Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Hotel Deals
Reload this Page >

[EXPIRED] Leading Hotels of the World - $19.28 a night (reg $500-$2000)

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

[EXPIRED] Leading Hotels of the World - $19.28 a night (reg $500-$2000)

Search this Thread

Old Sep 9, 2008, 3:55 pm

deleted

Last edited by SkeptiCallie; Oct 30, 2008 at 8:39 am
Old Sep 9, 2008, 4:19 pm

Programs: UA Plat, TK Gold, *G
Originally Posted by SkeptiCallie
Question for those who have registered--

Do you receive an email confirming that they received your reservation?

I registered and gave my email address but so far haven't gotten a confirmation email back, so I am wondering if it went through. Probably did, but I don't want to assume anything and then find out too late that I should have checked.
Nope, I didn't get a confirmation and I am a longtime LHW memeber with stays on my record.

However, when I revisit the site, it does say that I am registered for the promo.
Old Sep 9, 2008, 4:55 pm

I have not gotten any confirmation either..
Old Sep 9, 2008, 4:57 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

ok, let me try a new tack here, for all that havent read the T&C.

yes its a random contest, and you have no chance of winning. so no need to bother.

Old Sep 9, 2008, 5:00 pm

Programs: Marriott Titanium, Hilton Diamond, DeltaMM
Originally Posted by Kagehitokiri
ok, let me try a new tack here, for all that havent read the T&C.

yes its a random contest, and you have no chance of winning. so no need to bother.

What he said. I would certainly suggest that no one even try. At all.

Thanks for NOT playing...
Old Sep 9, 2008, 5:05 pm
In memoriam

Programs: UA 1K 1.9MM, Starwood Platinum, a nothing in several others
Originally Posted by SkeptiCallie
... Do you receive an email confirming that they received your reservation? ...
No confirmation email here either. I trust we will receive emails before Oct 1 telling us how to make the reservations.
Originally Posted by bsb21
... However, when I revisit the site, it does say that I am registered for the promo.
That is caused by the cookie 1928Promotion set to "true". It simply means that someone using the same computer/browser/user ID registered. There is always the possibility that you registered with the wrong email address since they have not sent confirmation emails. If you clear the cookie or use another browser or computer it will not show you are registered.

Last edited by gfowler-ord-1k; Sep 9, 2008 at 5:31 pm
Old Sep 9, 2008, 10:04 pm

well it's been a good news to hear from the hotel point of view as they are celebrating 100th anniversary.
Old Sep 9, 2008, 10:09 pm

Programs: UA/EK(Gold) CX(Diamond) Marriott Gold Accor Platinum Hilton Diamond Shangri-la Jade
Originally Posted by bsb21
Do you think that they will accept reservations over the phone and not put you on a 45min. hold?

For us, U.S. residents, the phone could be a better option than the internet.
I attended an lhw do a few days ago and they told us about this promotion and the lhw guy on my table said we can call. However I've just received the promo email and this is what it says and it appears that you can only book through the net. Beginning to suspect this is an amassing of email addresses exercise as opposed to rewarding loyal lhw members:

To Celebrate Our 80th, We Are Taking You Back To $19.28

Just months after launching one of this year's most expensive holidays in honor of its 80th anniversary - an epic USD 1 million trip "Around the World" - The Leading Hotels of the World turns the tables - and back the clock - to embrace its founding year (1928). At 12 noon GMT (8 a.m. Eastern Time) on October 1, 2008, we will release a limited number of our most-coveted hotel rooms at the unprecedented rate of USD 19.28 per night. For 80 minutes only, you will be able to secure the celebratory USD 19.28 rate and experience a multitude of our iconic hotels.

Available exclusively at www.lhw.com/1928, and based upon availability, the promotion enables registered customers to reserve a maximum of two nights at USD 19.28 per night (exclusive of taxes, VAT or other supplemental charges) at a single participating hotel for travel between November 1 and December 15, 2008. Additional nights can be secured at the hotel’s standard rates. In order to have access to the special rate and expedite the reservations process, individuals are encouraged to pre-register on www.lhw.com/1928.

This offer is strictly subject to specific terms and conditions.

For more information and for a complete listing of participating hotels go to www.lhw.com/1928.
Old Sep 11, 2008, 4:04 pm

Programs: SPG LT Plat, Hilton G,Priorty Club G, AC E
Do you just make a regular booking and the $19.28 rate pops up...

...or do you have to enter through a certain page...just wondering how to proceed on the day of?
Homer>
Old Sep 11, 2008, 5:56 pm

Originally Posted by someday
I have not gotten any confirmation either..
Am I the only one who DID get a confirmation?????
Old Sep 11, 2008, 6:30 pm

Originally Posted by flyerwife
Yes, you would appear to be the only one who DID receive confirmation. At least of the people posting on FlyerTalk.

What did your confirmation say ?
Old Sep 11, 2008, 6:53 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Location: Currently in Bloomington, IN, but Normally NYC, CDG, and even POZ or wherever FT takes me.
Programs: Northwest Airlines. MTA pay-per-ride Metrocard; zero-balance Oyster card.
Originally Posted by flyerwife
Apparently so...
Old Sep 11, 2008, 7:13 pm

i got the confirmation i think..

You are now registered for the Leading Hotels USD 19.28 promotion. On October 1, 2008, you will be asked to enter your e-mail address, which will serve as your key to unlock this special limited offer.

In the meantime feel free to return to LHW.com to learn more about the hotels that are participating in the promotion.
Old Sep 11, 2008, 7:26 pm

Location: SYD, Australia......Hotels: HHon LT Diamond, Hyatt LT Glob, Marriott AMB (LT Gold), IHG AMB (20 years of SCC and RoyAMB dropped 2024)...Airlines: BA GGL (OW Emerald), LH FTL (*S), QF Plat (LT Gold), VA, UA Silver (*S), SQ Silver (*S)
Originally Posted by Sydfly
Does anyone know how to read the T&C in terms of period you can stay. It says for "travel between November 1 and December 15". Does that mean that you can still book it for December 15 for 2 nights or is the last day of bookable check-in December 13?
OK, in case anyone else is interested. I got an email from LHW confirming that the last day of check-in is the 13th of December rather than the 15th. Well, means more chance for anyone else here to snap up a room as it doesn't suit our travel needs and not property in Australia is participating
Old Sep 11, 2008, 8:10 pm

Programs: Delta, Hyatt-Plat, Priority Club-Plat, Hilton-Gold
I got the confirmation, as well. It said something like, "Because we like you so much Mr. DiscoPapa, we are going to guarantee a room for you at the promo rate...." or something like that.

But seriously, I got the confirmation. It said that on Oct. 1, we will enter our e-mail address as our 'passcode' to sign in.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.