Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Hotels and Places to Stay > Hyatt | World of Hyatt
Reload this Page >

Hyatt Regency North Dallas REVIEW - MASTER THREAD

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Hyatt Regency North Dallas REVIEW - MASTER THREAD

Search this Thread

Old Oct 22, 2010, 10:52 am
LRD

Programs: AA Plat/6MM, Marriott Titanium, IHG Diamond
Originally Posted by todorovic
Does anyone know what suite do they upgrade you to when you use one of the confirmed suite upgrades? Is the club still closed on weekends and if so has anyone had any luck getting the 2,500 points for the closed club?
To answer your three questions:

1) see #10
2) yes
3) yes
Old Nov 27, 2010, 2:56 pm

Programs: LH HON,AA EXP, BA Silver, Hyatt Diamond, and a few more
Not much to say about this hotel. Got upgraded to a Corner Room standard diamond upgrade. Regency Club still closed on weekend and points were given. Breakfast buffet is decent, but service is horrible took over 10 minutes to get my coffee refilled. Overall a good value got 5000 points for about $90.

Photos of the room
Old Dec 6, 2010, 2:48 pm
thc

Programs: Hyatt Diamond, AA Platinum
I stayed here for 1 night on a Sunday night. I'm curious what this hotel is like during the week, because I can tell you that it's like a ghost town on the weekend (at least the weekend I was there.) No bellman; just 1 person at the Front Desk; not a soul eating in the restaurant (just a bored looking bartender, chef, and a few waitstaff.)

At any rate, I was upgraded to an Executive Suite as a Diamond. It was pretty nice. I chose the cheese plate for the Diamond amenity with red wine. The cheeses were not that good, but there were some cute Christmas cookies included on the plate. I was also surprised to get a glass of wine instead of a bottle. But since it's just that Canvas stuff, I didn't care that much.

The lounge was closed, but the key still works on weekends, if you want to use the computers. The lounge is pretty big and I'd like to see it sometime when it's open for service.

Overall, it's a nice Hyatt. If you have a reason to be in the area, it's a good choice.

Parking is free at this hotel. There is also a free shuttle that will drive you anywhere in a 5 mi radius.

Last edited by thc; Dec 6, 2010 at 4:06 pm
Old Feb 15, 2011, 11:59 pm

Programs: Hyatt, IHG, Hilton, National
Exclamation

I'm at this Hyatt now and I think in the future I'll try to avoid it.

No valet parking, even though I could of swore it said they had it. Maybe I'm just confusing it with another Hyatt. Nobody to assist with luggage. The front desk staff and lounge staff were very nice to work with.

When I was asked about my Diamond amenity, I took the food/wine. But BEWARE, the wine is by the glass. When I mentioned that this wasn't the norm at EVERY other Hyatt I have stayed at, they were quick to offer to ATTEMPT to bring a bottle. I believe that if you stay at a Hyatt Place, they give you two free glasses of a beverage of choice. I may be wrong on that, but its sticking in my mind for some reason.

The common areas of the hotel such as the lobby are nice. But when you get to the elevator it stops there and continues to the guest rooms. The elevator reminds me of another hotel I stayed in that was pretty run down (non Hyatt).

I got the standard corner room upgrade for GP Diamonds. But I think I might of been better off getting a standard room. The corner room is in the shape of a "J" and the bathroom as well. Both feel a little crowded for me. The beds are decent and everything else appears to be standard cookie cutter Hyatt, minimal standards (just meaning they aren't going above like many other properties do).

The RC is hard to find, or at least in my opinion was.

Food in the lounge was good and they offered both the lounge and dinner menu's to me.

All in all, this hotel just didn't fit with what a Hyatt should be. While I'll avoid it in the future, if you need a local hotel I cant say anything bad about it for an eat, sleep and shower type of place. But if you're expecting the perks that many other Hyatt's are known for, don't go.
Old Nov 14, 2011, 9:14 pm

Just went on an MR over the weekend since I needed the third night for the 5k promo.

