Community
Wiki Posts
Search

IHG Hotels - Friends and Family Promotion [updated Jan 2014]

Search this Thread

Old Jun 18, 2012, 9:37 am

Programs: IHG Diamond Elite, Hilton Diamond, Hertz President's Circle
Originally Posted by r6vo
Would using any discounts like AAA or discount coupons invalidate the $75/$50 rebate offers? Thanks
No. I've already received two $50 Visa (rebate) cards from this offer. They were both AAA rate reservations.
Old Jun 18, 2012, 12:35 pm

Programs: hilton diamond SPG/Marriott platinum UA silver AA platinum
Appreciate your response, calitalian
Originally Posted by CalItalian
No. I've already received two $50 Visa (rebate) cards from this offer. They were both AAA rate reservations.
Old Jun 18, 2012, 11:23 pm

Programs: hilton diamond SPG/Marriott platinum UA silver AA platinum
Ended up using the F&F deal since would be staying in a hotel for one night. It says one can book only two rooms per day using F&F. How strictly do they enforce it? Anybody having any experience with that
Debashish
Old Jun 19, 2012, 11:19 am

3 rooms...

Ended up using the F&F deal since would be staying in a hotel for one night. It says one can book only two rooms per day using F&F. How strictly do they enforce it? Anybody having any experience with that
Debashish
DH, and 2 co workers each booked a room at London Indigo recently. Total 3 rooms, each person booking using Uncle Steve's link.
Old Jun 27, 2012, 5:32 pm

Debashish
I have heard of people booking more than two rooms and not having an issue. But, you just never know when you may just choose that one hotel that follows the rules to a T. If you need that many rooms, you probably have a few people traveling, so why not put the reservations under multiple names? It wouldn't be an issue because you wouldn't have more than two rooms per name.
Old Jun 27, 2012, 5:43 pm

Originally Posted by bouncingbug
Anyone have success using the F&F rate for Bora bora or Moorea?
Nope, have yet to know of anyone who has taken advantage of that, mainly because the rates are so high even under the F&F. Unless you want to pay $7,000 for a night. I have really hoped that the employee rate would be available, but that seems to be impossible. Why does that make you want to stay more when the rate is so difficult to get? It must be an amazing place. I hope you are able to get a good deal with the F&F rate!
Old Jul 4, 2012, 5:28 pm

In over 10 different searches the F&F rate was much higher than Senior, Entertainment, or AAA---am I missing how to get the best F&F rate?
Old Jul 10, 2012, 12:12 pm

Originally Posted by best
In over 10 different searches the F&F rate was much higher than Senior, Entertainment, or AAA---am I missing how to get the best F&F rate?
No. That is the thing about the F&F rate. Is not guaranteed to be lower than other rate options. The best philosophy is to check the F&F rate, then priority club point eligible rates and see what would be the best option for you. There isn't a rule of thumb to this as each hotel is different. Keep trying!
Old Jul 25, 2012, 4:03 pm

Programs: IHG Royal Ambassador, Marriott Platinum, Delta Gold
IHG Rate

Originally Posted by rmccamman
I checked this and it doesn't seem to be such a great deal. My rate through this site was $188 at the IC in Atlanta. When I booked it myself it was $120. Am I doing something wrong?
Old Aug 2, 2012, 2:58 pm

Programs: LH FTL,Hyatt Platinum,BMI Silver
Always compare the prices and check all alternatives...

I think that F+F rates are one good option among many others to find and get good hotel rates. But sometimes it is worth it to check other offers, discount codes and promotions as well. For certain hotels you can really make a bargain, or lets say, you can get an acceptable price, whereas for other properties you may find better options and offers somewhere else. My question is: For a city like Hong-Kong the F+F rate is still very expensive. Does anyone have an idea how to get an IC hotel or hotel of IHG group in HK at an affordable price? I do have the feeling, that in the past the F+F rate for HK used to be much better for the IC- Hotels.
Old Aug 2, 2012, 3:16 pm

Originally Posted by kaninchen
For a city like Hong-Kong the F+F rate is still very expensive. Does anyone have an idea how to get an IC hotel or hotel of IHG group in HK at an affordable price? I do have the feeling, that in the past the F+F rate for HK used to be much better for the IC- Hotels.
I agree. I think the best HI deal in Hong Kong are the new HI Express opening in October using points. There is one opening near the Hong Kong ferry (city side) and one opening in Kaloon. Both are 15,000 points or some lesser combination of cash and points. We will be there for 3 nights next February.
Old Aug 2, 2012, 3:34 pm

Programs: LH FTL,Hyatt Platinum,BMI Silver
Thanks for your answer. Well, for certain pairs of cities I unfortunately still havent found the best offers for me yet. However, I always try all different ways, like official promotions and/ or discount codes, cashback offers, F+F rates or other special rates etc. If you are very lucky, you can sometimes benefit from two offers and promotions at the same time, e.g. a special hotel night sale in combination with a cashback promotion etc. Of course it is good that you mentioned that in certain cases the utilisation of points can be an option as well...Earn points and stays in hotels with a low price and redeem your points for expensive properties...
Old Aug 2, 2012, 11:37 pm

Programs: IHG Diamond Elite, Hilton Diamond, Hertz President's Circle
Mr Rebates

MrRebates.com is back to 15% for ALL IHG brands.
Old Aug 3, 2012, 9:11 am

Programs: Clubcarlson Gold, Hilton Diamond, IHG Spire AMB etc.
Originally Posted by CalItalian
MrRebates.com is back to 15% for ALL IHG brands.
Will this work with my corporate rate as well?
Old Aug 15, 2012, 1:39 am
LAX

Programs: OZ Diamond
Would using any discounts like AAA or discount coupons invalidate the $75/$50 rebate offers? Thanks
What about advanced (prepaid) rates booked directly with IHG's website? Are those considered qualifying rates for the $75 weekend rebate? TIA.

LAX

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.