[EXPIRED] LastMinuteTravel.com Offers 15,000 Hotels for $1 Per Night

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

[EXPIRED] LastMinuteTravel.com Offers 15,000 Hotels for $1 Per Night

Search this Thread

Old Jan 27, 2009, 10:10 am

Originally Posted by fsuga
it's not a scam. lots of people, including my girlfriend and i, got rooms yesterday at places that were $760 per night and $610 respectively.
if they browse these forums and hear people talking about lawsuits and beeotching in general, they might just stop the contest and then nobody will have any chance at all to get a room.
That was yesterday. You wouldn't be able to have the advertisement honored like that today.
Old Jan 27, 2009, 10:11 am

It's not only the video there is a survey in between too. But I managed to book the Palm Island Resort in St. Vincent yesterday for 7 nights. I guess if you try not so popular destination you could get it. I guess they limited the dollar amount or if they had reached the limit on the rooms in some popular hotels. My boyfriend didn't have luck with Barbados.
Old Jan 27, 2009, 10:15 am

Originally Posted by tim09
I got in with over 4 minutes to go. I saved all of my information in an IE add-on and filled in the forms automatically so I was done with just over 1 minute left.
can you please explain what IE stands for?? i do have some auto-fill features with my norton software, but really would prefer to have things completed as you did. sounds like the way to go. i am not particularly computer ignorant, but definitely not on the top of that game, either. so, how does one create an IE add-on????? thanks so much and happy travels! congratulations
Old Jan 27, 2009, 10:16 am

I got a 4* in Cancun, it's now advertised as ~$150. I had eyeballed and saved some 5* All-Inclusive properties that were between $220-650 per night. None of them were available for booking. All are available right now.

Clues:
Episode 2 - GR201 on the sweatshirt. I interpret this as 201 AM Greece Time. This is approximately 701 PM Eastern.

Episode 4 - The 9AM bells ring at the Beitgemal monastary in Israel. Also if you read the LMT comments at youtube for this episode, you'll learn that episode 3 occurs in Milan (although putting $1 into the machine makes no sense if this were the case).

Edit: A bit more troubling: My 4* at lastminutetravel.com is a 3* at priceline, expedia, orbitz, hotels.com, and kayak. It's a 3.5* at travelocity.

Last edited by rogue409; Jan 27, 2009 at 10:30 am Reason: update information
Old Jan 27, 2009, 10:17 am

Yesterday I missed it and that was my fault but, today they screwed up and they also took all the good hotels down atleast the ones I wanted in DW. I just dont think that's right at all.
Old Jan 27, 2009, 10:17 am

Originally Posted by luv2ctheworld
Am I the only one that finds the irony that one of their videos shows the disbelieving NYC shirt guy with only seconds left squandering his time by contacting their tech/customer support with seconds left? I think that itself is a hint: you will be stuck watching a video while the precious seconds disappear.
yeah, that's a good one.
Old Jan 27, 2009, 10:21 am

Programs: Korean Air, Lufthansa M&M, SPG ,United Mileage Plus
Damn it, so this started right after i got offline to go to class... Im gonna sit around and wait until my next class .. im not going anywhere.. im assuming this is going to be broken into two again....
Old Jan 27, 2009, 10:28 am

Programs: Amtrak Select Plus, Marriott Platinum, Marriott Lifetime Gold, Hilton Diamond
Availability in my city of choice (Sydney, Australia) dropped from 30 properties to 20 during the "promo" window. Back up to 30 now, of course. I'm glad some people are getting in on this, but the way it's being run is a total fiasco that's unethical, possibly illegal.
Old Jan 27, 2009, 10:28 am

Programs: SPG Lifetime Plat, AA Gold, UA Gold, DL Silver, HH Gold, Vail Epic
Originally Posted by eSurfer
Good question. But given the fact that they keep changing terms and the program is in a semi-stable mode, I'd say it is worth a try, because they might be ultra-busy with other stuff.
I guess so if you're willing to risk losing your first booking. I'm not willing to take that risk. I like my first reservation.

