Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Hotel Deals
Reload this Page >

[EXPIRED] Leading Hotels of the World - $19.28 a night (reg $500-$2000)

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

[EXPIRED] Leading Hotels of the World - $19.28 a night (reg $500-$2000)

Search this Thread

Old Oct 29, 2008, 5:16 am

Originally Posted by kaka
I'm just complaining i have to look for hotel for 2-3 other nights if i am going...
thinking where to go without breaking my wallet...
didn't you know before filling the form you were just going to het 2 nights at best?
Or were T&C non clear enough? Maybe you could sue over that...
Old Oct 29, 2008, 6:19 am

Programs: M&M,Boomerang
Portugal & Budapest

Hi,

did anyone get Budapest or Portugal? havent seen any mail about this here. My sister has the 065X and was hoping for it sonce most people seemed to have chosen paris or NY...

And what about Prague or Tallinn, anyone lucky?
Old Oct 29, 2008, 6:40 am

Question

hi,

i was wondering since there is no possibility for changing dates or hotel if it would be possible to swap nights among FT users?
it would be too bad, if this bargain would be unused.
i mean i understand that LHW wouldn't want winners to sell the nights but swapping would be a win-win for all, right?
i'm among those who were "lucky" but then got the "wrong" hotel, which i have not requested.
anyone who knows if there's a chance for swapping and would support this idea?
Old Oct 29, 2008, 6:56 am

Hi everyone. I have been following this promotion since the beginning, before the entire thing fell through the first time. I didn't come across this forum until last Thursday when I saw the link on another forum that I am very active in. I have been following this thread since, but have yet felt a need to register and make a post. But now that today would be the 7th day and I still have not received any confirmation, I wanted to say something.

As for the people who chose "any where, any date" I don't understand how you can complain. It was your option to CHOOSE "any where, any date". So unless you own your own private jet and can pick up and go whenever and wherever you want to, I think it serves you right that you can't take advantage of it because you screwed someone else over just so you can have the satisfaction of being picked - whether or not you can go. What did you think your chances were that you would get a hotel anywhere in the world that you can take, on a date that you can go, within a month and a half? Stupid.

As for LHW and the option to go anywhere, any date -
Putting rooms back into the pool, I highly doubt that will happen. Working and studying in the hospitality field, I have learned that the hotels like it when you don't show up. If you book a room at a cheap rate and don't show up, it gives them the chance to re-sell that room to a walk-in person at the highest rate they can possibly give. For them to be selling rooms at 19.28, they are hoping we don't show up. Someone above posted that they are purposefully sending people to the farther locations from where they live because they know that most of them will not show up, therefore the hotels can still get full room rates from other people who show up at the hotel with their luggage and need a place to stay. LHW knows they can get away with this because the idiots who did choose "any where, any date" cannot complain because that is what they chose.

I don't understand the order in which they are going through the forms and processing them but it seems as though people who chose "any where, any date" are getting rooms before people who chose places and dates. Which proves my point above - they are handing out rooms hoping that most people aren't showing up.

My timestamp was 508. I only chose one option, the Alex hotel in NYC for either Dec 5th & 6th or Dec 12th & 13th. Not only have I not received any confirmation or any sort of e-mail from LHW whatsoever, I also have not seen any posts anywhere that anyone has received confirmation to that hotel. Can somebody please correct me if I am wrong?
Old Oct 29, 2008, 6:56 am

Originally Posted by adrianonez
Hi,

did anyone get Budapest or Portugal? havent seen any mail about this here. My sister has the 065X and was hoping for it sonce most people seemed to have chosen paris or NY...

And what about Prague or Tallinn, anyone lucky?
A friend of mine got Budapest - Nov 8-10
Old Oct 29, 2008, 6:57 am

Has anyone actually received an email saying they have been unsuccessful? The ones I put down were all in Europe, my number was 549 and I haven't heard a thing all week - still waiting patiently - should I give up now???
Old Oct 29, 2008, 7:00 am

Programs: AC-SE100K MM, BA-S HH-D, MB-G LT Sil, IHG-Plt, Nexus, Global Entry
Originally Posted by Michy1215
Hi everyone.
Welcome to FT Michy1215! Thanks for a very thoughtful first post.
--
13F
Old Oct 29, 2008, 7:18 am

@adrianonez
by the way, i got Lisboa, Timestamp was 58x

and if there was a way to swap I'm looking for either Stockholm or Rome.

