold, Marriott Gold, Amex Platinum
I'd also like to thank all the contributors and the moderators here since without this forum I would be nowhere near a Diamond but somewhere around Platinum status with no FFNs since before finding this community I was never focused on status and points.

Now it's become more like a hobby and after having experienced the preferential treatment, it makes me want to never go down from Diamond as I believe is the case with everyone on of you. I'm 19, university student and as all my travel is leisure, I feel even more grateful for this shiny black card.

Happy New Year to everyone and may all your wishes come true!
Old Dec 31, 2009, 12:19 pm

Programs: HH Dia, Hyatt Plat
I concur with all the sentiments above. This forum has been incredibly useful for me. I was able to become a Diamond through a status match and now hoping to maintain for many years. I have had some great delas from the info provided here. Thank you.

May God bless you all in this coming year!
Old Dec 31, 2009, 12:37 pm

Programs: UA 2MM, WN CP & A-List +, Hilton Diamond, Marriott Gold,
I too want to concur with all the sentiments above. I have gotten so much more knowledge and value from Hyatt thanks to all the contributors here.

Happy New Year to everyone on this board, and a special thanks to peteropny and Markie.
Old Dec 31, 2009, 12:52 pm
No longer used by Hyatt; use World of Hyatt Concierge

I would like to say "Thank you" to all of you and for the kind words expressed throughout the forum and PMs. Without your continued support, Gold Passport would not be possible. It has been a great year for Gold Passport and it has been a pleasure to work with all of you on FlyerTalk. I also would like to give appreciation to peteropny and markie for all of there work as moderators. I am very excited to see what this New Year will bring for the Gold Passport program and look forward to sharing it with you. I wish all of you a Happy New Year!

Karen Smith
Gold Passport Concierge
Old Dec 31, 2009, 1:24 pm
Moderator: Mileage Run, InterContinental Hotels

Happy New Year from the PH Istanbul!

Please don't tell my wife I'm checking FT 1 1/2 hours before midnight on NYE, or my iphone will be gone.
Old Jan 2, 2010, 12:58 am

Programs: AC SE, AA EXP MM, UA Gold MM, Hyatt Glob, Marriott Titanium, HH Dia, IHG Plat
Peteropny, over several years as moderator you've shown great civility and a light touch that is much appreciated. It's a pleasure to visit the Hyatt forum. Happy New Year to you and all the regular contributors.

And a great New Year to all the fine folks at Hyatt, exemplified by staff's command performance New Year's Eve at the HR San Francisco. At HRSF's rooftop Regency Club, open 'til 12:30 am, hundreds toasted nearby fireworks with complimentary bubbly accompanied by live acoustic guitar. Just another Diamond amenity.

Last edited by Explore; Jan 2, 2010 at 1:06 am

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.