Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Hotels and Places to Stay > Hyatt | World of Hyatt
Reload this Page >

Please help me understand timelines

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Search this Thread

Old Dec 14, 2009, 12:20 pm
Original Poster

Programs: Starwood Platinum,Marriott Platinum, United Silver

I have not been able to travel for personal reasons but will be starting again full steam ahead in January. Since they still have the double stay promotion running until Jan 31st, I have a decent chance of actually hitting the 25 stay mark before the end of the month.

Am I right in my understanding that I would not only immediately requalify for Diamond status but also that it would extend through February of 2012? I spoke to the Diamond agent today and it was very hard to understand her.

Finally, the current promotion also includes FFN. Is it possible to use one of my Diamond guaranteed upgrades one a FFN stay or does it have to be a paid stay?

I appreciate help with what most of you must consider true beginner questions. Hyatt matched my status just when I had to stop travelling so the program is still a bit of a mystery to me - with the exception of an amazing stay at the PH in Paris last summer! Many thanks.
Old Dec 14, 2009, 12:38 pm
Community Director Emerita

Originally Posted by stevens397
I have not been able to travel for personal reasons but will be starting again full steam ahead in January. Since they still have the double stay promotion running until Jan 31st, I have a decent chance of actually hitting the 25 stay mark before the end of the month.

Am I right in my understanding that I would not only immediately requalify for Diamond status but also that it would extend through February of 2012?
Yes, you immediately qualify for status in 2010 which then covers all of 2011 and the beginning of 2012.

Finally, the current promotion also includes FFN. Is it possible to use one of my Diamond guaranteed upgrades one a FFN stay or does it have to be a paid stay?
Suite upgrade certs can only be used on paid stays.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.