Community
Wiki Posts
Search

50% off Luxurious Banyan Tree Bangkok, Phuket & Other Locations

Search this Thread

Old May 26, 2009, 10:53 pm
Original Poster
Marriott Contributor BadgeWyndham Contributor Badge

Programs: Hertz PC, Hilton DMD, IHG Spire Amb, Bonvoy Titanium Elite & WoH Globalist
50% off Luxurious Banyan Tree Bangkok, Phuket & Other Locations

As posted on http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/thail...romotions.html

In celebration of Banyan Tree Hotels and Resorts’ 15th anniversary, the group is offering an exclusive selection of packages that highlight the best of its two brands, Banyan Tree and Angsana. The 15th anniversary specials, “Best of Banyan Tree” and “Best of Angsana” packages are available from 18 May 2009 at banyantree.com and angsana.com respectively, for stays from 18 May to 30 September.

A limited period 50% savings await guests who book between 1-15 June for stays from 1 June to 30 September 2009.

The “Best of Banyan Tree” and “Best of Angsana” packages showcase the most popular villa categories at different Banyan Tree and Angsana properties. These include:

In addition to a two-night stay in the most popular accommodation category, guests who book the 15th anniversary special will be assured of a holistic immersion into the Banyan Tree and Angsana experience, complete with savouring a dinner for two at the hotel’s signature restaurant and a rejuvenating 90-minute spa session during the stay.

For instance, guests who book the “Best of Banyan Tree” at Banyan Tree Phuket will enjoy a delectable dining experience at the signature Saffron restaurant, renowned for its creative and contemporary selection of Thai cuisine. Included in the package is a treatment at Banyan Tree Spa Phuket, where its exotic blend of massages and body treatments are inspired by traditional Asian health and beauty remedies. Guests can choose from a range of 90-min massage sessions including favorites like Lomi Lomi, Swedish, Thai Classic, and Balinese.
Old May 27, 2009, 11:58 am

Programs: Aegean Airlines Silver, British Airways Gold, Virgin Atlantic Silver
just spent six excellent days at the Banyan Tree in Bahrain^ Hoping for some opening offers at the soon to be opened Banyan Tree in Bali in time for my trip in October now - fingers crossed
Old May 27, 2009, 8:25 pm

Programs: Used to have a bunch of shiny metallic cards. That was one life ago.
Wirelessly posted (Mozilla/4.0 (compatible; MSIE 4.01; Windows CE; PPC; 240x320))

Recently in Mayakoba at the Fairmont. Banyan Tree looks spectacular. About 100 villas, each with a private rooftop pool. Will look up this deal as soon as I'm not wireless.

EDIT: I'm a bit confused. Can this deal be booked online or do you need to fill out an enquiry form?

Last edited by jbatl; May 27, 2009 at 9:02 pm
Old May 27, 2009, 10:56 pm

Programs: Alaska MVPG 100K, IHG Ambassador, Hilton Diamond, Hyatt Globalist, Marriott Titanium
I filled out the enquiry form and received the following response. I don't think I am getting 50% off at all....

Code:
Dear Mr. buschoi,

Further to your email, we understand that you would like to stay at Banyan Tree Bangkok during 18th -20th July 09, and we are pleased to offer the best of Banyan promotion rates as follow:

The Best of Banyan Tree 

Banyan Tree Hotels & Resorts celebrates its 15th Anniversary with special promotional rates and add-ons running from now till the end of September!

Book a two-night stay in any Banyan Tree property with “The Best Of Banyan Tree” package from 18 May till 30 September and enjoy: *

·         The ‘Best Available Rate’ for each property 

·         Daily Breakfast for two 

·         One dinner (for two) at each property’s signature restaurant (Includes pre-dinner beverages) 

·         A 90-minute spa massage session for one. 

Terms and Conditions

·          A minimum of 2 consecutive nights stay is required : Dinner is for maximum 2 persons : Massage is for one person only 

Cancellation Policies 

Cancellation or change is requited at least 48 hours prior to arrival to avoid charge : 100% charge for late cancellation/no-show or shorten stay 

Banyan Tree Premier Suite: 48 sqm, 1 bedroom and 1 living room, located between 36th-40th floors

Banyan Tree Bangkok's Banyan Tree Premier Suite is a must for both business and leisure travelers alike. Exclusive special benefits include complimentary buffet breakfast at Rom Sai Restaurant, in-suite internet access, tea snacks at the Lobby Lounge, a 20 percent discount on the in-suite "Bath Menu" and เ la carte spa massage session treatments and a 10 percent discount on laundry. The living room of the suite is a perfect place to enjoy your complimentary in-suite internet access.

