Wiki Posts
Search

IHG Hotels - Friends and Family Promotion [updated Jan 2014]

Search this Thread

Old Dec 14, 2011, 11:45 am

Programs: AGR, PC, HH no status as I stopped paying for travel
Stop fretting start using

Originally Posted by ksf45632
Is it really scam on their part? It seems you used a Friends and Family rate without actually having friends or family working for IHG. Just because you know someone's name who works there doesn't mean you are entitled to the rate. In fact, I would venture to say that you got off easy because it looks like you got a discounted rate from what other customers had to pay.

It's unfortunate you got caught, but I wouldn't say it's a scam.
Steve Sickl has specifically authorized flyertalk members to use the code. If you would bother searching on this board you would discover that.

But I will post the link for you to read
http://boardingarea.com/blogs/mileop...otel-discount/

Perhaps you owe someone an apology?
Old Dec 14, 2011, 12:37 pm

Originally Posted by darben
Steve Sickl has specifically authorized flyertalk members to use the code. If you would bother searching on this board you would discover that.

But I will post the link for you to read
http://boardingarea.com/blogs/mileop...otel-discount/

Perhaps you owe someone an apology?
I did read that. The article is from 2009 and the rules in Randy's post state that it is good through May 31, 2009. I personally don't think its a "scam" but I do sympathize with the poster.

Last edited by Moorea; Dec 14, 2011 at 12:57 pm
Old Dec 14, 2011, 4:06 pm

and if you search this thread you would find posts where it has been extended
Old Dec 14, 2011, 7:41 pm

I realize the FnF program has been extended, however I have not read any official communication that Steve approved the use of his name beyond the 09 date. I understand it has been working, but also understand a few have been having problems lately. Anyhow, I have my opinions about it and you have yours.
Old Dec 14, 2011, 7:54 pm

I realize the FnF program has been extended, however I have not read any official communication that Steve approved the use of his name beyond the 09 date. I understand it has been working, but also understand a few have been having problems lately. Anyhow, I have my opinions about it and you have yours.
And I have been using the F&F rate for years and read the threads and you apparently do not.

So I feel I have knowledge while you have an opinion and make assumptions.
Old Dec 14, 2011, 7:57 pm

If you show me official communication from Steve that says everyone is authorized to use his name I will certainly stand corrected
Old Dec 14, 2011, 8:17 pm

Programs: IHG Diamond Elite, Hilton Diamond, Hertz President's Circle
If you show me official communication from Steve that says everyone is authorized to use his name I will certainly stand corrected
Can you explain to us why the Steve Sickel Friends and Family page is still up? Or why each reservation, including one as late as two days ago for me, was accepted with his name on the rate voucher (which I've done many times this year at the same hotel)?
Old Dec 14, 2011, 8:23 pm

Is it really scam on their part? It seems you used a Friends and Family rate without actually having friends or family working for IHG. Just because you know someone's name who works there doesn't mean you are entitled to the rate. In fact, I would venture to say that you got off easy because it looks like you got a discounted rate from what other customers had to pay.

It's unfortunate you got caught, but I wouldn't say it's a scam.
While I am at Macy's, the cashiers, who I don't know, give me "Friends and Family" discount coupons. Why is that?

I get emails and text messages from JC Penney for "Friends and Family" discounts/coupons at least once every couple of months.

I have no friends or family that work at The Gap, yet, at all their family of various chains I get "Friends and Family" emails for discounts.

It's a marketing gimmick, especially now in these times. Get over it. Your posts are silly.
Old Dec 14, 2011, 8:24 pm

Then why are some people Being denied the rate?
Old Dec 14, 2011, 8:31 pm

Then why are some people Being denied the rate?
Who? Point them out. Link them. A poster who has a total of 3 posts and makes vague, unsubstantiated claims?
Old Dec 14, 2011, 8:36 pm

Well that post was how this whole discussion started. Anyhow, you can believe what you want. So can I.
Old Dec 14, 2011, 8:49 pm

Well that post was how this whole discussion started. Anyhow, you can believe what you want. So can I.
Yes and the world is square and when I walk outside, I'm going to fall off the side of the earth.

One poster with THREE posts vs. how many of us who are Priority Club members (or even Platinum members like myself)? I see NO posts in the Priority Club forum to substantiate that post. NONE. Again, show us PROOF. I'm staying in a room with a Steve Sickel voucher as I post this. It was accepted without question. You don't even understand what "Friends and Family" means as a marketing tool...so I give a big fat zero to your crediblity. Stop threadcrapping.
Old Dec 14, 2011, 10:41 pm

Programs: UA Plat MM, AA Gold, Hyatt Explorist, Hilton Gold, IHG Plat, Marriott Titanium Elite
Originally Posted by CalItalian
Yes and the world is square and when I walk outside, I'm going to fall off the side of the earth.

One poster with THREE posts vs. how many of us who are Priority Club members (or even Platinum members like myself)? I see NO posts in the Priority Club forum to substantiate that post. NONE. Again, show us PROOF. I'm staying in a room with a Steve Sickel voucher as I post this. It was accepted without question. You don't even understand what "Friends and Family" means as a marketing tool...so I give a big fat zero to your crediblity. Stop threadcrapping.
+1. My experience has been the same as yours. Steve Sickel is the Senior Vice President, Distribution & Relationship Marketing at IHG! He knows what he is doing and that is to encourage people to stay at IHG hotels. For anyone to suggest that he would open this door and then slam it shut at an arbitrary date when the promotion has been continually extended is absurd and idiotic.
Old Dec 24, 2011, 4:36 am

Originally Posted by CalItalian
Who? Point them out. Link them. A poster who has a total of 3 posts and makes vague, unsubstantiated claims?
Actually, I work at an IHG hotel and run a website for hotel employees. It was one of our members that informed me that their hotel was no longer accepting them with Steve's name on it.

FYI, my hotel will still accept Steve Sickel vouchers. I'm just passing along what I've been told by GSRs at other hotels.

Last edited by chwgmjay; Dec 24, 2011 at 4:42 am
Old Dec 24, 2011, 9:34 am

Originally Posted by chwgmjay
Actually, I work at an IHG hotel and run a website for hotel employees. It was one of our members that informed me that their hotel was no longer accepting them with Steve's name on it.

FYI, my hotel will still accept Steve Sickel vouchers. I'm just passing along what I've been told by GSRs at other hotels.
NO what you are is a person with 4 posts who at best still just passing along rumors.

My vice president trumps your Hotel employees.
F&F is a wonderful rate product that the hotel itself can opt out of. So why would a hotel allow the booking and then not honor the rate. So ask you members why their hotel is still allowing bookings at the F&F rate?

Quit spreading rumors and who shot John stories deal in facts.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.