Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Hotel Deals
Reload this Page >

[EXPIRED] Leading Hotels of the World - $19.28 a night (reg $500-$2000)

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

[EXPIRED] Leading Hotels of the World - $19.28 a night (reg $500-$2000)

Search this Thread

Old Oct 18, 2008, 5:35 am
Moderator, El Al and Marriott Bonvoy, FlyerTalk Evangelist
Hyatt Contributor BadgeMarriott Contributor Badge

Programs: SQ*G, Mar LTT, Hyatt Glb, AA LTG, LY, HH, IC, BA, DL, UA SLV
I'll make a go at it. Put it in my calendar and if it works out I'll try to get my ask in.
Old Oct 18, 2008, 5:40 am

deleted

Last edited by SkeptiCallie; Oct 30, 2008 at 7:17 am
Old Oct 18, 2008, 7:21 am

Original Terms & Conditions....

Originally Posted by SkeptiCallie
Crd3000, since your post appears to indicate that you still have a record of the T&C (if I have read it correctly), would you mind please checking to see if the original T&C did or did not require prior registration as a condition to participate? TIA.
Hi SkeptiCallie,
These are the original T&C's.

They just added the 'one per household' line on the end of this on Sept 13th (I made sure that the other T%C's remained the same when I posted the 'household' bit on Sept 13th):

Terms and Conditions of USD 19.28 Promotion

This offer is based strictly upon limited availability and cannot be combined with any other offer or benefit. Individuals that have registered for the promotion will have the opportunity to reserve a maximum of two nights at USD 19.28 per night (exclusive of taxes, vat or other supplemental charges) at a single participating hotel for travel between November 1, 2008 and December 15, 2008. Additional nights may be available at the hotel's standard rates. The number of rooms available at the USD 19.28 rate and the available dates for travel vary among the participating hotels.

All purchases are restricted to one reservation per customer and are non-transferable. Any additional or improperly booked reservations at the USD 19.28 promotional rate will be subject to cancellation by the hotel and/or The Leading Hotels of the World, Ltd. Room nights cannot be resold through any alternate distribution channels. Reservations are subject to the other terms and conditions of the reservation, including occupancy restrictions and cancellation policies.

The Leading Hotels of the World, Ltd. does not guarantee that customers will be able to obtain the promotional rate and shall not be liable in the event such rate is unavailable for any reason, including, without limitation, the limited availability thereof or the inability of a customer to access lhw.com to make a reservation. The following persons are not eligible to participate in this promotion:

a.) employees of The Leading Hotels of the World, Ltd. or any affiliates or subsidiaries thereof;
b.) employees of any member of The Leading Hotels of the World; and
c.) immediate family members of, or persons domiciled with, any such employee.

As part of the pre-registration for this promotion,
The Leading Hotels of the World will be collecting email addresses. The Leading Hotels of the World reserves the right to use these emails for the purpose of communication regarding the 1928 offer as well as other promotional offers.
-----------------------

It did say in the email from them

We are delighted to reconfirm that you are registered to participate in the USD 19.28 promotion. As the promotion has received a tremendous response, we have attached some frequently asked questions and information to assist you in making the most of the sale.

And also:

you'll be able to access the sale by logging into www.lhw.com/1928 using the email with which you registered. The sale will not be available via our reservations centers

I hope this helps,
Caroline.

Last edited by crd3000; Oct 18, 2008 at 7:28 am
Old Oct 18, 2008, 7:34 am

Don't forget that our original email said:

Caroline,

You are now registered for the Leading Hotels USD 19.28 promotion. On October 1, 2008, you will be asked to enter your e-mail address, which will serve as your key to unlock this special limited offer.
Old Oct 18, 2008, 7:50 am

Programs: HH Silver IHG Platinum
Why is everyone making a big deal out of a promotional lottery? If one of their lawyers feels that they should not restrict participation, then so be it. I would rather take caution myself if I had a legal analyst that advised me the same.
Old Oct 18, 2008, 8:11 am

Programs: LH SEN
Hi all. Its funny how most say we give up on lhw, but the truth is they got us by the b-lls(sorry dont know the fem term ).
Since everyone here seems to love to gamble, how about us starting a new
'promotion',and try and guess how many people are going to try and get a 19.28$ room with LHW's new registration process.
Last time there were 150,000 entries, this time I bet the number will rise to around 230,000.
Whats your guess?
CU
KC
Old Oct 18, 2008, 8:15 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA 2MM, AS MVP Gold, Hilton Diamond
Originally Posted by AvalancheZ71
Why is everyone making a big deal out of a promotional lottery? If one of their lawyers feels that they should not restrict participation, then so be it. I would rather take caution myself if I had a legal analyst that advised me the same.
The problem is that their lawyers did not feel that restricting participation to registrants was a problem in the first two iterations of this promo. Now that it works to their advantage not to restrict it (and to the disadvantage of all those who registered before) they discover this law (they claim).

The whole history of this thing screams of a vast idea being implemented by half-vast people.
Old Oct 18, 2008, 9:06 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by zambu
(sorry dont know the fem term ).
"short hairs"
Old Oct 18, 2008, 9:15 am

This has been so convoluted, I forgot one basic detail. Is there a maximum night stay?
Old Oct 18, 2008, 9:17 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by broadwayboy
This has been so convoluted, I forgot one basic detail. Is there a maximum night stay?
max=2 @ loss leader rate.
Old Oct 18, 2008, 9:20 am

deleted

Last edited by SkeptiCallie; Oct 30, 2008 at 7:19 am
Old Oct 18, 2008, 9:30 am

Location: District of Columbia, Maryland- AA 2M Life Platinum, UA 1K, TK Gold, BA Silver, IC RA, Fairmont/Marriott Platinum, SPG/Hilton/Omni Gold, Wynn/Makers Mark Ambassador, Hertz Presidents Circle, Avis Chairmans, National Executive
The importance of a hotel stay program is to reward loyalty and make you feel like you are special or getting preferential treatment. It is that differentiating factor LHW is failing to understand in several ways.

1. Being a Leaders Club member, I get minimal recognition and occasional offers in conjunction with American Express. There are no elite levels and LHW is simply a marketing alliance rather than a hotel stay program with rewards.

2. Since the onset of this promotion, LHW has asked me to register but then opens the flood gates to anyone.

3. Their secret website is simply redirected from a previously published page.

I can't wait for this ordeal to soon be over as this game is going on too long. Still, I just want to get my 2 nights (if I can) and forget them.
Old Oct 18, 2008, 10:34 am

Programs: UA plat, , aa plat, marriott LT titanium
Thanks LHW for making me appreciate *wood

Guess I won't be changing my loyalty to a program that operates like this

OTOH it makes me appreciate the honest companies whose promotions and customer service deliver what they promise.

Oh... and the stays I would have booked in Bali due to this promotion (that is the additional days if I had "won" 2 nights) are now going to *wood and Hilton.
Old Oct 18, 2008, 11:44 am

Have just noticed that when you search for 'LHW' in Google....
A sponsored result comes up which says:

Sponsored Link

LHW - Leading Hotels
LHW.com Experience Luxurious Accomodations at a Leading Hotel of the World.

I'm afraid in my book, this glaring spelling mistake just about says it all.
I see this word (Accommodation) spelled incorrectly many times (one is on a sign of a budget hotel near me!), but for an accommodation provider to spell it wrongly is laughable and appears so unprofessional.
Old Oct 18, 2008, 11:59 am

Programs: Worldperks Silver, Dividend Miles Silver, Rapid Rewards
Incredible

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.