IHG Hotels - Friends and Family Promotion [updated Jan 2014]

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

IHG Hotels - Friends and Family Promotion [updated Jan 2014]

Search this Thread

Old Mar 18, 2013, 8:18 am

Hi Awesome Andy,

We are planning a trip in the summer to HK, which location did you stay in? was it easy to get around? Husband and son are going too, do you know if they offer 2 queen beds?

Any feedback would be greatly appreciated, thanks!

Originally Posted by Awesom Andy
Not exactly China, but they didn't ask for the voucher when I was in Hong Kong 2 months ago, although they did mention that I'm on the friends and family rate.
Old Mar 23, 2013, 8:03 pm

IHG friends and family rate 2013

How do I get this to work, and what are these vouchers that you are talking about that I may need. Please and thanks for the help
Old Mar 23, 2013, 8:15 pm

Programs: AGR, PC, HH no status as I stopped paying for travel
Originally Posted by JPL226
How do I get this to work, and what are these vouchers that you are talking about that I may need. Please and thanks for the help
Click on this link and read. If any questions remain after you read the page then PM me

http://www.ihg.com/hotels/us/en/glob...216-_-AM26648&
Old Mar 24, 2013, 3:16 pm

Does anyone know what's happening to the IHG F&F offer/link? It was working a couple weeks ago, but it seems the offer is over by now? Can anyone confirm this? TIA
Old Mar 24, 2013, 3:54 pm

Originally Posted by VacationCat
Does anyone know what's happening to the IHG F&F offer/link? It was working a couple weeks ago, but it seems the offer is over by now? Can anyone confirm this? TIA
http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/hotel...te-2013-a.html
Old Mar 25, 2013, 12:35 am

Programs: BA Silver
I used it a couple of days ago using Steve's link. So, still working.
Old Mar 25, 2013, 2:21 am

i'm the same, tried last night and again today - when I click on "Find a Hotel" it just has the spinning circle to the left and never actually returns any result
Old Mar 25, 2013, 6:51 am

Programs: PC Plat, SPG Gold, Marriott Gold,HHonors Diamond, Avis PC, Hertz PC, National Exec Elite
Originally Posted by phat-dave
i'm the same, tried last night and again today - when I click on "Find a Hotel" it just has the spinning circle to the left and never actually returns any result
Same thing happening to me.

I closed the browser and typed in holidayinn.com. The friends and family rate still came up on the drop down and was able to book the rate.
Old Mar 25, 2013, 9:18 am

Programs: UA, IHG Platinum, BW Diamond, Carlson Gold, Accor Platinum,
so what about the breakfast with this rate ? Thanks
Old Mar 25, 2013, 4:32 pm

Originally Posted by deemkaa
so what about the breakfast with this rate ? Thanks
What about it. Isn't any better or worse at this rate.

Last edited by darben; Mar 26, 2013 at 9:20 am
Old Mar 26, 2013, 2:34 pm

Programs: UA, IHG Platinum, BW Diamond, Carlson Gold, Accor Platinum,
Thanks darben. I meant to ask if the breakfast is included with that rate. I should phrase it differently. Anyway, you answered my question.
Old Mar 27, 2013, 4:01 am

Programs: QF WP
Originally Posted by needtofly
Hi Awesome Andy,

We are planning a trip in the summer to HK, which location did you stay in? was it easy to get around? Husband and son are going too, do you know if they offer 2 queen beds?

Sorry, it's a little while since I checked this thread. I'll give a really quick run-down here, but since it's really off-topic, it's probably best to start a new thread or use private messages if we want to discuss further.

Firstly, make sure you don't book anything in Shenzhen. The properties come up as well, but they aren't in HKG. Secondly, the properties in Kowloon East are quite far away from the action, so you probably want to avoid them as well.

I don't know of any properties having 2x queen beds, although some have 2x double beds, while others have options for 3 people in a room. However, keep in mind that hotel rooms in HKG are generally very tiny, so fitting 3 people in a room probably won't be very comfortable.
Old Apr 17, 2013, 7:43 am

Originally Posted by needtofly
Hi Awesome Andy,

Sorry to jump into your thread, but we used the rate last year at the Crown Plaza Causeway Bay. We had to wait 30 minutes in the lobby until a "senior" manager approved it because the front desk couldn't believe we got such a good rate. i can't remember how much it was but it was very very good.
The room was INCREDIBLE but it was a single king. not sure if they offer 2 queen beds.

The location is within walking distance to Times Square where you can easily get onto the subway. There is a laundry place we used about 2 blocks away.
Old Apr 28, 2013, 7:36 pm

Programs: UA Club Card, UA & DL Platinum; Hyatt's Gold Passport, AVIS President's Club, AA, GOES
We just returned home from Waikiki. We used the family and friends of Ana Lowe and it worked. No questioned asked at the check-in. In fact, we requested a courtesy upgrade on the higher floors and it worked too. They gave us a King size bed on the 11th floor. The view was beautiful...
Old Apr 29, 2013, 5:26 pm

Is the link in the original post still valid? I cant see the deals. Do I need a referal?

thank you

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.