Full Rate: THB17000+17.7% tax and service charge per suite per night

Special Rate: single/double THB 11,135+17.7% tax and service charge per suit per night, with all Banyan Tree Premier benefits

This offered rate can be changed without prior notice and depends on subject to availability. 

Please kindly advise your preferred,

Your smoking/non smoking preference, 

Your arrival/departure flight details,

Your credit card details for guarantee arrangement

To make reservation at your earliest convenience.

Please also advise if the following airport transfers will be required:

A Mercedez Benz S320 at THB2700 net per car per way

A Toyota Commuter van at THB2500net per van per way (maximum 10 persons per van)

A Volkswagen van at THB3000net per van per way (maximum 6 persons per van)

You may like to know Banyan Tree Bangkok is the Tallest All Suite Hotel located in the heart of Bangkok, with a panaromic view of the Chao Phraya River and the City. We also have Asia's tallest garden Spa and the famous "roofless" Vertigo Restaurant which is the highest al-fresco grill bar located on the 61st floor. Kindly contact if you would like more information.

Due to limited availability, please be advised that we have not blocked any suite currently. Confirmation of reservation will be subject to availability. Please advise your credit card details and expiry date to confirm the reservation.

Should you need more information or assistance, please do feel free to contact us.

Best regards,

Pratsanee Khongjitt | Executive, Reservation| Banyan Tree Bangkok | 21/100 South Sathon Road |Sathon|

Bangkok 10120 |Thailand | Tel: +66 2 679 1200 ext. 1252 | Fax: +66 2 679 1210 | [email protected] |banyantree.com
Old May 27, 2009, 11:08 pm
Original Poster

Programs: Hertz PC, Hilton DMD, IHG Spire Amb, Bonvoy Titanium Elite & WoH Globalist
Originally Posted by jbatl
Wirelessly posted (Mozilla/4.0 (compatible; MSIE 4.01; Windows CE; PPC; 240x320))

Recently in Mayakoba at the Fairmont. Banyan Tree looks spectacular. About 100 villas, each with a private rooftop pool. Will look up this deal as soon as I'm not wireless.
Each of the twenty-two villas is equipped with separate living and study pavilions, and can house up to three guests, with the inclusion of additional bed. With your own 41 sq.m./441 sq.ft. Swimming pool and an adjacent outdoor jet-pool, you will have the option of spending languid afternoons soaking your cares away.

EDIT: I'm a bit confused. Can this deal be booked online or do you need to fill out an enquiry form?
You can do it either way: http://www.banyantree.com/resorts/ma...nyan_tree.html

http://reservations.ihotelier.com/cr...1&LanguageID=1

http://www.banyantree.com/en/reserva...ge_selected=en

But I'd wait and book between June 1-15 for the 50% off.
Old May 27, 2009, 11:14 pm
Original Poster

Originally Posted by buschoi
I filled out the enquiry form and received the following response. I don't think I am getting 50% off at all....

[CODE]Dear Mr. buschoi,

Further to your email, we understand that you would like to stay at Banyan Tree Bangkok during 18th -20th July 09, and we are pleased to offer the best of Banyan promotion rates as follow:

The Best of Banyan Tree

Banyan Tree Hotels & Resorts celebrates its 15th Anniversary with special promotion ...
Please be advised that a limited period 50% savings await guests who book between 1-15 June for stays from 1 June to 30 September 2009.

I hope this helps.
Old May 27, 2009, 11:49 pm

Programs: Alaska MVPG 100K, IHG Ambassador, Hilton Diamond, Hyatt Globalist, Marriott Titanium
Originally Posted by Kalboz
Please be advised that a limited period 50% savings await guests who book between 1-15 June for stays from 1 June to 30 September 2009.

I hope this helps.
Thanks, Kalboz. I guess I will have to be a little more patience to wait a few more days to book it. I just wonder if the 50% off will be based on the full rate (THB 17,000) or the special rate (THB 11,135). I will find out on next Monday anyway.
Old May 28, 2009, 3:39 am

Programs: Delta Silver, United 2P, SQ, SPG Plat, PC Plat AMB, Hyatt Dia, Hilton Gold, Accor Plat
50% off in Bali...

