Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Hotels and Places to Stay > Hyatt | World of Hyatt
Reload this Page >

Olive 8 blackout dates - no award availability

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Search this Thread

Old Feb 25, 2015, 10:04 pm
Original Poster

Programs: AS MVPG, Hyatt Diamond

When I check award rooms for this weekend, 2/28, Deluxe rooms are available for a 15K award. So, Deluxe must be the "standard" room.

For the weekend of 6/14, no awards are available, even though deluxe rooms are available at the Hyatt daily rate.

So much for this :

"Hyatt Gold Passport Free Night Awards apply when standard rooms are available at the Hyatt Daily Rate. Standard rooms are defined by each hotel and are not subject to blackout dates. Hyatt Gold Passport Free Night Awards cannot be redeemed for packages."

HGP Concierge - can you look into this and PM me please.
Old Feb 25, 2015, 11:07 pm
Original Poster

Also, shame on Olive 8 for only offering premier night certificate redemptions for this weekend 2/28 only and NONE for the rest of the year.

Last edited by soonerfanatic; Feb 26, 2015 at 7:42 am Reason: add
Old Feb 25, 2015, 11:56 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Hyatt Discoverist, SEIBU PRINCE CLUB Silver, Marriott Gold
Maybe it's an IT issue. The booking engine seems really wonky right now.
Old Feb 26, 2015, 2:59 am
Suspended

Programs: Everything is refundable
Originally Posted by soonerfanatic
When I check award rooms for this weekend, 2/28, Deluxe rooms are available for a 15K award. So, Deluxe must be the "standard" room.

For the weekend of 6/14, no awards are available, even though deluxe rooms are available at the Hyatt daily rate.

So much for this :

"Hyatt Gold Passport Free Night Awards apply when standard rooms are available at the Hyatt Daily Rate. Standard rooms are defined by each hotel and are not subject to blackout dates. Hyatt Gold Passport Free Night Awards cannot be redeemed for packages."

As a member of this forum for more than ten years, you should be aware of the fact that each hotel has the opportunity to create blackout periods twice or thrice a year.

I do not know if this is case on the weekend you referred to, but a post in the existing masterthread would have created enough attention for the GPP Concierge, not to mention a private email in the first place.
Old Feb 26, 2015, 4:24 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Hyatt Discoverist, SEIBU PRINCE CLUB Silver, Marriott Gold
Originally Posted by soonerfanatic

So much for this :

Yep. I'm seeing it too. Base rooms are available, but point redemption is not.

Boo, Hyatt.
Old Feb 26, 2015, 7:39 am
Original Poster

Originally Posted by FD1971
As a member of this forum for more than ten years, you should be aware of the fact that each hotel has the opportunity to create blackout periods twice or thrice a year.

I do not know if this is case on the weekend you referred to, but a post in the existing masterthread would have created enough attention for the GPP Concierge, not to mention a private email in the first place.
Well of course I know this. All of the other Hyatts have award availability, so one would think there is no special event, but who knows....
Old Feb 26, 2015, 9:50 am

I looked over several different weekends during the summer & fall and couldn't find any availability at Olive 8. The hotel also must institute a minimum stay rule, because frequently searches on single days will return no availability whatsoever. The GH is only slightly better. Both hotels have so many different room types that there must be only a tiny number available for points (as I noted in the other thread, even when I find availability at GH it's in a higher point club room).
Old Feb 26, 2015, 2:41 pm
Original Poster

HGP concierge took care of us on this....... thank you^

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.