Originally Posted by hibiscus
hi,

i was wondering since there is no possibility for changing dates or hotel if it would be possible to swap nights among FT users?
i mean i understand that LHW wouldn't want winners to sell the nights but swapping would be a win-win for all, right?
i'm among those who were "lucky" but then got the "wrong" hotel, which i have not requested.
Old Oct 29, 2008, 7:57 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Location: SF CA USA. I love large faceless corporations. And they cherish me in return (sometimes). ;)
Programs: UA Premier Gold/disappointed 1MM, HH Gold, IHG Plat, MB Gold, BW Diam Sel
Originally Posted by hibiscus
hi,

Most hotels are going to ask for ID (passport, driver's license, or other government-issued ID), and ALL will ask for a credit card (or deposit) to cover incidentals.

They will expect the ID to match the name on the reservation. You run the risk of being turned away or asked to pay full rack rate.

(Also, in general FlyerTalk does NOT permit swapping to occur on its forums.... There are a few exceptions, but I don't believe "Hotel Deals" is one of them. So be forewarned.)
Old Oct 29, 2008, 8:02 am
In memoriam

Programs: UA 1K 1.9MM, Starwood Platinum, a nothing in several others
deleted, old news

Last edited by gfowler-ord-1k; Oct 29, 2008 at 9:01 am
Old Oct 29, 2008, 8:04 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Location: SF CA USA. I love large faceless corporations. And they cherish me in return (sometimes). ;)
Programs: UA Premier Gold/disappointed 1MM, HH Gold, IHG Plat, MB Gold, BW Diam Sel
Originally Posted by Red Rum
Has anyone actually received an email saying they have been unsuccessful? The ones I put down were all in Europe, my number was 549 and I haven't heard a thing all week - still waiting patiently - should I give up now???
"All week?"

It hasn't been a week yet! The They said "seven days," I suggest you wait seven days from October 23 to hear from them!

www.lhw.com/1928status

As a reminder, within seven days, you will be notified via email whether or not your reservation request was fulfilled. In the interim, please be patient as neither The Leading Hotels of the World, nor participating member hotels, will be able to provide any information on your individual requests.
Old Oct 29, 2008, 8:09 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by gfowler-ord-1k
Now on the offer web page.
Our 80th anniversary USD 19.28 Sale has now concluded. If you missed this opportunity, we hope to bring you more commemorative promotions in the future.
But the status web page says this:

www.lhw.com/1928status

Thank you for your continued interest in The Leading Hotels of the World's USD 19.28 Sale. We have created this dedicated site to keep you informed of all the latest developments relating to this 80th anniversary offer.

We have made significant progress on processing the many thousands of hotel request forms we received last Thursday. Congratulations to those of you who have already received a confirmation!

Regarding your reservation, please note the following: ....
Old Oct 29, 2008, 8:10 am

Originally Posted by Michy1215
My timestamp was 508. I only chose one option, the Alex hotel in NYC for either Dec 5th & 6th or Dec 12th & 13th. Not only have I not received any confirmation or any sort of e-mail from LHW whatsoever, I also have not seen any posts anywhere that anyone has received confirmation to that hotel. Can somebody please correct me if I am wrong?
I haven't seen anyone with The Alex Hotel either. My time stamp was 493 and I requested December 12 & 13th as well.
Old Oct 29, 2008, 8:17 am
TSE

Programs: BA, LH, AF, TK
I also got 2 nights in Budapest (NY Palace Boscolo). Only received the confirmation yesterday evening and it's for this Sunday!

I had a time stamp of 554 and selected any dates. It does seem odd that many requests with later time stamps were treated earlier - a cynic might well suggest that they are hoping for no-shows by offering rooms at short notice...

I will be taking up the offer though but am having to burn miles as otherwise the airfare would probably have negated the room savings.
Old Oct 29, 2008, 8:17 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by tbooth
I haven't seen anyone with The Alex Hotel either. My time stamp was 493 and I requested December 12 & 13th as well.
Once again, FlyerTalk is NOT the whole population of people who participated in the promo! Not by a long shot. In all probability, only a small fraction of those who tried for rooms are posting here.

Also, even if you submitted your request early, there is NO guarantee of availability on the dates you requested.

On the promo status page:

http://www.lhw.com/1928status

You may see that the hotel has availability at regular rates during the dates you requested and were not granted. The USD 19.28 rate is based on a limited room allocation by each hotel. It does not mean that all available rooms are being sold at the promotional rate.
In other words, there are NO guarantees of success, even if you were the very first to submit a request!

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.