Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Expedia: $50 off hotel stay of 3+ night, book by 1/31/09, travel by 3/31/09

Search this Thread

Old Sep 22, 2008, 11:59 am
Original Poster

Expedia: $50 off hotel stay of 3+ night, book by 1/31/09, travel by 3/31/09

The coupon code is FAN50. See here for full terms and conditions. I got this one at a football game.
Old Sep 22, 2008, 12:22 pm

Programs: IHG Diamond Elite, Hilton Diamond, Hertz President's Circle
Originally Posted by crhptic
The coupon code is FAN50. See here for full terms and conditions. I got this one at a football game.
You should post this in the Hotel Deals forum.
Old Sep 22, 2008, 12:55 pm
jsm

Location: Northridge, CA, - AA EXP 3 MM , Bonvoy Ambassador, Hertz PC, Lots of other programs and points
I am moving to the hotel forum.
Old Sep 23, 2008, 1:34 am

Programs: UA 1k 1MM, AA Exec Plat, Hyatt Diamond, SPG Plat, Marriott Plat, Hilton Gold, IHG Plat, Accor ?????
Great find! Whereas most of their coupons require a minimum cost of $75/night or $100/night, this one does not (at least for the one random property I checked).

By the way, the Expedia "$10 off per night" coupon code for September bookings (min $75/night hotel room, min 2-night stay) is EXP10. But obviously this measly discount is trumped by the OP's coupon, except for 2-night stays.
Old Sep 23, 2008, 2:12 am

Originally Posted by BigE
Great find! Whereas most of their coupons require a minimum cost of $75/night or $100/night, this one does not (at least for the one random property I checked).

By the way, the Expedia "$10 off per night" coupon code for September bookings (min $75/night hotel room, min 2-night stay) is EXP10. But obviously this measly discount is trumped by the OP's coupon, except for 2-night stays.
No minimum. Best I've found so far is Sam's Town Las Vegas 10/27-10/30 or 10/28-10/31 for $22.43 total including taxes.

I would wait until their weekly Wednesday sale to see what the best deals are.
Old Sep 23, 2008, 12:49 pm

Programs: MR LT Titanium, UA 1K, DL Gold, AA EXP
Thanks for the code. Booked Excalibur in LAS for 10/3 - 10/6 for $230. ^
Old Sep 23, 2008, 2:03 pm

Programs: UA Gold-MM, AA Gold-MM, F9-Silver, Hyatt Something, Marriott Gold, IHG Plat, Hilton Diamond
12/28-12/30

Bangkok
Thong Ta Resort And Spa

$22.42 all-in after coupon
Old Sep 23, 2008, 4:23 pm

Programs: UA 1K, Hyatt Plat
I'm getting an error message: "Sorry, we didn't recognize the promotion code you entered. Please re-enter the code and try again, or remove the code to continue."

Anyone else?
Old Sep 23, 2008, 6:35 pm

Originally Posted by intrepid720
I'm getting an error message: "Sorry, we didn't recognize the promotion code you entered. Please re-enter the code and try again, or remove the code to continue."

Anyone else?
I just tried it. No problems.

Whiskey Pete's Primm, Nevada. Most any 3 consecutive weeknights (Sunday-Thursday) $21.01 all-in for 3 nights. Rate is $22 per night before coupon code.
Old Sep 23, 2008, 6:42 pm

Laughlin, Nevada:

River Palms. $10.78 all-in for 3 nights. $19 rate before coupon code.
Tropicana Express and Aquarius (same price for each) $14.31 all-in for 3 nights. $20 rate before coupon code. Aquarius has Sunday nights in December in their Luxury rooms (rather than standard which I'm quoting above) for $16 but the next two nights are $25 each, as well.

Available many dates in December and possibly prior and after. Any 3 consecutive weeknights (Sunday-Thursday nights).

Last edited by CalItalian; Sep 23, 2008 at 6:50 pm
Old Sep 23, 2008, 8:04 pm

My folks want to go to Reno for a week in December. Has anyone booked two consecutive three night stays and used the coupon? I'm assuming the hotel COULD insist that you check out and check in, but for those that have tried this, what is your experience?

Thank you.
Old Sep 23, 2008, 9:09 pm

Programs: UA Gold-MM, AA Gold-MM, F9-Silver, Hyatt Something, Marriott Gold, IHG Plat, Hilton Diamond
Originally Posted by bevvy5
My folks want to go to Reno for a week in December. Has anyone booked two consecutive three night stays and used the coupon? I'm assuming the hotel COULD insist that you check out and check in, but for those that have tried this, what is your experience?

Thank you.
Honestly, for deals like this, I would just book one in your mom's name and one in your dad's name. Have them check out and then back in. It's a small price to pay for $100 in savings! For those who do the BRG thing, it's not uncommon to check in/out every night -- this is only once in a 6 day trip!

Nothing good ever comes from calling attention to oneself when trying to circumvent some rules....
Old Sep 23, 2008, 9:28 pm

Originally Posted by bevvy5

Thank you.
Over the summer, I stayed in Las Vegas at the South Point hotel for 4 nights. I had two $25 coupons off two nights from two different Expedia accounts. I also got a $25 gas card from Expedia for each booking. At the hotel, I told the check-in clerk I had two back-to-back reservations. She was able to change it into one seamless reservation. I didn't even ask her to do it, she said she would. I also explained why I did it. She said she sees that quite often and wondered why people do it.

There is no need to book two back to back Expedia reservations in two different names.
Old Sep 23, 2008, 9:42 pm

Originally Posted by CalItalian
Over the summer, I stayed in Las Vegas at the South Point hotel for 4 nights. I had two $25 coupons off two nights from two different Expedia accounts. I also got a $25 gas card from Expedia for each booking. At the hotel, I told the check-in clerk I had two back-to-back reservations. She was able to change it into one seamless reservation. I didn't even ask her to do it, she said she would. I also explained why I did it. She said she sees that quite often and wondered why people do it.

There is no need to book two back to back Expedia reservations in two different names.
In this case, where I expect that it's Expedia eating the $50, I will probably agree with you. But as a general principle, I find that when I'm using a coupon slightly beyond it's intended purpose, I try to not to attract too much attention....
Old Sep 24, 2008, 12:45 am

Expedia's weekly 24-hour sale is coming up at 12 Midnight PDT until 11:59 PM PDT Wednesday. http://www.expedia.com/daily/promos/...-dma-wave12676 Always some good deals especially in Las Vegas. Greater this week with the coupon code.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.