So for sub $100 rate, I got extra 1,000 (diamond) + 2,500 (closed RC) + 5,000 (promo) + free breakfast at the restaurant which was nice.
Old Feb 12, 2012, 3:17 pm

Programs: AA EXP 1MM, Starwood Gold, Hyatt Diamond
Apparently this hotel now claims that the Regency Club has been discontinued and therefore just because it's closed, I'm not entitled to my 2500 pts.
Old Feb 14, 2012, 4:09 am

Programs: AA EXP/MM, HGP ♦; former elite in Hilton, Marriott & DL (just under MM thanks to Leo)
As in permanently closed? I guess they will have a nice space for a presidential suite...

Are there any diamond members staying here right now? or within the last month during the week? I was wondering if this RC is open or not. Any experiences with it being open in 2012?

And I'm not trusting of the front desk info at this point. So for my Plano/Addison visits-- if there is no RC and no DN bonus, I really don't see a reason to be here over a closer/cheaper hotel including plenty of HH and HPs if I choose Hyatt over the multitude of hotels in this area.
Old Mar 10, 2012, 8:18 pm

Programs: AA EXP, Hyatt Diamond, Hilton Diamond, any other status I can get via credit card
Does anyone know of a Hyatt within a reasonable drive from DFW with a RC closed on weekends? Stayed at the North Dallas Hyatt last night and received a letter at checkin saying no RC.
Old Mar 10, 2012, 9:37 pm

Programs: AA EXP/MM, HGP ♦; former elite in Hilton, Marriott & DL (just under MM thanks to Leo)
Originally Posted by tivolady
... Stayed at the North Dallas Hyatt last night and received a letter at checkin saying no RC.
Did it just apologize for the closure, or just say there was no RC. Did it go into the no RC so no 2500 pts diatribe?
Old Mar 18, 2012, 9:38 pm

Programs: AA EXP, Hyatt Diamond, Hilton Diamond, any other status I can get via credit card
The letter said that the property does not offer a RC. In order to recognize our local Diamond guest, they are pleased to offer a complimentary Breakfast Buffet and appetizer and a glass of wine/beer each night.
Old Mar 19, 2012, 5:28 am

thanks OceanBeezes, good to hear the previously posted info on the comped app/drink is now a real policy, and not just arbitrary benefit given by the FD based on their mood. Was not offered to me when I was there last as diamond and the club had disappeared.
Old Jun 9, 2012, 10:10 pm

Diamond review

The room was lame, no suite upgrade. However, the app/drink was good with a three night stay, we got six "coupons". Also, please be adivsed that diamonds get complementary drinks in the "Sundries" area in the cooler. The Food/Breakfast was excellent at this location!!!

No bottles for Welcome Amenity wine, only 2 glasses.
Old Nov 25, 2012, 9:40 pm

Stayed there over Thanksgiving weekend for 1 night. $68.10 rate so can't complain but other than being a high rise it was more like a motel.

No valet parking (though it was very close to the lobby) but still wouldn't want my spouse having to park late a night and no bell services. I saw a guest pushing there bags on a luggage cart.

Was told RC closed permanently and given breakfast buffet coupon and wine or beer and appetizer voucher for bar but weren't able to use either one.

Upgraded to corner room at end of hall. It was just fine. Found the window to be really small.
Old Jun 6, 2013, 3:13 pm

So I guess no 2500 points for the RC being permanently closed?

Originally Posted by chuck1
Stayed there over Thanksgiving weekend for 1 night. $68.10 rate so can't complain but other than being a high rise it was more like a motel.

No valet parking (though it was very close to the lobby) but still wouldn't want my spouse having to park late a night and no bell services. I saw a guest pushing there bags on a luggage cart.

Was told RC closed permanently and given breakfast buffet coupon and wine or beer and appetizer voucher for bar but weren't able to use either one.

Upgraded to corner room at end of hall. It was just fine. Found the window to be really small.
Old Jun 7, 2013, 7:04 am

Programs: DL-DM/1MM, HILTON-DIA, .HYATT-DIA/GLOB , IHG-PLT,HERTZ 5*, NATIONAL ES
Originally Posted by OceanBreezes
The letter said that the property does not offer a RC. In order to recognize our local Diamond guest, they are pleased to offer a complimentary Breakfast Buffet and appetizer and a glass of wine/beer each night.
I would take this over the limited offerings and crowded RC's anyday...... YMMV

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.