Search

(Expired) Expedia Refer-A-Friend promo

Search this Thread

Old May 17, 2009, 10:31 am
Original Poster

Programs: AB Platinum (AB4EVA), IHG Diamond, Dominos Gold
(Expired) Expedia Refer-A-Friend promo

http://referafriend.expedia.co.uk/

Refer a friend to Expedia and receive a £40 off voucher once the friend makes their first booking on www.expedia.co.uk, the friend you refer will also receive a £20 off voucher to be redeemed against their first booking

Last edited by MileageAddict; May 22, 2009 at 9:43 am
Old May 17, 2009, 12:13 pm

guys, how long have been waiting till you became £40 voucher? Because my friends have done their booking 2-3 days ago but I haven't received any voucher...
Old May 17, 2009, 4:59 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Frontier Gold, DL estranged 1MMer, Spirit VIP, CO/NW/UA/AA once gold/plat/comped gold now dust.
Originally Posted by mike-88
guys, how long have been waiting till you became £40 voucher? Because my friends have done their booking 2-3 days ago but I haven't received any voucher...
They've been very slow and appear to be generated in batch jobs (i.e. show up at once). I'm also unsure if "public" codes posted here will result in a referral bonus if there's a mismatch on the e-mail addresses on the Expedia acct. vs. the one used for the referral (maybe someone else can speak to that).

Last edited by RustyC; May 17, 2009 at 7:38 pm
Old May 17, 2009, 6:42 pm

Programs: SAS Eurobonus - Blue / Emirates Skywards - Blue
I'm more than happy with my efforts so far on this. It's saved me a fair few quid on my upcoming travels ^

I agree with what people have said it's infinitely possible to get free or close to free nights with this promotion

-mrploddy
Old May 18, 2009, 5:22 am

Originally Posted by RustyC
They've been very slow and appear to be generated in batch jobs (i.e. show up at once). I'm also unsure if "public" codes posted here will result in a referral bonus if there's a mismatch on the e-mail addresses on the Expedia acct. vs. the one used for the referral (maybe someone else can speak to that).
But may be have somebody here received £40 voucher for "public" codes?
Old May 18, 2009, 6:12 am

Programs: AS MVP, Hilton Diamond, IHG Gold
Your thread master here. I'm traveling till June 1, so no updates will be done till then.

Please try to keep this thread neat and tidy while I'm gone. Thanks!
Old May 18, 2009, 7:18 am

Programs: IHG Rewards Platinum, Marriott Gold, Hilton Diamond, UA/DL/AA Back of the plane...
Originally Posted by boxo
Please try to keep this thread neat and tidy while I'm gone.
Not sure that is shutting the barn door after the horse left.... IMHO the pages of expedia posts have impacted the greatness of this thread.
Old May 18, 2009, 8:56 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by fwfdan
Not sure that is shutting the barn door after the horse left.... IMHO the pages of expedia posts have impacted the greatness of this thread.
Yeah, but the Expedia deal is, by far, the best hotel deal around right now.

Perhaps the moderators could split it off? It's kind of a separate concept.

The only reason to keep it here is to keep it a bit below the radar, as I'm sure it's not being used as the marketers intended.
Old May 18, 2009, 9:56 am

Originally Posted by iahphx
I came across that site earlier this week. It says "[y]ou must be a UK resident to use this website."

Is that enforced? Don't you need a UK address? And how do they do the payout?

I guess there's little to lose by registering from abroad.
I have used this for eBay and lastminute.com. Cashback is best made directly to a UK bank account but it can be sent by cheque (to a UK address I would have thought).

Just open an offshore account or a GBP via a US bank domiciled in the UK like Citi.
Old May 18, 2009, 7:54 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Frontier Gold, DL estranged 1MMer, Spirit VIP, CO/NW/UA/AA once gold/plat/comped gold now dust.
No cred here yet for any public codes. Others slow. Both types of vouchers max out at 1 night's cost on the stay, so if the hotel is a good bit less than the voucher amount (e.g. Las Vegas, Reno), it only deducts the one night cost (e.g. 12 pounds) rather than the full voucher value.

So, optimally, it's best for 1-night stays at places that charge as close to the voucher amount as possible (since they'll charge you the booking fee anyway).

It DOES stack with %-off offers or second-night-free or anything like that you can find.

It could also encourage "nomadic" trips (drive around a state, stay in a different place every night), which is a contrast to Priceline/Hotwire, where lots of 1-dayers would cost $8 or so each just in booking fees.

As always, PM me with e-mail address (can be junk e-mail) for your very own Expedia e-mail with code. I tend to be a night owl in time online.
Old May 19, 2009, 1:53 am

Programs: BA Gold, TK Plat, Marriott Ambassador (LP), Hilton Diamond
I have one more code : 8KG4-ZGF7-8MX5-PFRW
Old May 19, 2009, 3:55 pm
Suspended

Hey

I can also help with expedia.co.uk 20GBP off coupon codes if anyone needs one
Just PM your name/e-mail.

Last edited by trueflight7; May 19, 2009 at 4:08 pm
Old May 19, 2009, 8:30 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by iahphx
Yeah, but the Expedia deal is, by far, the best hotel deal around right now.

Perhaps the moderators could split it off? It's kind of a separate concept.

The only reason to keep it here is to keep it a bit below the radar, as I'm sure it's not being used as the marketers intended.
Ya reckon?

I think the really big dealfinder boards are helping a bit by being very strict about policies to not allow posts where there's any benefit for the poster, even though it's also clearly a good deal for the referred person.

Thirty-six more hours before my mini-vacation to North Dakota (made possible in part by needing to burn off the last WorldPerks Visa 6K mileage discount). PM me with e-mail address if you want a code to save 20 pounds (about $30)(get 'em while they're hot!)
Old May 20, 2009, 3:38 am

Programs: SAS Eurobonus - Blue / Emirates Skywards - Blue
It seems to take 2 - 3 days for the £40 voucher.

However a new observation I've noticed. It seems the £40 vouchers are keyed to cards and email addresses too. Good job I have multiple pieces of plastic to use

-mrploddy
Old May 20, 2009, 4:27 am

Programs: AA EXP
Hello everybody,
here are some more codes in case you need them.
8RND-VD8B-WF4T-9TF8
9CEJ-4M9G-D3RS-874K
9PPQ-LQ14-ZNGZ-VDME
CBR0-1L3R-J2XR-RNJ7
8KGC-1G40-69X5-PFXB
Let me know if you need more
ngls

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.