(RATE GONE) Expedia $50 off per Night!

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Search this Thread

Old Mar 20, 2008, 9:43 am
Original Poster

Programs: United 1K, AA Plat Exec, DL Plat, Marriott Titanium Lifetime Elite, Hilton Gold, Hyatt Globalist

NOW DEAD:

Ripped from SD:

$50 off per night through expedia

The coupon needs to be used by March 31st for travel through April 30th. It only works if your total is MORE than $50.

It is limit 1 per person per trip, so if you need another night, you'll have to log in as a guest.

Its supposed to be for Expedia Ellie Plus members only, but it works for everyone...

Last edited by joelfreak; Mar 23, 2008 at 10:24 pm Reason: Now dead
Old Mar 20, 2008, 9:51 am

Programs: AS MVP Gold, BA Silver, AA Gold, Marriott Titanium, Hyatt Globalist
$50 off per stay, not per night

Unless I've misread the T+C, the $50 discount is per stay, not per night.
Old Mar 20, 2008, 9:55 am

Programs: Rapid Rewards, Skymiles, HHonors, Amex MR; Browns, Cavs, Indians, and Buckeyes Season Ticket Holder
Originally Posted by jbalmuth
right, but there's no minimum stay...so you can just book multiple stays, saving $50/night
Old Mar 20, 2008, 9:56 am

Programs: Hyatt Explorist, IHG Platinum, Celebrity Cruises Elite Plus
Originally Posted by jbalmuth
I just priced a two-night itinerary, and when I entered the discount code, it reduced the price by $100, not $50. Give it a try....
Old Mar 20, 2008, 10:11 am

Programs: AA EXP, MR Gold
I put in the coupon for a 5 night stay for the Big Island, Hawaii.... and successfully got $250. off.

Thanks!
Old Mar 20, 2008, 10:18 am

When you apply the coupon and look at the rules, it says $50 per night. It also says only valid for Elite Plus Members, though, so who knows if it will stick.
Old Mar 20, 2008, 11:00 am

Programs: IHG Rewards Platinum, Marriott Gold, Hilton Diamond, UA/DL/AA Back of the plane...
For the life of me I cannot figure out how to add a coupon... I remember seeing "I have a coupon" or "apply coupon" before, but I cannot find it now!
Old Mar 20, 2008, 11:20 am

Programs: TK/SQ Gold, QR Plat, Marriott/Accor Plat, IC Dia Amb, HH Gold, Hertz PC
http://www.expedia.com/daily/promos/...50/default.asp

Terms and Conditions

This offer is from Expedia.com® and is available to Expedia.com Elite Plus members only. Offer available only while supplies last. This single-use coupon is valid only for a discount of $50 per night towards the new booking on Expedia.com of a room at an Expedia® Special Rate hotel for one (1) night or longer, when booked with a MasterCard. The cost of the booking must be at least $50 before taxes and fees. Coupon must be used by 11:59 PM (Pacific Time) on March 31, 2008, for travel between February 1, 2008 and April 30, 2008. Travel must be completed by April 30, 2008. After you select your qualifying booking, enter promotional code ELITEPLUS50 on the rate details page. Please click the "I have a coupon" radio button and enter promotional code ELITEPLUS50 if you wish to use your coupon on this booking. Limit one (1) coupon per person and one (1) coupon per booking. Bookings are subject to availability at the time of booking and all applicable terms and conditions. This coupon is not transferable. It may not be combined with or applied to other coupons, promotions, special offers or air–only bookings. All taxes, fees, charges, and surcharges applicable to the booking, including—without limitation—extra person, parking, phone and other charges are applicable to your reservation, and this coupon cannot be applied to them. These charges must be paid at the time the reservation is confirmed or to the hotel directly, and they are the responsibility solely of the customer. This coupon cannot be applied to the cost of cancellation or change penalties, prepaid reservations, administrative fees or other miscellaneous charges. Coupon will be deemed fully used once a qualifying reservation has been made and will not be returned or replaced, even in the event that the reservation is cancelled. If travel dates are changed after the use of the coupon, then the coupon will not apply to the changed travel schedule. Terms and conditions of this coupon are as written and cannot be changed by any representation of any unauthorized person, including employees of Expedia, Inc. Coupon is not transferable and is not redeemable for cash. Coupon cash value 1/100˘. Void where prohibited by law.
Old Mar 20, 2008, 11:21 am
Suspended

Programs: BA Gold
Great find!

If only they were good for travel after April 30th. I'm waiting to book about 15 nights in May/June, but all the expedia coupons are only good until end of Aprile.
Old Mar 20, 2008, 11:32 am

Programs: NW, UA
Thumbs up

just booked 3 nts. in singapore for $65 a/i. hope it sticks.

and it is a one-time use code. i tried a second booking.. wouldn't let me.

Last edited by worldexpress; Mar 20, 2008 at 12:01 pm Reason: added
Old Mar 20, 2008, 11:35 am

Programs: AA-UA-AS IHG-SPG-Carlson
This is amazing !

I tried booking a week stay at a $73 a night hotel near Salem Oregon that I might use, it immediately took off $350 making the whole stay under $200, without even logging in.

Of course, expedia might try to cancel.
I'll have to go check out what it costs to be ElitePlus....

edit: OK, you cant buy it, have to earn it....

Expedia® Elite Plus™ is a new upgraded account status for our best customers. To qualify, members must stay a minimum of 12 hotel nights, or complete at least $10,000 worth of travel booked on Expedia within a calendar year

Last edited by MrHalliday; Mar 20, 2008 at 11:44 am
Old Mar 20, 2008, 11:45 am

Expedia® Elite Plus™ is a new upgraded account status for our best customers. To qualify, members must stay a minimum of 12 hotel nights, or complete at least $10,000 worth of travel booked on Expedia within a calendar year.
So what happens if you aren't Elite+ and book using the coupon... can they cancel you after the fact?
Old Mar 20, 2008, 11:52 am

Originally Posted by fwfdan
For the life of me I cannot figure out how to add a coupon... I remember seeing "I have a coupon" or "apply coupon" before, but I cannot find it now!
I would like to know how to add it as well. Would any of the Expedia experts enlighten us please?

drew
Old Mar 20, 2008, 11:55 am

Programs: AA-UA-AS IHG-SPG-Carlson
Originally Posted by pr0digy25
So what happens if you aren't Elite+ and book using the coupon... can they cancel you after the fact?
who knows?...thats always the uncertainty in any deal.

Taking this to extremes:

22 nights at Phuket paradise resort, 4/7-4/29
$56 pn comes to $1389, $1100 discount totals to $289.

OK, its not the HI for 1 baht, but not bad !
Old Mar 20, 2008, 12:02 pm

Thanks OP! I'm pushing it though. I booked one night in San Diego for under $7 and used a Visa (Oops). But it took the payment at the discounted rate. I'll wait and see next weekend if they honor it.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.