Originally Posted by MyXa
It's not only the video there is a survey in between too. But I managed to book the Palm Island Resort in St. Vincent yesterday for 7 nights.
Ahhhh! When I read your post yesterday, I thought you meant that you got a room on Palm Island in Dubai! I was thinking a little over the top!
Old Jan 27, 2009, 10:36 am

that is 100% correct, I called LMT and spoke with an agent named Marci, she told me they were aware of the fact that people couldn't book higher end hotels.

If you watch this promo video for the $1 rooms:http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hQiNd1e91fI

it clearly states that "all of their over 15,000 premium hotels" will be just $1 a night. I downloaded the video and took print screens of what booking options were available during the $1 booking period and which ones were available during the normal booking period.

Marci asked me to email all the information to customer service and assured me someone would be in contact.

If the don't honor my request to book a five star hotel, i will be speaking with a lawyer.

Originally Posted by Vapno
That was yesterday. You wouldn't be able to have the advertisement honored like that today.
Old Jan 27, 2009, 10:39 am

Programs: Korean Air, Lufthansa M&M, SPG ,United Mileage Plus
I was thinking the same thing as you That would have been nice

Originally Posted by sc flier
I guess so if you're willing to risk losing your first booking. I'm not willing to take that risk. I like my first reservation.

Ahhhh! When I read your post yesterday, I thought you meant that you got a room on Palm Island in Dubai! I was thinking a little over the top!
Old Jan 27, 2009, 10:39 am

Programs: DL, UA, HH, SPG
Originally Posted by ttlax
If they are going to limit the hotels, they need to just put an * and say not all hotels will be available. They say 15,000 for $1 which is a total lie...unless they have thousands more than 15,000 available on their site.
Good point, and I agree with you. I just meant that in general, I don't have a problem with them limiting the promotion. But you are right, they should make that clear in their terms.

Speaking of the T&C, I note that it describes an individual Campaign as "an individual fifteen (15) minute period during a Booking Period in which a Traveler is able to make a Dollar Booking." By that wording, have they not forced themselves to make each promotional period at least fifteen minutes instead of these smaller time blocks we are receiving? And it mentions a fifteen minute interval - doesn't an interval refer to a successive amount of time, or can blocks of smaller intervals (2 minutes here, 5 minutes there) at different times be considered one interval? I know, I am completely over thinking the semantics on this.

Obviously they are opting for the latter split-segment approach, but I want to know if this is in accordance with what the T&C conveys. If this is allowed per the T&C, they can technically offer fifteen 1-minute windows per day and say, "Best of Luck!"
Old Jan 27, 2009, 10:44 am

I agree!! I would have been able to book if the hotel i researched liked the email said, was there even my 3 other back ups were gone but, now they are back!! If they were going to limit the hotels they should have stated that only hotels in a certain price range would be available. That's false advertisement. I hope they do it again today and get it right this time!! Or I may contact authorities as well
Old Jan 27, 2009, 10:48 am

Programs: AA-UA-AS IHG-SPG-Carlson
Originally Posted by rogue409
Clues: Episode 2 - GR201 on the sweatshirt.
I interpret this as 201 AM Greece Time.
This is approximately 701 PM Eastern.
Interesting observation !
But why Greece Time, and not GMT, i.e. 2 hours earlier ...?
Old Jan 27, 2009, 10:56 am

Programs: US, SPG, SW
Originally Posted by rogue409
I got a 4* in Cancun, it's now advertised as ~$150. I had eyeballed and saved some 5* All-Inclusive properties that were between $220-650 per night. None of them were available for booking. All are available right now.

Clues:
Episode 2 - GR201 on the sweatshirt. I interpret this as 201 AM Greece Time. This is approximately 701 PM Eastern.

Episode 4 - The 9AM bells ring at the Beitgemal monastary in Israel. Also if you read the LMT comments at youtube for this episode, you'll learn that episode 3 occurs in Milan (although putting $1 into the machine makes no sense if this were the case).

Edit: A bit more troubling: My 4* at lastminutetravel.com is a 3* at priceline, expedia, orbitz, hotels.com, and kayak. It's a 3.5* at travelocity.
Other than the vidoes, I thought they would continue to send additional clues???? I too experienced 3 videos in a row.. after that it was 45 seconds left...
But yesterday I also thought they ran the contest a few times..

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.