Keep us posted on the Bali deals (if any). Bali seems to be insulated from the rest of the world in terms of the travel downturn. Hotel rates very high comparatively speaking and are at pre-attack rates.
Old May 29, 2009, 8:44 am
Original Poster

Originally Posted by CanuckinKL
Keep us posted on the Bali deals (if any). Bali seems to be insulated from the rest of the world in terms of the travel downturn. Hotel rates very high comparatively speaking and are at pre-attack rates.
You are right on!

Hotels in the Asia Pacific region reported double-digit decreases when reported in U.S. dollars for all three key performance metrics for April 2009, according to data compiled by STR Global.

“The Asia Pacific region, along with the Middle East, has come into a similar cyclical movement as Europe and North America - but there are a few highlights still,” said James Chappell, managing director of STR Global. “Bali, Indonesia, increased 21.5% in RevPAR (in local currency), and Seoul, South Korea, reported a 16.3% increase (in local currency) in the measure.”

Bali was the only key market [in Asia] to report a RevPAR increase (+5.0% to US$78.83). New Delhi reported the largest decrease in RevPAR, which dropped 52.7% to US$101.33. Three other key markets that reported large RevPAR decreases include: Mumbai (-51.4% to US$95.56); Beijing (-51.2% to US$50.46); and Bangkok (-47% to US$39.74).
Old May 30, 2009, 12:41 am
Original Poster

Banyan Tree Mayakoba

Not only this property made the It List: 45 Best New Hotels of 2009 by AMEX' TRAVEL + LEISURE magazine at no. 3 but also the top hotel at hotels in Playa del Carmen on Trip Advisor.

http://www.travelandleisure.com/slid...-hotels-2009/3

http://www.tripadvisor.com/Hotel_Rev...Peninsula.html

Last edited by Kalboz; May 30, 2009 at 1:02 am
Old May 30, 2009, 12:59 am

Programs: KF
WoW just in time for my planned vacation.

^
Old May 30, 2009, 8:06 am

Location: Austin, TX -- AA Life Platinum; QF Life Silver; UA Silver
Ah... Love the Banyan Tree. Spent one night at the Bintan (and my wife spent another 3 nights while I did mileage runs ). Too bad my vacation is already gone for the year!
Old Jun 1, 2009, 11:32 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Perhaps a naive question from someone who deals primarily with chains and points: how good are those promotional rates? Is this really a great sale or just another marketing tool?
Old Jun 1, 2009, 4:39 pm
Tak

Programs:  UA 1MM, JAL JGC Diamond, SPG Lifetime PLT, AMEX PLT
I just checked the rate at Banyan tree Lijiang, China since I did stayed there last march.

It was indeed a very good rate of 1700CNY for pool villa including Breakfast, 1time dinner and massage(allow only 2 nights).
It was about 10 minutes away from Old town Lijiang, but it was a unique and beautiful hotel.

If anyone go Lijiang, I highly recommend it!
Old Jun 1, 2009, 8:58 pm
Original Poster

Originally Posted by azepine00
Perhaps a naive question from someone who deals primarily with chains and points: how good are those promotional rates? Is this really a great sale or just another marketing tool?
This promo is a marketing tool for sure but a legit one and it is a great value. For instance, Banyan Tree Bangkok premier-type suite's rack or retail rate is about U$330, including breakfast, lounge, and other benefits. However, under this promotion, it's about U$165 and you get the extra benefits such as dinners and spa treatment. See more:

http://www.banyantree.com/bangkok/su...e_premier.html

http://www.banyantree.com/resorts/ba..._jun_2009.html

Although I love the international chains and their loyalty point programs, the Banyan Tree is a truly luxurious chain where you splurge and get pampered.

Originally Posted by Tak
I just checked the rate at Banyan tree Lijiang, China since I did stayed there last march.

It was indeed a very good rate of 1700CNY for pool villa including Breakfast, 1time dinner and massage(allow only 2 nights).
It was about 10 minutes away from Old town Lijiang, but it was a unique and beautiful hotel.

If anyone go Lijiang, I highly recommend it!
Banyan Tree Lijiang's Deluxe Pool Villa usually goes for around U$500.

http://www.banyantree.com/resorts/li..._jun_2009.html

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.