Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Hotels and Places to Stay > Hyatt | World of Hyatt
Reload this Page >

Hyatt Place/Summerfield Suites 30% Discount Offer - Book 10/5-9 for Stay 10/25-12/31

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Hyatt Place/Summerfield Suites 30% Discount Offer - Book 10/5-9 for Stay 10/25-12/31

Search this Thread

Old Oct 7, 2009, 12:41 pm

Programs: AA, BA, Delta, SPG, Hilton
Originally Posted by NJUPINTHEAIR
Every hotel that I checked has a reduction. I and others I am sure would like to know which hotel(s) you are referring to.

You do know that this rate reduction only applies to Hyatt Place and Sumerfield Suites properties, not full service Hyatt hotels, etc.?
One of the hotels Hyatt Place Ontario Mills is in Ontario, CA. The same rate comes up with and w/o the code (example for 10/25 - 10/27 $69.30)
Old Oct 7, 2009, 3:10 pm
Suspended
Original Poster

Originally Posted by ellylex
One of the hotels Hyatt Place Ontario Mills is in Ontario, CA. The same rate comes up with and w/o the code (example for 10/25 - 10/27 $69.30)
Thank you for mentioning that.

You see the LIMITED TIME OFFER displayed on the web site?

That is the promotion that the code yields, i.e., they are one in the same.

Apparently some hotels have eliminated the need for us to put in the promotion code -- but others have not!!! -- as the LIMITED TIME OFFER promotion price is displayed along with other rates.

Last edited by NJUPINTHEAIR; Oct 7, 2009 at 4:09 pm
Old Oct 8, 2009, 2:50 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA LT Gold, DL SM, HY Disc, Marriott LT Gold
Originally Posted by NJUPINTHEAIR
I don't think you can do this and even asking them at the friont desk seems to be no assurance that it will post from other reports that I have read. I know on my reservations I did not even bother to try to add a G bonus.

It seems that GP CS will post it for you when you call.
Thanks, that's what I thought. Half the time the G bonus doesn't post anyway and I have to send an email... so what's four or five more!?
Old Oct 8, 2009, 5:25 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA LT Gold, DL SM, HY Disc, Marriott LT Gold
By the way, the HP in the Chicago area are all in the $55-$58 range with this promo on weekends. Sadly only one has a 1000 point G promo on weekends, and it's the one the furthest away (Hoffman Estates).

But I have a serious dillema, because I can get a $55+tax rate at the HP I pass by every weekend but with no G bonus, or a $79+tax rate at the Hyatt Lisle but with a larger Diamond bonus and a 2000 point G2, although I'll have to harass GP about each one. 2500 points vs. $27 after tax, for seven stays... I think the fact that I have to harass GP for the G bonus tips the balance.
Old Oct 9, 2009, 5:00 pm

Programs: UA 2MM, AA 650k, DL 500k, Hyatt GP 1M, HH Gold, Rad. Gold, CP Gold, Miracle Fruit-su Club
Unhappy

Originally Posted by JonathanIT
It's a sale rate, not a "promotion". There is no reason to reason to think that this rate is not eligible for FFN and UA 1K bonus miles.
Hi JonathanIT. Look back at the OP.
Old Oct 9, 2009, 7:24 pm

Programs: UA 2MM, AA 650k, DL 500k, Hyatt GP 1M, HH Gold, Rad. Gold, CP Gold, Miracle Fruit-su Club
Unhappy

I am finding what ellylex did. At the two Hyatt Places in Albuquerque, the rates are the same (respectively) whether I use the code or not. I first went through the promo portal. Then I cleared cookies and went in "anonymously" with no LTO code, then with it. The same everytime. Wish I'd paid attention to this before today's deadline, once I ran into the learning curve. I'd have called GP or the PLR to see if they, in fact, could take 30% off of $62 after booking. (I'm not proud.) Fortunately, the affinity group rates are quite good, so, as usual, I'll use one of them.

Originally Posted by ellylex
I checked several hotels and the rate is exactly the same with or without the 30% off code for bookings after 10/25.
So Hyatt is bluffing or its a glitch or not all hotels participate?
Old Oct 10, 2009, 2:35 am

Originally Posted by Firewind
I am finding what ellylex did. At the two Hyatt Places in Albuquerque, the rates are the same (respectively) whether I use the code or not. I first went through the promo portal. Then I cleared cookies and went in "anonymously" with no LTO code, then with it. The same everytime. Wish I'd paid attention to this before today's deadline, once I ran into the learning curve. I'd have called GP or the PLR to see if they, in fact, could take 30% off of $62 after booking. (I'm not proud.) Fortunately, the affinity group rates are quite good, so, as usual, I'll use one of them.
The 30% is taken off the Prevailing Rate (now called the "Hyatt Daily Rate" I believe). The Limited Time Offer (LTO) rate is also displayed when you pull up rates. This is already discounted by 30% from the Hyatt Daily Rate, so you can't get a further discount. You do NOT have to input a special offer code to get this rate................although I guess now this is all moot as the sale was scheduled to end about an hour ago.

