Search

Miles or Upgrade?!

Search this Thread

Old Oct 24, 2009, 3:29 pm
BON
Original Poster

Programs: UA 1K
Miles or Upgrade?!

I recently stayed at the Hyatt Regency in Schaumburg, IL for one night. At check-in, I asked if I could get miles instead of points and the agent told me that if I choose miles I'd lose my room upgrade. I don't get why we're getting penalized for choosing miles.
Old Oct 24, 2009, 4:16 pm

Originally Posted by BON
I recently stayed at the Hyatt Regency in Schaumburg, IL for one night. At check-in, I asked if I could get miles instead of points and the agent told me that if I choose miles I'd lose my room upgrade. I don't get why we're getting penalized for choosing miles.
Next time just say thank you and take the upgrade. Then when the stay posts call GP CS and switch the stay to miles. The desk clerk was a clueless moron most likely just promoted from an HP hotel.
Old Oct 25, 2009, 9:35 am

Originally Posted by BON
You can choose to earn GP points or travel partner currency when staying at Hyatt. Your decide at check-in. You are entitled to receive benefits if you be part of GP (two published) elite membership tiers.

If an Hyatt associate at HR Woodfield revoke your upgrade after you addressed to him/her that you opt to earn travel partner currency, s/he made bad judgements, if you hold Diamond Status within GP, s/he was wrong and I would follow this up with CS.
Old Oct 25, 2009, 1:32 pm

Programs: Delta Diamond, Hyatt Diamond, Entry level on most others
Was this the Hyatt Regency Woodfield in Schaumburg, IL? They front desk staff there are pretty clueless. Usually extremely young (look like high schoolers). They are very attractive but are a little too preoccupied to actually help anyone.
Old Oct 31, 2009, 3:58 am

Originally Posted by bbbb
Next time just say thank you and take the upgrade. Then when the stay posts call GP CS and switch the stay to miles. The desk clerk was a clueless moron most likely just promoted from an HP hotel.
LOL, sad but very true.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.