Also note: The dates of your stay can't begin before 10/25. I checked for dates before 10/25 not knowing this and couldn't see the discounted rate, and only realized this after checking some other dates in Nov which offered the 30% off rate.
Old Oct 26, 2009, 1:34 pm

Programs: AA EXP / UA Lifetime Gold / Marriott Lifetime Plat / SPG Plat / Hyatt Diamond / HH Diamond / Avis CC
I checked a few HPs that I have existing reservations and the AAA rate I have comes out better than the 30% off.
Old Oct 27, 2009, 11:21 am

Programs: AA LT Gold, Hyatt Diamond, HH Gold, SPG Gold, PC Plat Ambassador
I have a question. Before 10/9, I booked a bunch of these 30% off reservations as mattress runs, because for me in the Chicago burbs, I could get every night for less than $60... too good a deal to pass up. I booked 16 nights so I could get 8 FFN's. I actually do need a few of them, but most are just mattress runs.

However, I was just laid off from my job last Thursday, and I don't know if I'm going to be able to afford going anywhere before next March with my FFN's, so I was kind of kicking myself for making these reservations. Well, these are supposedly "prepaid" and non-cancellable, right? But since 10/9 nothing has posted to my credit card. So, I thought, let me try to cancel one - my first reservation is for this Friday. I was able to go in and hit "cancel" and it asks if I was sure I wanted to cancel and I hit yes. Now it is no longer showing on my list of upcoming reservations.

Do you think this will still be charged to my credit card, even though I cancelled my rezzie on the site? Just wondering if anyone has had any experience with this before.
Old Oct 27, 2009, 11:28 am

Programs: AA EXP / UA Lifetime Gold / Marriott Lifetime Plat / SPG Plat / Hyatt Diamond / HH Diamond / Avis CC
I would call the Diamond desk and explain the situation. If you are not Hyatt Diamond call the hotel directly and ask for the manager.
Old Oct 27, 2009, 11:40 am

Originally Posted by blase
I have a question. Before 10/9, I booked a bunch of these 30% off reservations as mattress runs, because for me in the Chicago burbs, I could get every night for less than $60... too good a deal to pass up. I booked 16 nights so I could get 8 FFN's. I actually do need a few of them, but most are just mattress runs.

However, I was just laid off from my job last Thursday, and I don't know if I'm going to be able to afford going anywhere before next March with my FFN's, so I was kind of kicking myself for making these reservations. Well, these are supposedly "prepaid" and non-cancellable, right? But since 10/9 nothing has posted to my credit card. So, I thought, let me try to cancel one - my first reservation is for this Friday. I was able to go in and hit "cancel" and it asks if I was sure I wanted to cancel and I hit yes. Now it is no longer showing on my list of upcoming reservations.

Do you think this will still be charged to my credit card, even though I cancelled my rezzie on the site? Just wondering if anyone has had any experience with this before.
Usually when you cancel online there is a warning that the cancellation is subject to the hotel's cancellation policy. I don't think the website will stop you from cancelling the res even if you will still have a financial obligation for the room. (They could still re-rent your room and keep your $.) I have had "prepaid" reservations that did not actually post to my credit card before my stay, but I've never tried to cancel them. In your situation, it wouldn't hurt to call Hyatt GP Customer Service and see if a sympathetic rep could help you out because I don't think you'll escape the charges just by cancelling the reservations online.
Old Oct 27, 2009, 3:52 pm

Originally Posted by DealDetective
Usually when you cancel online there is a warning that the cancellation is subject to the hotel's cancellation policy. I don't think the website will stop you from cancelling the res even if you will still have a financial obligation for the room. (They could still re-rent your room and keep your $.) I have had "prepaid" reservations that did not actually post to my credit card before my stay, but I've never tried to cancel them. In your situation, it wouldn't hurt to call Hyatt GP Customer Service and see if a sympathetic rep could help you out because I don't think you'll escape the charges just by cancelling the reservations online.
Thanks, I am Diamond and I will call the Diamond hotline and see what I can find out.
Old Nov 2, 2009, 2:57 pm

Blase: any news?
Old Nov 2, 2009, 3:07 pm

Originally Posted by best
Blase: any news?
Basically I was told that even though it says the rate is non-cancellable and pre-paid, if I called each hotel directly, they could get me out of having my credit card charged. For the reservation that I had already cancelled online, the Diamond hotline rep called the hotel for me and ensured me that my credit card would not be charged. Seeing that I have 15 other reservations, it seems like a lot of work to call the hotel every time I want to cancel, plus it is kind of embarassing to ask for "special treatment" of this sort, since I was well aware that these reservations were prepaid.

So as of right now, I am going to keep a few of my reservations in order to earn a few FFN's; haven't decided what I am going to do with the rest of 'em yet.

Last edited by blase; Nov 2, 2009 at 9:49 pm
Old Nov 2, 2009, 5:39 pm

Red face

...Further proof that this is a kinder, gentler forum. (We already know that Hyatt is.) An OP is taking a drubbing over on the Hilton board for just wanting to change a prepaid.

http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/hilto...s-booking.html

Hoo boy, I didn't look as far back as @39.

+1 to what NJUPINTHEAIR said, blase!

Last edited by Firewind; Nov 2, 2009 at 8:06 pm

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.